Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pokémon Harbor Patrol! (776)

only good thing i liked about this episode was N travelling with them

They got their jet packs back? YES!

Also, I loved how self-righteous N was in this episode. I'm glad they're showcasing his major flaws as well as his major strengths.

Saw the pics.

My reaction.

Thank Arcues this is the last episode before charizard.

Fun episode. I loved that Miruhog, that's a huge accomplishment for an episode to make for me because I've always thought the species was incredibly boring and as useless as every early route Normal-type that isn't Lillipup. This one was so much better than Aloe's and I loved how it was a competent dork or lovable lameass. It totally reminded me of me if I were in Pokemon form. Miruhog was strong and seemed to be better at weight-lifting than Futachimaru and seemed to be just as competent when it came to destroying those obstacles during the test run. Unfortunately Miruhog was held back by its inability to use a ranged Water-type attack to douse fires, instead of this episode being about Miruhog trying to learn Rain Dance or something Miruhog instead sticks to using Sand-Attack which sucks *** at putting out fires. I thought its antics were entertaining, believe it or not. And it was cute too.

I also liked how N seemed to learn a lesson from Hiroto and Miruhog at the end of the day when he says something about Miruhog not wanting/shouldn't be a member of a Rescue Team. Good to see Doryuzu, Mijumaru, and Kibago all do something and Mijumaru not made out to be a joke in what he did. I also loved the mini-team-up between Iris, Miruhog, Doryuzu, and N when Hiroto and the firefighters got trapped and seeing Miruhog save the day. Don't know about the Pururiru. They just sorta felt "there." Liked seeing Futachimaru, it's my favorite member of the Mijumaru line. I also liked how they all wore scarves, reminded me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. They all looked very professional yet cute. Also nice to see N's power once more and his being able to explore different dynamics between different trainers of the world. That strife between him and Hiroto was enjoyable as a subplot.

Even though the two aren't related in the slightest this episode really makes me wanna play Pokemon:Gate to Infinity.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 1st March 2013 at 2:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    While you are right, there is also the possibility that Ash didn't have Palpitoad with him during the course of this episode, since he has caught more than 5 pokemons in Unova.
    That logic doesn't work when there have been consecutive episodes in a row where Ash has had more than 6 Pokemon.

OBVIOUSLY, the writers can choose whoever they want on Ash's team.

Especially when they don't plan on showing more than 2 Pokemon (Pikachu and Oshawott).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It was better than I thought. I like that Woobat/Yamask appeared and Team Rocket didn't use their balloon.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It was better than I thought. I like that Woobat/Yamask appeared and Team Rocket didn't use their balloon.
    I hope they get the memo now: if you don't want to blast off, keep your jetpacks handy and don't use that effing balloon! :P

Like I predicted, this was just a typical filler. I didn't expect great things from it, but I was surprised that Oshawott got to appear; then again, was he "inspired" to evolve after seeing Dewott like so many people predicted? I don't think so. But at least he got to do something. Anyway, I didn't like the character of the day or the Pokemon of the day for that matter because once again, I couldn't relate to either of them. I also wasn't a fan of seeing Team Rocket here; they were just sort of there for no apparent reason, but as always they ended up making things worse for Ash and friends. Most importantly, I'm curious to know why the setting was called the Gulf Coast. Was it ever clarified?

I can't believe what looked like a dumb filler episode actually restored some of my faith in this arc...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Does anyone know what N said to Hiroto when he was upset?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Does anyone know what attack wachog used to lift weights? Was it superpower cause watchog can't learn superpower...

edit: nvm...I think it's strength...
    Last edited by XXD17; 1st March 2013 at 5:59 AM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Yeah this episode was pretty pointless, although it did have some cute moments.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Does anyone know what attack wachog used to lift weights? Was it superpower cause watchog can't learn superpower...

edit: nvm...I think it's strength...
    Yeah, it's strength.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. Just...no words for muscle-Watchog. And Dewott was so cute.

Team Rocket didn't blast off this time. Awesome.

So many times where the camera would just pan to N staring. It was weird. He's stilll the odd man out in the group, but it's nice to see him traveling with them.

I wasn't expecting a lot from this episode, but I thought it ended up being pretty good. If things go where I suspect they're going, this was some good foreshadowing for N, and it they don't, it was still pretty good character development and showcased his abilities to talk to Pokemon well. I liked the COTD and his Watchog, which was a nice little subplot that didn't go longer than needed. And thought Team Rocket was good and I'm glad they're mixing up they're Pokemon. I do hope Woobat evolves to even out the evolution between Jessie and James.

Other than maybe the Flocessey Ranch one, which I didn't even hate that much, I've liked pretty much every episode in this arc. If they stay on track with the conclusion then I'll like it a lot.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I can't believe what looked like a dumb filler episode actually restored some of my faith in this arc...
    Just asking, is it because TR didn't blast off?

This kind of fillers is what keeps me coming back to watch the anime, of all the episodes I have seen in the anime (I seen all by now) this one, is one my top 3 favorites.

I really love Watchog's facial expressions throughout the episode, some made laugh, frustrate, and a few emotionally sad (just wanted to go through the screen and comfort it), at times proud to be a Watchog fan. I also loved Dewott's expressions, he is my #4 favorite. Just wished that more fillers (like this one) had more of my favorite Pokemon in them.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    This episode was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. Just...no words for muscle-Watchog. And Dewott was so cute.

Team Rocket didn't blast off this time. Awesome.

So many times where the camera would just pan to N staring. It was weird. He's stilll the odd man out in the group, but it's nice to see him traveling with them.
    I imagine the reason N kept getting his shots in this episode were because he doesn't agree with using Pokemon the way Hirito used them. And it seemed like this episode actually served as a means of development for N, realizing Pokemon can work along side humans to help deal with crises like the one that happened in this episode. At least that's what I assumed happened.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Lol sassy N episode.
    I had alot of fun watching this. Even i dont understand what they are saying.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Yeah, when the camera was on N he usually had a disapproving face on.

Anyways, I thought this was a pretty good filler (if it actually was filler). It was nice to see Oshawott not being treated like a joke and Dewott was cool.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Hey, maybe Roxie will appear her-

Oh, wait, she doesn't. Well, this was a pretty decent episode.

This was a pretty good episode. However, it's too bad that Team Rocket didn't blast off this time. Oh, well. I'm totally looking forward to next week's episode.

This filler. Not the greatest for me...
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Fine episode. I knew Team Rocket would only try to make things worse.

A pretty standard episode which I enjoyed but there are two things of note:

- Team Rocket got their motto right this episode!

- I think we are now seeing N questioning the foundations of his beliefs concerning Pokémon. He is trying so hard to stay faithful to his beliefs but after seeing Pokémon wanting to save other Pokémon and people alike and then this is on top of the battles he experienced in the previous episodes which started this whole rethink, I am now really interested in the way this develops.

Anyway, good episode and on to the next one! I have been waiting to see this one for ages!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast