Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Pokemon that deserve more respect in the anime

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    531

    Default Pokemon that deserve more respect in the anime

    Which Pokemon do you think deserve more respect in the anime? In my opinion, countless Hoenn Pokemon such as Tropius and Mawile do. What do you think? Also, if there is already a similar thread, please take this down ASAP.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Yea, I can think of a ton of hoenn pokemon that Got not a ton screentime overall like the aron line.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CT60 rebirth
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Most of the pokemon that are on the main cast right now deserve more respect in the anime~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    90

    Default

    How about porygon or porygon 2 it didnt even get an appearance just because its bad luck

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CT60 rebirth
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    How about porygon or porygon 2 it didnt even get an appearance just because its bad luck
    And what about that Porygon-Z?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Huntail, Gorbyss, Castform, and Cradily are some that I often forget exist

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Not really "respect" per se, but Raichu, Ursaring, and Beedrill deserve better. It would be nice to see ONE of these Pokemon break the norm (we had that old lady's Raichu from that one DP filler, but that was boring)

    As for underseen Pokemon, Furret.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Not really "respect" per se, but Raichu, Ursaring, and Beedrill deserve better. It would be nice to see ONE of these Pokemon break the norm (we had that old lady's Raichu from that one DP filler, but that was boring)

    As for underseen Pokemon, Furret.
    Ursaring? it just got a great showeing with Shinji, Raichu gets some attention always but Pikachu will always take it from him unfortunatly, basicly the main character pokemon refuses to evolve to it.

    ------

    So pokemon that don't appear much? I would like to see Flaffy doing something, Porygon line, Ghastly line, Johto starters final forms, Kanto starters middle forms.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Ash's entire neglected Sinnoh team once Chimchar came into the picture.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Hoenn/Sinnoh team's...

  11. #11

    Default

    Palpitoad. Need I say more?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Many Pokemon but the one that comes to mind is Empoleon for me. Simply because it's my fave Pokemon and the writers made it a joke in the anime.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Ursaring? it just got a great showeing with Shinji, Raichu gets some attention always but Pikachu will always take it from him unfortunatly, basicly the main character pokemon refuses to evolve to it.

    ------

    So pokemon that don't appear much? I would like to see Flaffy doing something, Porygon line, Ghastly line, Johto starters final forms, Kanto starters middle forms.
    Oh, right, forgot all about Paul's. What I meant is that Raichu is always portrayed in a negative light.

    Togetic and Typhlosion could be added to my list of underseen Pokemon. Meganium and Feraligatr at least did something, but Typhlosion didn't appear until a random Advanced episode, and it wasn't all that special.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Oh, right, forgot all about Paul's. What I meant is that Raichu is always portrayed in a negative light.

    Togetic and Typhlosion could be added to my list of underseen Pokemon. Meganium and Feraligatr at least did something, but Typhlosion didn't appear until a random Advanced episode, and it wasn't all that special.
    You forgot Volkner's Raichu. He was shown in a positive light, and so did a couple of other Raichus. I think Oshawott needs more respect....I mean even the writers don't take him seriously

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Serbia,Belgrade
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Oh a lot of pokemon.
    Here's a few:
    -I second Mawile as it only got one episode where it didn't do much
    -Heatran because it was in the Arceus movie but didn't get much attention and it's anime appearance was a joke
    -Latias It was kinda important in the 5th movie but after that it didn't get an anime appearance unless you count that ss episode. Latios at least got a good battle in the Sinnoh league.
    -Celebi it self. It does have a few appearances in the movies and anime but every time it appears it is shown to be weak in need of protection whereas in the games it is a strong enough pokemon.
    -Pinsir which is a beast in games but in the anime I haven't seen 1 pinsir winning battles or doing anything to important.
    -The whole Porygon line for obvious reasons
    -Jynx for lack of appearances and not many battles either (not to even mention the colour thing)
    -Shedinja with one notable anime appearance where it lost a battle.
    -Rotom one episode where it didn't battle.
    -Numel with few episodes where it did nothing.

    There are some gen V pokemon than haven't appeared yet so I didn't put any gen V pokemon here.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Mienshao. Can it please win a battle for once instead of being used to show off how strong other Pokemon are?

    Yes, I'm biased.
    Current Y Team:


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    Mienshao. Can it please win a battle for once instead of being used to show off how strong other Pokemon are?
    Do you think we'll get to see Marshal's at all before the Unova travels end? I'd bet his is pretty tough considering E4 pokes always shine in that light. Mienshao is among my favorites of Unova Pokemon, too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta8639 View Post
    -Shedinja with one notable anime appearance where it lost a battle.
    I always had an interest in Shedinja during Gen III and wanted to see it utilized well.

    I'm also in the same boat as everyone who wants to see the Porygon get attention.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    41,041

    Default

    Ash's Oshawott to be honest. He gets dragged through filth simply for existing, which is unfair. Why can't everyone see how glorious he really is?

    Oh, and Porygon's family, plus several Hoenn Pokemon like Volbeat and Wailmer and Castform.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yea, I can think of a ton of hoenn pokemon that Got not a ton screentime overall like the aron line.
    Wait for it.. Stantler.. That or Qwilfish. Recent rise in popularity *coughHughcough* might give it a showcase though..

    Aron-line undershowcased? What? We saw Steven, we saw it in the Hoenn league, we saw Conway and Paul own Lairon and Aggron, and we saw one in Trials and Adulations.. There've been more appearances, but it's definitely not undershown..

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Not really "respect" per se, but Raichu, Ursaring, and Beedrill deserve better. It would be nice to see ONE of these Pokemon break the norm (we had that old lady's Raichu from that one DP filler, but that was boring)

    As for underseen Pokemon, Furret.
    We had that Raichu that Ash used in DP summerschool. We had that Raichu that Ash fought in DP, but I'd guess that would be the norm to you. Ash caught a Beedrill, how much recognition does it need? Ursaring appeared every few episodes in Johto, or that may have been the reruns speaking volumes about Dutch broadcasting.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Ursaring? it just got a great showeing with Shinji, Raichu gets some attention always but Pikachu will always take it from him unfortunatly, basicly the main character pokemon refuses to evolve to it.

    So pokemon that don't appear much? I would like to see Flaaffy doing something, Porygon line, Ghastly line, Johto starters final forms, Kanto starters middle forms.
    And that's the damn truth. It appeared like once, while Mareep and Ampharos got spammed?

    Ghastly-line appeared very frequent in the earlier series.. Haunted Tower, Maiden Peak, Drake had a Gengar, Morty and subsequent 'Tower' episodes, Agatha, Fantina, countless 'spooky' fillers..

    About the Johto starters.. Yeah.. Meganium got the lucky, lucky end of that stick for sure.. Kanto middle forms, eventhough I love them and would like to see them more got adequate moments, even a filler about them back in Hoenn during the FR/LG-promotional weeks.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriiis View Post
    Do you think we'll get to see Marshal's at all before the Unova travels end?
    You read my mind there, because that's one thing that's been in the back of my head. If Marshal does make an appearance, then that's an excellent opportunity to make up for how Mienshso has been treated. The obvious question is though, will it happen? I'm not getting my hopes up too much for that exact scenario, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it took place.
    Current Y Team:


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    You read my mind there, because that's one thing that's been in the back of my head. If Marshal does make an appearance, then that's an excellent opportunity to make up for how Mienshso has been treated. The obvious question is though, will it happen? I'm not getting my hopes up too much for that exact scenario, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it took place.
    Well we got to see all of Sinnoh's E4 in action, so there's hope! We just can't be sure what we'll see him using, even if he does show up; Likely Conkeldurr...We did get to see Bertha use three Pokemon though, so hey, anything's still possible!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Posts
    157

    Default

    the porygon line, nuff said

    Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Alakazam, with an IQ that exceeds 5,000, the only times i've seen it it was poorly used in battles, while it could be so much more

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I don't think we've seen Feraligatr in a proper battle (obviously not counting the the Sumo match).
    1st X run:

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    500

    Default

    aloasa summed it up. Porygon is one of my favourite Pokemon, always wanted a main character to have one. They even made 3 evolutions for it for christ sake! Its about time it started appearing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •