View Poll Results: Which saga had the least enjoyable fillers? (Johto excluded)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

1 1.85%
  • Orange Islands

2 3.70%
  • Advanced/Battle Frontier

15 27.78%
  • Diamond & Pearl

21 38.89%
  • Best Wishes!

15 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which saga had the least enjoyable fillers? (Johto excluded)

Post Which saga had the least enjoyable fillers to you? (Johto excluded)

I excluded Johto because I know many would choose that, so I thought it'd be interesting to see which ones people will vote for without Johto in sight. :P
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 10th March 2013 at 8:27 PM.

then the next one would obviously be sinnoh, just cause theres so much to choose from ._.; >3>

Personally, I liked sinnoh's fillers better then others because I liked the characters and their Pokemon the best then. I have a deathly feeling that that same mindset is not what others feel, but to each their own. lol.

Eh, Probably Hoenn for me (Cause Black and white's fillers are pretty fun.). But the problem is that I still liked them all and I don't really want to put them in any order. :/
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Hoenn/battle fontier

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Hoenn/battle fontier
    I agree 100%, Hoenn/Battle Frontier had some of the worst episodes in general (and the fillers are no exception)

I'll admit Hoenn didn't have good fillers, but Johto still beats it because there were far too many in a row each time, most with stupid plots.

Sadly the "Help Character of the Day" format became stuck with it during the Kanto episodes (but those were handled much better) and Pokemon did not get a chance to try something different until they started taking more liberties starting with the Diamond & Pearl Saga.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This is ****ing laughable , the series with less fillers that at the start people were like, man even the filler are cool in BW(then flip flop opinions) is leading cool.

I'm going to say DP or AG, TR beingt he plot made them awful plus DP had a gigantic amount of fillers which made it harder to watch through, my vote was DP, but its between DP and AG, Johto had the same problem as DP a lot of fillers which made it more annoyign to watch sometimes but as a kid(or younger rather wasn't really below 10) I really didn't give a crap.

DP. There is no other option. It really didn't help that there were SO many of them.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Woops sorry, I thought you said which series had the best fillers. Err um in this case I'd say Best Wishes, with comical Team Rocket out of the picture I didn't really laugh at all, ontop of they were the same old storys "Help a Pokemon" Didn't help that Iris took a lot of the spotlight later on =/
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 8th March 2013 at 7:23 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

And whyyyy did you exclude Johto xD

I'm going with BW. Most of the fillers don't stand out to be and are rather boring. Though I enjoy the Gothita one.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    And whyyyy did you exclude Johto xD

I'm going with BW. Most of the fillers don't stand out to be and are rather boring. Though I enjoy the Gothita one.
    I excluded Johto because I knew most would vote for it, I thought it'd be interesting to see what people vote for if Johto wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I excluded Johto because I knew most would vote for it, I thought it'd be interesting to see what people vote for if Johto wasn't there.
    I know I know *nudge nudge*

You didn't vote, which one did you vote for?

Personally I find that DP had some really good fillers. Of course, that belongs to the Unpopular opinion thread :P

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Oh, I voted for Hoenn/Battle Frontier, as (sort of) started before.

I think people's problems with Johto is more to the fact that there were a lot of fillers. I would argue that most people enjoyed a lot of the Johto fillers; it's just that there were so many that it got tiresome after a while. I would Hoenn had the least enjoyable fillers.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I think people's problems with Johto is more to the fact that there were a lot of fillers. I would argue that most people enjoyed a lot of the Johto fillers; it's just that there were so many that it got tiresome after a while.

No, its still that a lot of them weren't very good, especially the ones in the middle during, "Johto league Champions."

Even when I was a kid I hated sitting through all those boring episodes waiting for something remotely interesting to happen.

It's nice to know despite all the flack DP gets on a regular basis for being filler heavy people actually recognize other regions besides it and johto had terrible fillers.

It's nice to know despite all the flack DP gets on a regular basis for being filler heavy people actually recognize other regions besides it and johto had terrible fillers.
    I think its because people know DP was 191 episodes, but forget most of its episodes aren't filler.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think its because people know DP was 191 episodes, but forget most of its episodes aren't filler.
    Many of them would be if they didn't slap in training segments at the last minute.

johto had terrible fillers.
    Hoenn & Sinnoh also had terrible fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Hoenn & Sinnoh also had terrible fillers.
    Just because misty is there does not save an episode from being terrible.

I don't think she (or anyone else, for that matter) said that Misty automatically makes an episode good, nor that not having her automatically makes an episode bad.

Of course, certain episodes would still suck, even with Misty.

BW, followed by AG. BW's fillers are as bad as Johto's imo, and AG's fillers were messes in general.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I don't think she (or anyone else, for that matter) said that Misty automatically makes an episode good, nor that not having her automatically makes an episode bad.

Of course, certain episodes would still suck, even with Misty.
    What does she have to do with anything? The plot of the actual filler has nothing to do with the human characters involved. Usually in most fillers Ash is the only character who does anything anyway.

Personally i never thought Johto was worst saga, so even if it was on poll my vote would either go to AG or DP.

If anything because while JOhto may had many fillers, many of them were usually highly entertaining episodes containing aspect of adventure and friendship promoted in Kanto with interactions between Ash, Misty and Brock being full of life.

That said while i liked plot episodes from Hoenn and Sinnoh, most of their fillers usually lacked comedy , vibrant dynamic between characters and all those funny, unexpected tantrums which would make you stay interested wanting to watch it until very end. Whether its episodes like "Caterpie Big Dilemma" , "Training Wrecks", "Pearls are Spoink Best Friend", "Steamboat Willies", "Leading a Stray" dealing with stuck Wailmer etc.

Officially some of worst episodes i have ever seen in my honest opinion dealing with same plots we get chance to see numerous times, lacked tension, humor and level pf unpredictability required to make something amusing.

Arguably il admit how in Hoenn fillers at least group dynamics ad May funny quirks liking to eat, go to shopping etc or Brock interactions with her or Max saved several episodes from turning into irredeemable disaster.

While on other hand in many DP ones lack of chemistry between Dawn and Brock took away from group interactions on good part, making tone of episodes often one note and uninteresting.
    Although interacting between Ash and Dawn was good.

Needless to say i was never fan of all those extra training episodes too, instead of using extra focus for development of more neglected characters. But i guess learning of new attacks of perfection of techniques turn them in last sec into non fillers.

No, its still that a lot of them weren't very good, especially the ones in the middle during, "Johto league Champions.
    Ok they were boring to you, doesn't mean they will be boring to everyone else. Remember each person has different tastes and criteria to go by when judging if episode will or wont satisfy their expectations.

Just because misty is there does not save an episode from being terrible.
    No one said that. However i can say without doubt how many of otherwise mediocre episodes in Johto were saved thanks to characters like Brock, Misty or TR which thanks to their personalities, various antics and humor they brought made many of them truly enjoyable.

Whether its "Tunnel Vision"being fun to watch tension between Misty who bragged over water types clearing path from Onix and Jessie jealousy bursting out from her for not having cute pokemon too . "Sick Daze"where Ash stupidity taking care of Brock pokemon in wrong manner or Misty annoyance over his mistakes and crazy antics such as trying to cook, Brock fantasizing about girls delirium at end saving their friends butt only enriched content of episode with more comedy and fun dynamics.

"Will Real prof. Oak stand Out" where we had chance to see James masking himself as professor trying to beat him at pokemon quiz being interesting to see other side of him and knowledge applied about pokemon, haiku etc, etc.

Character quirks and appeal can count as well, when determining if episode will be good or not.

What does she have to do with anything? The plot of the actual filler has nothing to do with the human characters involved. Usually in most fillers Ash is the only character who does anything anyway.
    It often has because interactions and dynamic humans produce in episodes, or thir involvement playing subrole in plot of episode can make episodes more enjoyable and engaging to follow.

Speaking of fillers, many of them and resolution of mini stories came out as nus product from actions made by his companions or through their help as well.

Ash isn't always the "one" which saves the day.

p.s. Its sad how topic about fillers excluding Johto turned again into "Johto discussion".

It was a response to Pokemon˛'s post.

Hoenn/Battle Frontier had the least enjoyable fillers to me. But it's probably because I didn't watch those series as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast