Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't Gible get brought back instead of Charizard?

Default Why didn't Gible get brought back instead of Charizard?

If the writers wanted a dragon pokemon to rival Dragonite, why didn't Ash bring back Gible instead? It could have evolved into Garchomp and given Ash his first fully evolved dragon pokemon.

Charizard could have still come back for the Plasma conclusion, but I think Gible should have come to Ash's team.

I sometimes question Gible's capture. Like, if the writers wanted Ash to capture a dragon type, why not save it for something like Druddigon this saga? Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would take away that lead spot that Charizard has. I understand that the writers cater to the child fan base that Pokemon has today, but you can't tell me that every now and again, they don't sneak something in for the older fans. (Charizard, Brock flashbacks from Dawn, etc) So I think that they want Charizard to stay as Ash's potentially strongest Pokemon for those reasons. It's easier to bring him back and make it exciting, whereas a Garchomp is much less memorable.

I think gible is meant to be just another one of those cute/small, yet somewhat strong pokemon for ash that was never meant to evolve. Plus cynthia already has garchomp out plenty of screentime.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Are you serious?

Why in the world do you think that Psyduck-personality having Gible would evolve so quickly and would be able to rival Dragonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Are you serious?

Why in the world do you think that Psyduck-personality having Gible would evolve so quickly and would be able to rival Dragonite?
    Look at how Manoswine and Charizard rushed through their middle forms in like 2 episodes.

I think they picked Charizard mostly because-

A. He's popular
    B. He hasn't been seen in quite sometime

Gible can come back next saga or something.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

They didn't bring Zard cause they needed something to rival Dragonite, they coulda done that with Krookodile. They brough back Zard for dem VIEWS and rivaling with Dragonite kinda just made sense to happen between those two Pokemon characters.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

A garchomp could be a potential rival to charizard as ashs strongest pokemon and gible has no reason to come back and just evolve into garchomp in just 2 episodes.

For one Charizard is insanely popular and two, in my opinion, he had the more interesting personality and development of the bunch. Of course, feel free to refute.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Look at how Manoswine and Charizard rushed through their middle forms in like 2 episodes.
    There was a reason for that.

Charizard was popular at the time thus the writer speed up the process a bit, plus it would fit into Charmeleon refusing to listen to Ash. As for Manoswine well we pretty much knew that the moment that Dawn caught Swinub it was going to evolved regardless.

Gible fits none of those reasoning.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Gible was Ash's first dragon type and has a reason to meet Iris. Charizard is nothing more than pandering to Kanto fans who stopped watching the show a decade ago when Ash let it go in early Johto.

Gible was Ash's first dragon type and has a reason to meet Iris. Charizard is nothing more than pandering to Kanto fans who stopped watching the show a decade ago when Ash let it go in early Johto.
    This show is pandering to nothing since it's written for children, they could care less about Kanto fans. Charizard came back because the dang thing produces immense amounts of merchandise and nothing else. Charizard is a Dragon also which BW has a higher focus on.

Because they didn't bring Charizard back to be a Dragonite rival, they brought him back for Team Plasma climax. -.-
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Charmeleon, and to a lesser extent Piloswine, had severe anger management problems. Gible on the other hand, was only crazy, itd never evolve from Gabite through anger.

Considering that Dragonite had no issues against Cynthia's Garchomp I don't see why Ash's Gible, had it evolved, would make such a big difference.

Wait is Charzard staying for the rest of BW or just until the Plasma arc is done. Since i keep hearing people say it will be done in a few more eps but the movie airs in July and he is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    Wait is Charzard staying for the rest of BW or just until the Plasma arc is done. Since i keep hearing people say it will be done in a few more eps but the movie airs in July and he is in it.
    He's staying at least until July. I believe he will stay with Ash when he goes back to Kanto after the end of BW, but be left behind when Ash leaves Kanto for the XY saga.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    He's staying at least until July. I believe he will stay with Ash when he goes back to Kanto after the end of BW, but be left behind when Ash leas Kanto.
    So it will be like Phanpy with the BF arc?

No one cared about Gible.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I think they brought Charizard back instead of Gible just to p*ss you off, Cyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I think they brought Charizard back instead of Gible just to p*ss you off, Cyber.
    The DP arc is now buried between all the other arcs so most of its characters are being forgotten, but not Ash's pokemon. Paul and Barry got no references in BW and Dawn didn't mention any of her rivals. We know the DP cast didn't make as much impact on the series as we would have hoped, but the show has moved on.

To answer the title:

Because Cynthia's Garchomp is enough.

But seriously, if Ash were to have a Garchomp, it'd mean he really has come a long way.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Why didn't CyberCubed make a thread about Misty being in a flashback yet?

Life just has so many unanswered questions, huh.

1. Cyber wishes the anime would do something
    2. Acts like its either going to happen or should have happened
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

Because Gible isn't a marketing trap like Charizard is. Not even close. I never understood what was so great about Gible? It was one of the most forgettable Pokemon in DP for me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast