Thread: My Thought Out Team

Default My Thought Out Team

Alright, so I actually haven't started playing Platinum again, but i'm trying to think out a good team before I start. I do not have movesets or natures planned out yet but this is my 1st draft for a team (Bad, so far):

Frosslass
    Gardevoir
    Weaville
    Empoleon
    Houndoom
    (None Selected, Yet)

This is an insanely pathetic team, i know. Any help at all is appreciated!

Hmm. Most of your team is weak against fighting. You also have two dark pokemon with little back up on those ends.

Get rid of Frosslass, its only reasonable if you want a bit of a higher physical defense stat. All other stats though Weavile pwns Frosslass, and why have two of the same type on the same team when one is better? Also get rid of Houndoom replace it with a Magmar. Overall Magmar has better Physical Attack and Physical Defense along with nice Special Defense which is better than Houndoom's Special Defense. Unless you want better Speed and HP than I'd definitely grab a Magmar. Next is your Empoleon and Weavile problem. Both take HUGE and I mean HUGE fighting disadvantages. Unless your set on Empoleon I would say grab a Chimchar. Also you will need a flying type so you should get Staraptor as well.

Your two Special and Physical Sweepers should look like this.

Gardevoir@Leftovers

-Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Fire Punch (Kills Bugs)
    -Rest

Weavile@Choice Band
    -Swords Dance
    -Brick Break
    -Ice Punch
    -Pursuit

(Your starter will be up to you I mean its your choice but it looks like this team revolves around a Infernape..)

Just a few Ideas.

I'm loving the changes, sounds very good! But if i do get a Magmar, will i still need the Infernape? I mean, I'm just not a big fan of it.

Me neither I hate Infernape, and no magmar if you get the infernape. If you get the Magmar just have the Empoleon too.

Alright, the team is starting to look somwhat nice, thank you!

OnceDone, please ignore his advice, as he still has quite a bit to learn about Pokemon.

@Jaws That Gardevoir sucks, and by that I mean sucks hard. Use Calm Mind l Psychic l Focus Blast l Shadow Ball instead, it's much better for ingame, since Fire Punch is Physical.

That Weavile needs Night Slash instead of Pursuit, otherwise Jaws' set is decent.

Keep Froslass to help with your Fighting weakness, as it's part Ghost.

Magmortar is better than Magmar by far, so use that instead.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Ignore Guy above lol he obviously doesnt know much about forming a balanced team. You keep the Frosslas your team is going to be violated from Fighting Types, your choice.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 16th February 2013 at 11:57 PM.

Read the rules, at least look at the Pokedex for moves....

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    You keep the Frosslas your team is going to be violated from Fighting Types, your choice.
    Froslass is part Ghost

Ghost is IMMUNE to Fight

Froslass is actually his BEST counter against Fighting Types

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post

Gardevoir@Leftovers

-Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Fire Punch (Kills Bugs)
    -Rest
    no

physical move on Gardevoir is just no

doesn't matter if Fire Punch inflict SE damage on Bugs, Gardy has only 65 base Attack compared to its 125 base SAtk, Shadow Ball will do much more damage even if it's not SE

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

JAWS, that's getting sigged.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Pfft Ok loser. Have fun with that.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 17th February 2013 at 8:27 PM.

There is a point where you have to listen to people like Shine, and I think that time has come.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Yeah, JAWS still has some stuff to learn. For your final Pokemon, might I suggest Crobat. It fulfills the role of the flyer your team requires and it has a great 4x resistance to fighting. It is also probably the fastest Pokemon you can get in-game.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

True I'll stop being stubborn and learn. The sig though... -_-