Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Underated Sport.

Default Most Underated Sport.

In my opinion, the most underated sport out there would be Badminton. Those who play it know how fun it can be, and most people just shrugg it off because they have bad hand-eye co-ordination.
    Some call it hell; it's actually called facing my Bronzong.

Well yeah, badminton is fun, but it isn't even their coordination, you won't get a lot of respect when your ball is called a birdie, better known and mocked as a shuttlecock (apparently I can't underline a certain part of said word without it getting censored, but you get what I mean). Just sayin.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

It's a lot more physically demanding than you'd expect too.

Star-Lord

Soo much so. But yes, it's technical name is a Shuttlecock. I don't see why theres anything wrong with that unless your very immature.

And yes it is very physically demanding. My legs are still aching from 3 1/2 hours on thursday.
    Some call it hell; it's actually called facing my Bronzong.

I've played it, and while yes, it is fun, there's a reason a lot don't like it.

mud wrestling

giratina

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

Cross country.

While everyone is at Friday night football games having fun, we are sleeping in bed :/

But the Saturday morning runs are the best! Also people think we're gay for some reason, when were not.

Living in England, I'm going to say Basketball. It seems we have a league of some sort, but you never hear about it.

Ping Pong/Table Tennis

I'd say tennis.

I'm surprised no one has said horseback riding yet.
    So many people just consider it a hobby, when it's an actual olympic sport, you know?

And, there's also the misconception that the horse does all of the work, and that it's not at all difficult or something you need to practice to be good at.
    Some think you can just hop on a horse and gallop off into the sunset, and then that's riding. Bahaha.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/mnf5s.png[/IMG]

I say F1 racing or any motorsport, its not underrated by the true fans, but people who are not into it say its not physical and shouldn't be a sport/ boring to watch etc.

but the amount of fitness drivers need to have is amazing, it defiantly needs more appreciation
    Last edited by Dragoniteftw; 10th April 2011 at 8:38 PM.

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

Clearly the depth of underrated sports is too great, I was almost going to say hockey, but badminton and all things equestrian both trounce it. Rugby deserves a mention.

Interesting that Basketball is present but nigh non-existent in England, even if that's something I would guess.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

I would say badminton. It's endless hitting the ball into the air and requires like absolutely no skill. Now for real skill tennis is the real thing to play. You aim use power,etc.
    My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xanpakuto

I make playthroughs of all different types of games so come and check it out! Currently I'm making a playthrough of Oblivion

Join the Serebii's Naruto club :P

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=539588

Does anybody here play Ultimate?

And for the n00bs, that's Ultimate Frisbee.

with out a doubt squash
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Lol, I'd say Ultimate Frisbee. xD
    True Pokemon fans don't HAVE a signature.

Mountain biking, and yes, it's a sport. There's a world champs for downhill, red bull rampage and quite a lot more smaller events, and it can be done most places.

I would have to say Volleyball :I

"That's why, at this very moment, in the interval of a second,
    I wish to cross the world lines and protect your smile..."

Spoiler:- :

Black FC: 3568 - 3746 - 1976

Frisbee-Golf ;D

No srsly, I'd say badminton. Most people (or at least where I live) see it as something you only do at the beach or when you're on a vacation, just for the fun.
    When I told someone I had lessons they'd laugh. But meh, I guess there are better sports to suit this thread. I like tennis better though, and I quitted badminton a long time ago. But it involves more skill than people think.
    Ping-Pong too.

Quote Originally Posted by badmanjaro View Post
    I would say badminton. It's endless hitting the ball into the air and requires like absolutely no skill. Now for real skill tennis is the real thing to play. You aim use power,etc.
    lmao obviously someone hasn't played a good badminton match. Competitive badminton requires a lot of footwork and movement, and while, sure, that doesn't take per see as much power, you still need to place the bird well. That's a given for any racquet sport.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniteftw View Post
    I say F1 racing or any motorsport, its not underrated by the true fans, but people who are not into it say its not physical and shouldn't be a sport/ boring to watch etc.

but the amount of fitness drivers need to have is amazing, it defiantly needs more appreciation
    Finally someone who understands.

You can add in intense heat, concentration required, smarts, savvy etc, with no breaks for two hours

lmao obviously someone hasn't played a good badminton match. Competitive badminton requires a lot of footwork and movement, and while, sure, that doesn't take per see as much power, you still need to place the bird well. That's a given for any racquet sport.
    i agree anyone can play for fun but to play it seriously is tough i've been practicing for bout 6 months and im still no where near good enough. its an amazing sport thats fast and should be a lot more popular than what it is

Thanks to PokemonRoss ^^

Currently Playing X

3DS FC. 3050-7559-6011

Quote Originally Posted by Nancel View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said horseback riding yet.
    So many people just consider it a hobby, when it's an actual olympic sport, you know?

And, there's also the misconception that the horse does all of the work, and that it's not at all difficult or something you need to practice to be good at.
    Some think you can just hop on a horse and gallop off into the sunset, and then that's riding. Bahaha.
    I totally agree with you. People think that riders only need to sit on horse and let it walk, that they don't need to be concentrated and to make effort.

And about badminton, I don't think it is underated, it is like tennis, a sport that requires a lot of physical effort, but a little boring to watch.
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it

Starcraft 2

But in terms of physical "lets get sweaty" sports i'd have to say watersports. I like seeing the graceful swimmers and divers do their thing. But it's football this rugby that, tennis is amazing this and omg cricket that. -.- Gets bothersome.

Ice skating too =3 man that woman at the chinese olympics who got gold XwX amazing. Not enough of that. Sick of seeing football and rugby 24/7 They are enough to put me off sports.

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast