Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why didn't Gible get brought back instead of Charizard?

Because that wasn't even the reason they brought back Charizard.

Seriously Cyber? You'd like to see a little dragon get pwned by an anger-management issues dragon instead of a good fair fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    I sometimes question Gible's capture. Like, if the writers wanted Ash to capture a dragon type, why not save it for something like Druddigon this saga? Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would take away that lead spot that Charizard has. I understand that the writers cater to the child fan base that Pokemon has today, but you can't tell me that every now and again, they don't sneak something in for the older fans. (Charizard, Brock flashbacks from Dawn, etc) So I think that they want Charizard to stay as Ash's potentially strongest Pokemon for those reasons. It's easier to bring him back and make it exciting, whereas a Garchomp is much less memorable.
    Because Druddigon is too common. If he were to get a Unova Dragon Type, it would be Deino.

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    Because that wasn't even the reason they brought back Charizard.
    You're right. Charizard's not a marketing trap. My bad. He's a ratings trap.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Because Druddigon is too common. If he were to get a Unova Dragon Type, it would be Deino.
    Well of course Druddigon is too common in the anime now. That's with Ash not capturing it. If he had captured it, maybe we only would have seen one or two more of the species.

Because it didn't.

There's really no reason to make a thread about this. This is the writer's show, they decide what happens, and they decided to bring back Charizard(It really shouldn't be that hard to see why). What you think "should" have happened is irrelevant.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12