Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Why is PokeSpe so highly regarded?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Why is PokeSpe so highly regarded?

    Just as the title implies, what are your thoughts? Would you say is it too hyped up for its own good (likely due to disdain towards the Anime)?

    Edited.
    Last edited by matt0044; 1st March 2013 at 2:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Just as the title implies, what are your thoughts? Is it too hyped up for its own good due to disdain towards the Anime? Or something else?
    Because its plot is nice and has been maintained at a certain level above.

    We can see Kusaka use his expertise and imagination in the manga.

    Than he let each character can obtain opportunity to appear as far as he does.

    And it is the Pokemon manga only in addition Clefairy tale serial so far.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I think that it is too hyped up. That is not to say that it is bad, just not the greatest thing ever to be written.

    There is no overall plot for the series as a whole that links all of the many story arcs together.

    Whenever a story arc is over, we have to wait for remakes to see past characters again. I don't like to be reminded of THE severe flaw in the gaming industry (no regard for historical preservation). The American comic book system has already surpassed this by having a full blown continuities and having several books that share a universe being published at the same time that lead up to an epic crossover event (like DC's 52 line in 2006).

    The science in the series is even worse than the no-existent science of the Mass Effect series. Kusaka does not understand science AT ALL. Has this man even taken seventh grade science? The way aura works and the way sound works is completely different. He shouldn't explain aura using sound and then establish how it can be taken away using something that would not remove sound. He should not write a battle inside of an active volcano if he does not understand how lava works. He should not write about time travel if he does not understand it. In the same way, he should not write a character to be like Doctor Who (Celebii) if he doesn't understand what makes that series interesting. He should not try to mess with the metaphysics of his own universe by saying that Dialga and Palkia have been dead for thousands of years (you know, even though they are the things keeping time and space together). If Aristotle were alive, he would have some real issues with all of this.

    All of the arcs have bad endings because Kusaka doesn't know how to end something properly. He builds up the threat so much that he writes himself in a corner, thus requiring a contrived Deus Ex Machina; he undoes the massive damage done in the final battle (Ruby and Sapphire arc) and brings characters back to life in a confusing way (I'm looking at you Celebii), making the entire final battle completely pointless; he resets everything to the status quo at the end, making the entire journey pointless; he ruins his villains at the very end, making them all look like a bunch of schizophrenics; and he tries to use the endings to fill in plot holes that don't exist while simultaneously creating new ones retroactively, which causes him to look like a bad writer (although, I didn't need his confirmation for that).

    This is not to say that the series is bad, it is just not the river of gold that people make it out to be. The art is good, but the stories really need work. If you enjoy breaks in lore and series and you enjoy plot holes and contrivances, read Pokemon Adventures and then tell us all how you found the Mass Effect 3 ending to be good.

    For the rest of us, we should enjoy the art and try to not expect too much from the plot. I have seen better plot ideas, scientific explanations, and endings for this series from fan fiction writers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Because it's not the anime.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    In my personal experience, the manga was the thing that saved me from giving up on the Pokemon franchise (other than the games) after I finally gave up on the anime after continuous disappointments (the big thing that made me give up on the anime was when I found out that there would be no series for the Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier) was the manga. I have been reading the manga for a few years before that like the old Viz editions in my local library (at that time only RGB and Yellow was available in America) as well as online when my friend told me about /a/non translations (sorry shouldn't be mentioning that here) but after giving up on the anime was when I was 100% dedicated to the manga. Oh yes it's true, there was a time when I gave up on the manga as well (it was when the magazine run of HGSS ended) but the manga always managed to restore my faith in it.

    Okay and the reasons why I love the manga. First of all, most Pokemon evolve (unlike the ones in the anime) and the ones that don't are already powerful enough anyway, like Pika. Don't get me wrong, there are a few Pokemon in the anime that are pretty epic, like Charizard and Infernape, but the majority are pretty hopeless. Second, the characters change between different series to match the ones in the corresponding games. I like how Gold is the main character of GSC and HGSS instead of sending of sending Red to Johto like how the anime makes Ash the main character of every series instead of letting Brendan or Lucas have the spotlight. Also, the characters age and it's fun to see how they have changed over the few years when they have not appeared (well Gold never changes but then again that's the best thing about him XD). I also like how the manga has patterns they keep, like how every main characters are named after games (well Hugh is about to break that tradition but then again that was unavoidable and it's not like there are games left) and the male-rival-female to grass-fire-water starter rotary tradition that's going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    I think that it is too hyped up. That is not to say that it is bad, just not the greatest thing ever to be written.

    There is no overall plot for the series as a whole that links all of the many story arcs together.

    Whenever a story arc is over, we have to wait for remakes to see past characters again. I don't like to be reminded of THE severe flaw in the gaming industry (no regard for historical preservation). The American comic book system has already surpassed this by having a full blown continuities and having several books that share a universe being published at the same time that lead up to an epic crossover event (like DC's 52 line in 2006).

    The science in the series is even worse than the no-existent science of the Mass Effect series. Kusaka does not understand science AT ALL. Has this man even taken seventh grade science? The way aura works and the way sound works is completely different. He shouldn't explain aura using sound and then establish how it can be taken away using something that would not remove sound. He should not write a battle inside of an active volcano if he does not understand how lava works. He should not write about time travel if he does not understand it. In the same way, he should not write a character to be like Doctor Who (Celebii) if he doesn't understand what makes that series interesting. He should not try to mess with the metaphysics of his own universe by saying that Dialga and Palkia have been dead for thousands of years (you know, even though they are the things keeping time and space together). If Aristotle were alive, he would have some real issues with all of this.

    All of the arcs have bad endings because Kusaka doesn't know how to end something properly. He builds up the threat so much that he writes himself in a corner, thus requiring a contrived Deus Ex Machina; he undoes the massive damage done in the final battle (Ruby and Sapphire arc) and brings characters back to life in a confusing way (I'm looking at you Celebii), making the entire final battle completely pointless; he resets everything to the status quo at the end, making the entire journey pointless; he ruins his villains at the very end, making them all look like a bunch of schizophrenics; and he tries to use the endings to fill in plot holes that don't exist while simultaneously creating new ones retroactively, which causes him to look like a bad writer (although, I didn't need his confirmation for that).

    This is not to say that the series is bad, it is just not the river of gold that people make it out to be. The art is good, but the stories really need work. If you enjoy breaks in lore and series and you enjoy plot holes and contrivances, read Pokemon Adventures and then tell us all how you found the Mass Effect 3 ending to be good.

    For the rest of us, we should enjoy the art and try to not expect too much from the plot. I have seen better plot ideas, scientific explanations, and endings for this series from fan fiction writers.
    Okay yes I admit that the Celebi solution is bugging me a little but it's not like it happens every time. The instance where you said that Celebi essentially erased the final battle that happened only happened once. And it's not like the entire chapter never happened at all. Ruby still has his ribbons, Sapphire still has her badges and Maxie and Archie are dead (well not Archie for a while but you know what I mean). Celebi was a Johto Pokemon so it actually belonged in GSC and HGSS and it didn't pull a cheap trick. In HGSS, all it did was bring herbs that cured Giovanni which does make sense because it is a partially Grass-type Pokemon and if I recall correctly its job is to cure diseases. As for the villains thing, I don't think that applies to Maxie and Archie. They went completely insane at the end of RS and they both disintegrated into dust in the end, Archie even causing problems that were enough to bring all currently existing Dexholders together to solve them before he died. I guess I can't deny your claim when it comes to Cyrus though. It was pretty cool when he went insane as well, even to the point where his tears were freaking black, but I was literally like "WTF???" when he was reformed in Platinum. It looked like however the villainous team leaders turn out in the games, the opposite happens to them in the manga. Maxie and Archie are reformed in the games while Cyrus is not but the opposite happens in the manga. Giovanni was an "eh" I guess. It was pretty cool of him to dedicate what seemed like the final moments of his life to finding his son in a fashion that is still villainous and him going back to leading Team Rocket was better than not doing so I guess. I'm kinda afraid to see what will happen to Ghetsis though. He better not reform.

    It's not the science that is bugging me (actually nothing is bugging me but it still strikes me as strange). It's the surprises that characters pull on their opponents. Sure, if the panel concentrates on one character at a time then the surprises are hard to notice but imagining them in real life, when everyone can see a range of a five meter radius, the surprises are impossible NOT to spot. For example, how can you not see your victim cracking holes into glass, especially if she is under water? Also, even when you're distracted, how can you not spot a 10-ton giant turtle that moves at two miles per hour sneak up behind you? I have a feeling that that is one of the reasons among several why the manga cannot be made into an anime. Because the surprises are really hard to portray onto a TV show without it looking like complete bs.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 3rd March 2013 at 11:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the Negative Zone
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I like it because it has a good plot, good characters, good art, and it's Pokémon. The plot is good in my opinion because things are stringed together like you'd never expect, for example Emerald being one of the kids at the old Academy in Johto. Kusaka does such an interesting job of weaving things together. The characters are good because they have actual depth, rather than the anime characters. I'll admit, they do take some time to get developed (e.g. Silver), but I find myself to be OK with that. Mato and Yamamoto's art is very good, and even though Mato fell ill and her art deteriorated some, it's still much better than other manga I've seen. Yamamoto's art is even better, and really makes things enjoyable for me.

    Alright, about the science thing, it's a kids manga. People who bash on it for not making sense, lighten up. It's written for kids, but that doesn't mean 15-year-old me can't like it. Plus, it's based off of a video game. It doesn't have to make sense. And about the DXM with Celebi, we know it's bad, and it's the main reason I really hate the RS arc. But all I can say is...

    Kusaka makes up for it with the kick-*** FRLG arc. All in all, it's not the best manga ever, it's kind of overrated, but it's really good, and the best Pokémon manga out there.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    Plus, it's based off of a video game. It doesn't have to make sense. And about the DXM with Celebi, we know it's bad, and it's the main reason I really hate the RS arc. But all I can say is...

    Kusaka makes up for it with the kick-*** FRLG arc. All in all, it's not the best manga ever, it's kind of overrated, but it's really good, and the best Pokémon manga out there.
    I think that the reason why they use Celebi in RS, maybe in order to disseminate the reservation gifts of Pokémon Colosseum......

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I think thats because of the Heavy Use of Character Developement. People love to see how their favorite characters from the game(Which never shown on the games and PokeAnime) interact with each others and having diverse characteristic of their own, but yeah they are overated.

    Personally I love it because they able to make many Plot Twists which are not boring ones. And the minimal use of Fan Service despite this is a Shonen Manga

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    It looked like however the villainous team leaders turn out in the games, the opposite happens to them in the manga.
    It's the surprises that characters pull on their opponents. Sure, if the panel concentrates on one character at a time then the surprises are hard to notice but imagining them in real life
    This...... is true story. Also its like the surprises happens exceed maximum numbers and there is none like normal lives activity.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    And about the DXM with Celebi, we know it's bad, and it's the main reason I really hate the RS arc. But all I can say is...
    I wouldn't hate it for that alone. But I do think that the ending could've done without it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Don't know about everyone else, but I love Pokemon Adventures/Special for a bunch of reasons. Sometimes I'll like the story arc more then the actual regional games themselves. PokeSpecial knows how to write creative and nice characters and give them personalities that don't always fit with how they are in the game, just look at wild child Sapphire. The characters age and when their arc is over they step down and let new younger kids of the current generation step up and take charge and sometimes they'll even appear as mentors without taking the spotlight off the current cast and all the personalities mesh well together and don't feel like copies of each other. Gym Battles usually aren't the main story arc and are even optional to the main cast so it's not so in your face to get to a Gym for a badge. In DPPt, Gym's were the least important aspect of the adventure and nobody went for Gyms in GSC. I loved that. It makes all the Gym quest arcs in the different regions feel different and even more fun. The connections are always welcome and I love how so many little things can lead up to big thing and link regions like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and soon Unova all together. I love that. There is no character in Pokemon Adventures I do not like main cast wise. From Red to White I love them all as well as the professors and others.

    Pokemon Adventures keeps my love for Pokemon alive. It is very overrated though, and has it's own share of flaws that some try to overlook and ignore hence the overrated bit but even with it's flaws it still remains my favorite manga series of all. Without Pokemon Adventures I probably would have left the Pokemon franchise in gen 5. This truly rivals the games for me as the best Pokemon media.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Oh and I don't think that you can say Pokemon Adventures is "overrated" if you look at the general population of Pokemon fans. Sure, in a place or website that is actually dedicated to Pokemon Adventures, people obsess over it. But again, looking at the whole Pokemon fan population, approximately a mere half even know about the existence of Pokemon Adventures, let alone like it, or at least from my own personal experience. But then again, I live in America so it may be different in countries like Japan but in the area where I live, Pokemon Adventures is almost unknown. And for most of the people who do know about it, they are little kids that probably learned how to hold a controller when Platinum came out so they never even heard of Gold version and Red version is a legend to them. For Pokemon Adventures, they can only keep up with Viz because they don't really know about online comics so to them, RS, FRLG and Emerald are practically nonexistent. In summary, I am probably one in three people in my area that actually knows what's going on in Pokemon Adventures these days. Oh and if you look at the Pokemon website, it's dedicated to 70% games, events and TCG and 30% anime. And the Pokemon books for little kids like the sticker books and the guides by Tracey West from years ago are 100% dedicated to the anime. I doubt West even knows of the existence of Pokemon Adventures. You wanna talk overrated? Talk about the anime. Sure, there are hundreds of Pokemon Adventures fans on the internet and on forums like this one but these fans may possibly constitute for 90% of actual fans of Pokemon Adventures (just in America, not counting Japan). There are millions of Pokemon fans overall, and a hundred in a million is not a very big percentage.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Oh and I don't think that you can say Pokemon Adventures is "overrated" if you look at the general population of Pokemon fans. Sure, in a place or website that is actually dedicated to Pokemon Adventures, people obsess over it. But again, looking at the whole Pokemon fan population, approximately a mere half even know about the existence of Pokemon Adventures, let alone like it, or at least from my own personal experience. But then again, I live in America so it may be different in countries like Japan but in the area where I live, Pokemon Adventures is almost unknown. And for most of the people who do know about it, they are little kids that probably learned how to hold a controller when Platinum came out so they never even heard of Gold version and Red version is a legend to them. For Pokemon Adventures, they can only keep up with Viz because they don't really know about online comics so to them, RS, FRLG and Emerald are practically nonexistent. In summary, I am probably one in three people in my area that actually knows what's going on in Pokemon Adventures these days. Oh and if you look at the Pokemon website, it's dedicated to 70% games, events and TCG and 30% anime. And the Pokemon books for little kids like the sticker books and the guides by Tracey West from years ago are 100% dedicated to the anime. I doubt West even knows of the existence of Pokemon Adventures. You wanna talk overrated? Talk about the anime. Sure, there are hundreds of Pokemon Adventures fans on the internet and on forums like this one but these fans may possibly constitute for 90% of actual fans of Pokemon Adventures (just in America, not counting Japan). There are millions of Pokemon fans overall, and a hundred in a million is not a very big percentage.
    Well yeah, that's what I meant when I said "overrated" it's only on Pokemon sites like this that have other mangas to compare it to. It's my fave of the Pokemon mangas out there but there have been some other good ones too like Electric Tale of Pikachu, and Diamond and Pearl Adventure. But yeah outside the fanbase, Pokemon Adventures is largely unknown I think. I don't think casual Pokemon fans can tell the difference between them which is why you get those highly annoying anime questions on Adventures. So in a way it's both overrated and underrated too.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    I think it's a matter of peoples opinions. Some people like the manga more than others. I also agree with Platinum fan. Outside the manga fandom no Pokemon fan knows about the existence of Pokemon manga.

    When I check some PokeSpecial video's on YouTube and read all those comment who call Platinum Dawn and wonder who the hell Yellow and Emerald are. I also see some comments of angry people who don't like that people always assume the characters are from the Pokemon anime.

    The reason Pokemon Special seems to be overrated is because not every person knows about all the Pokemon manga that are out there and the ones who are just into manga mostly only know Pokemon Special. It took me some time before I discovered about the other Pokemon manga that there were. I only knew about Pokemon Special and Ginji's rescue team.

    It may seem that a lot of people know about Pokemon manga, but compared to all the Pokemon fans out there it's a small percentage and well all know that the western countries aren't like promoting every part of the Pokemon fandom. Only the anime, games and a few Pokemon toys. Outside of Japan there are only a few people who are interested and know about the manga that they sell in some bookshops. The only Pokemon manga I can get are DPA and Special. I've read both and in my opinion Special has a better plot.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    he resets everything to the status quo at the end, making the entire journey pointless
    He basically has to due to remakes. He can't kill off an actual game character if they end up returning years later. One could argue that he could make more original characters to kill up for more resolution.

    Also, a lot of his story telling gets messed up by the magazines cancellations and what not. His stories are at his mercy basically... case in point - Emerald, Platinum, HGSS... I'm pretty sure he had a much more thought out plot for each of those, but got screwed when all those magazines stopped running.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    He basically has to due to remakes. He can't kill off an actual game character if they end up returning years later. One could argue that he could make more original characters to kill up for more resolution.
    But with remakes he makes up his own plot. Just saying he could work around it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    He'd probably still want to showcase important characters. Like with Pryce in HGSS. Remake arcs usually are unique stuff but then again we've only had like two of them. Sister arcs can sometimes be unique as well. I agree with redchesus that he can't kill off actual game characters for good. They might be important later on, unless Kusaka did a story that was 100% different then the actual games, and even with those kinds of stories he's added game elements in them.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    So why not have them be greatly injured rather than killed?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    He basically has to due to remakes. He can't kill off an actual game character if they end up returning years later. One could argue that he could make more original characters to kill up for more resolution.

    Also, a lot of his story telling gets messed up by the magazines cancellations and what not. His stories are at his mercy basically... case in point - Emerald, Platinum, HGSS... I'm pretty sure he had a much more thought out plot for each of those, but got screwed when all those magazines stopped running.
    The need for "remaking games" is something I hate about the game industry. While I liked the FireRed and LeafGreen games because they added new areas to explore with some new concepts, but I hated the HeartGold and SoulSilver games because there were no new ideas in it. Sure, they changed the plot in the HGSS games a little, but it didn't change anything really.

    I just hate remakes because I think they're stupid. Nintendo has been doing it for the last five years with all of their popular franchises and it is getting tiring. How is it that remaking old games has become so popular? Is it because no one can come up with any new ideas, because the consumers are stupid and easily pleased, or because the video game industry has no regard for historical preservation?

    I understand that everyone loves their consoles and all, but once a console cycle has been over for a significant amount of time the games that it supported are lost to time (or way too expensive to buy from second hand sources). I have never played Final Fantasy VI. Do you want to know why? It is because I never heard how good it is until recently and purchasing a copy for the Gameboy Advance is way too expensive because the cycle for the Gameboy Advance is over.

    That is why PC is better. I can play old PC games on my current computer, but I can't play games from older consoles on newer consoles. I understand the differences in coding and hardware and all, but that isn't a reason to not release the game on the PC so it can be preserved for future generations. How can people take the argument "games are an art form" seriously if we don't preserve some of these good games? And I mean doing it without remaking them.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    The need for "remaking games" is something I hate about the game industry. While I liked the FireRed and LeafGreen games because they added new areas to explore with some new concepts, but I hated the HeartGold and SoulSilver games because there were no new ideas in it. Sure, they changed the plot in the HGSS games a little, but it didn't change anything really.

    I just hate remakes because I think they're stupid. Nintendo has been doing it for the last five years with all of their popular franchises and it is getting tiring. How is it that remaking old games has become so popular? Is it because no one can come up with any new ideas, because the consumers are stupid and easily pleased, or because the video game industry has no regard for historical preservation?

    I understand that everyone loves their consoles and all, but once a console cycle has been over for a significant amount of time the games that it supported are lost to time (or way too expensive to buy from second hand sources). I have never played Final Fantasy VI. Do you want to know why? It is because I never heard how good it is until recently and purchasing a copy for the Gameboy Advance is way too expensive because the cycle for the Gameboy Advance is over.

    That is why PC is better. I can play old PC games on my current computer, but I can't play games from older consoles on newer consoles. I understand the differences in coding and hardware and all, but that isn't a reason to not release the game on the PC so it can be preserved for future generations. How can people take the argument "games are an art form" seriously if we don't preserve some of these good games? And I mean doing it without remaking them.
    ...Um, there were several new elements to HGSS like the new Safari Zone, the ability to upgrade the teams of the gym leaders and Elite Four and the new legendary Pokemon locations. Also, remakes are helpful in that not only do they allow the older games that are not compatible with the recent games more modern but they also make collecting all current Pokemon easier. Actually, it was impossible to collect all Pokemon in Generation III without the remade games and in Generation IV you couldn't get the Johto starters and legendaries without the remakes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    ...Um, there were several new elements to HGSS like the new Safari Zone, the ability to upgrade the teams of the gym leaders and Elite Four and the new legendary Pokemon locations. Also, remakes are helpful in that not only do they allow the older games that are not compatible with the recent games more modern but they also make collecting all current Pokemon easier. Actually, it was impossible to collect all Pokemon in Generation III without the remade games and in Generation IV you couldn't get the Johto starters and legendaries without the remakes.
    And they add Pokéathlon Dome.

    Glad they did not remake RS in the near time, SP breathed a sigh of relief.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    The reason Pokemon Special seems to be overrated is because not every person knows about all the Pokemon manga that are out there and the ones who are just into manga mostly only know Pokemon Special. It took me some time before I discovered about the other Pokemon manga that there were. I only knew about Pokemon Special and Ginji's rescue team.
    That's true. Everone should try Pokémon mangas like Phantom Thief Pokémon 7, Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Pokémon Battle Frontier and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team.


    Then there are some people who think that Pokémon Special is all about violence and even there's even someone who says that he loves the anime and hates PokéSpe because Pokémon manga "attracts all kind of bad people".

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    The only problem I have with the manga is that we fall in love with the characters just to not have them appear anymore until we have remake or side arc like Emerald, it gets a little sad because we never see how it all comes together. I hope in the future they become aware of the fan base and are able to write in more inclusions.

    I don't think they need to completely take away the focus of the obvious main characters of that certain area, but I think the Emerald plot was a great way to show how each of them have grown. I think if they use each third game as a way to weave everything in, it wouldn't be so bad.

    But besides that I adore the manga.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    The Anime is definitely the reason why PokeSpe is praised a lot (imperfect as it may be). Fans of this Manga are likely disgruntled with the Anime and for good reason:

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel regarding the recently announced Decolara Arc View Post
    That's probably my biggest problem with the Pokemon anime is the fact that it simply REFUSES to change, 15+ years and it's simply recycling the same plot-lines over and over, and it's not even trying to do anything new. The games have changed and evolved so much over the course of 5 generations, and the anime is still where it was in it's early seasons. We're almost at Gen 6, and hearing about this new filler arc is just sad.

    The main job of a series is to keep viewers interested while also trying to attract new audiences, but when you just do the exact same things over and over, people are driven away from a series, and it begins to lose ratings. The Pokemon anime is essentially trapped in an endless loop, and it's doing nothing to get out of it.
    With PokeSpe, it's rarely the same and with its many twists and surprises, it keeps readers hooked.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    The Anime is definitely the reason why PokeSpe is praised a lot (imperfect as it may be). Fans of this Manga are likely disgruntled with the Anime and for good reason:



    With PokeSpe, it's rarely the same and with its many twists and surprises, it keeps readers hooked.
    To be honest, that's kinda sad if half the reason PokeSpecial is praised is because of the anime's...well it's issues. I admit I like Adventures way more then the anime, but I have liked them both at the same time once upon a time. Never equally, true, but there was a time when I liked them both. I mean Pokemon Adventures has it's fair share of problems as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    To be honest, that's kinda sad if half the reason PokeSpecial is praised is because of the anime's...well it's issues. I admit I like Adventures way more then the anime, but I have liked them both at the same time once upon a time. Never equally, true, but there was a time when I liked them both. I mean Pokemon Adventures has it's fair share of problems as well.
    I'm in the same both. I also used to like both, but after a while well I guess the rest is obvious already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •