Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which new generation video game console you will buy?

After the press confernece for the PS4, I'm still not sold since there might be a catch. I'll wait about 2-3 years for the PS4, that's where majority of the "good" games are release.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Depends if Destiny will come out on the Xbox 720 or not.
    Destiny is a multi-platform game.

It's hard to say really - PS4's just barely been announced, we know nothing about Microsoft's response and Nintendo have only just released their mid last generation console update.

WiiU for Smash Bros at the very least(whenever that happens).

Xbox because I'm well-established in their system.

Not a PS4 because come on, not even moving my PS3 DOWNLOADS up? What the hell.

Build a gaming PC.

I'll probably be sticking with my PC for gaming but if I have to choose I'd probably go for the new PS4 for it's exclusives (mainly Uncharted and Gran Turismo).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It isn't a tad bit early to be asking this question considering that the Wii U only just launch, We just barely know about the PS4 and absolutely nothing about the next gen Xbox.

But to answer your question the Wii U and maybe the steam box depending on any further info about it and the PS4 thought it not being backward compatible is off putting and I have no real reason to buy one at launch when I just brought a PS3 in 2011.

You seem to be forgetting the Ouya, Steam Box and the Wii U.
    Steam box?

i havent even gotten a ps3 yet, which i hope to get soon.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Steam box?
    Valve is planning on making a console which is simply a modified PC built to run Steam. I could probably go for it, but I'd need more games than Half Life and Portal to justify a purchase.

As far as games go for other consoles, here's what I'm thinking:

For Wii U, I'm waiting until after E3 most likely, when better games for it will be announced. There's not much going for it right now, and many of Nintendo's big franchises have yet to make an appearance on the console. The announcment of that new 3D Mario game will probably do it for me, but I'd also like to see new games for Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi (I know they announced that yarn based Yoshi game, but I'd need to see more gameplay to decide whether or not to buy that one), and Smash Bros. I'm thinking we'll get at least 2 or 3 of those at E3 this year.

PS4 has already announced a few interesting games, namely Knack, inFamous Second Son, and The Witness. I'll need to see a bit more gameplay for some of them, but I think I'm going to like those games. This is also likely going to be my go-to console for 3rd party games, like main series Sonic the Hedgehog games (which Nintendo consoles typically can't run).

I've already stated that I don't really have much interest in the 720 due to a lack of my favorite genres on this console, but an interesting gimmick with innovative 3rd party exclusives could warrant a purchase on this. There was a rumor a while back that supposedly Microsoft was working on virtual reality technology, and if that's true, I could easily see some interesting games coming out for this that I might want.

Not sure yet, it's mainly between the XBox 720 and the Playstation 4, though I have a feeling it will be the XBox 720 considering how much I play on the 360. Even so, most of the games I've played on the 360 were also available for the Playstation 3, so it could go either way.

I haven't really seen anything from the Wii-U that has impressed me, yet. I kind of have to agree with the other people who said it seems to be Nintendo's attempt to catch up rather than try get the first-mover advantage in the next gen market.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    I haven't really seen anything from the Wii-U that has impressed me, yet. I kind of have to agree with the other people who said it seems to be Nintendo's attempt to catch up rather than try get the first-mover advantage in the next gen market.
    If Nintendo wanted to catch up, they would have tried to catch up. That's the problem with that line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    If Nintendo wanted to catch up, they would have tried to catch up. That's the problem with that line of thinking.
    This is true, Nintendo doesn't really have an interest in making a completely up to date games console with all the latest features, they'd rather have one that allows for unique and innovative gameplay at an affordable price. They're obviously not really competing with Sony and Microsoft.

Probably the new Xbox. Seeing as they will probably eventually release a Halo game for it..
    My Y Team:

Just for the new eventual Mario Kart and Smash Bros., I will be investing in a Wii U. And as a big zombie gamer, I'm in love with ZombiU just off of gameplay videos and want it for myself.

Between 720 and PS4, I wasn't really impressed with Sony's presentation for the PS4 so I can't say I've made up my mind. I will only get one of the two, because honestly I dont have the money nor the time for all 3.
    X Team:

Y Team:

I'm getting the 720 once I get Live again so I can transfer all my data before my 360 breaks

I want a ps4 just cause of Square enix

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'm getting the 720 once I get Live again so I can transfer all my data before my 360 breaks
    And what if 720 has no backwards compatability like PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    I want a ps4 just cause of Square enix
    Yeah, they've yet to disappoint with their PS3 offerings. What with XIII being beloved the world over, the success of FFXIV, everyone's expectations were met by Versus-XIII.

Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And what if 720 has no backwards compatability like PS4?
    Was the 360 built with a Cell like the PS3 was? Noooooope. People scoffed it off for being simple, but now the PS3 architecture is really biting Sony in the ***.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Yeah, they've yet to disappoint with their PS3 offerings. What with XIII being beloved the world over, the success of FFXIV, everyone's expectations were met by Versus-XIII.
    Nowadays I'd be the last person to defend Square Enix, so I won't, but there are people who still enjoyed the games they put out. Even if I don't agree with a majority of the business strategies and practices of them these days I still enjoyed XIII.

Was the 360 built with a Cell like the PS3 was? Noooooope. People scoffed it off for being simple, but now the PS3 architecture is really biting Sony in the ***.
    On the flip side, it's incredibly hard to emulate PS3 games on PC, graphical capabilities aside. So I guess they did one thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    On the flip side, it's incredibly hard to emulate PS3 games on PC, graphical capabilities aside. So I guess they did one thing right?
    It's also hard to emulate Gamecube.

looking forward to getting my hands on Wii U, especially when they come out with more interesting games

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I think I'l go for a Wii U. With Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party games alone there is quite a wide variety of games. Platformer? Mario. Adventure? Zelda. RPG? Pokemon. Turn-based Strategy? Fire Emblem. Real-time Strategy? Pikmin. Life Sim? Animal Crossing.
    It doesn't provide everything, but certainly enough high-quality games every few months to keep me satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I already have a Wii U and I got it in December. I consider it next gen. Since we don't know much about the PS4 and the 720 is non existent (as of now), I can't say much for those two. This generation, I got a Wii and an Xbox 360, so maybe I'll have Wii U and 720? Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I won't be getting a new console right away.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I'm looking forward to owning the PS4....a few years after it's initial release and all (or most) of the bugs are worked out of it. Oh yeah, and a significant price drop from whatever the initial price will be.

With only the PS4 announced thus far (yeah I'm one of those people who doesn't consider the Wii U an 8th gen console) it's really too early to make that decision.

I'll get a PS4 depending on the Final Fantasy game that's announced for it. If it's Versus XIII or Agni's Philosophy I'll probably get it.

It'll take a miracle for me to buy another Microsoft console. My first 360 that I won from that Pepsi contest in 2005 RROD'd, and then my replacement 360 RROD'd after like two weeks. My current 360 that I bought used is still alive, but I only use it to play first person shooters, which is a genre I wouldn't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    With only the PS4 announced thus far (yeah I'm one of those people who doesn't consider the Wii U an 8th gen console) it's really too early to make that decision.
    The Wii U IS 8th gen, though. It's determined by time, not power.

The Ouya is also an 8th gen console despite the fact that an average phone has more power than it.

While technically it is, it isn't at the same time. Time and power go hand and hand when it comes to games systems. Every system being more powerful than the one that comes before. And while that's true in the case of Wii vs Wii U. The Wii U is clearly playing catch up and adding things that they should of done the last 6 years. And seriously, no DVD playback? What is this, 1998?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast