Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 129

Thread: Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

    I have noticed that recently the Pokémon anime has been returning some of Ash's Pokémon like Charizard and possibly Butterfree. So I was wondering if they are trying to return all of Ash's old Pokémon (e.g.Pidgeot, Lapras and Gliscor) and wondered what everybody else thought.
    Last edited by Samcadi; 21st May 2013 at 5:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,938

    Default

    This generation is almost over and we know a lot of the remaining episodes. Doesn't look like anything will be coming back.

    I find it bizarre this is the first saga where Ash's older Pokemon don't get to come back and do anything though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Well I feel as if the writers are making up for a lack of screentime for some of ashs reserves like showing muk in the video calls twice.
    Although charizard/butterfree seem like a desperate attempt to intrigue the viewers by appealing to the past
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Ash needs to grab his Pidgeot in the last episode and let it play with his other 4 regional birds. I'm sure Pidgeot is happy where he is and the anime is under no obligations to go back to him, but I always thought it was unfortunate that he's going to forever be that one bird who isn't Oak'd and he's only one mile out of town.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    I would love it if Pidgeot and Primeape return. Maybe next gen Squirtle will leave his squad and get oak'd

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I would love it if Pidgeot and Primeape return. Maybe next gen Squirtle will leave his squad and get oak'd
    Or hopefully he brings a full team of reserves like muk, kingler and Glaile, and doesn't get reset this upcoming region, but loses to the first gym in a 6-6, showing an exciting battle off the bat and still not having the pika at god-strength.

    But anyways yeah primape should return
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I would love it if Pidgeot and Primeape return. Maybe next gen Squirtle will leave his squad and get oak'd
    yeah that would be good. they seem to be bringing in lots of his older pokemon. i think they are trying to appeal to people who have watched it since os and it is working...at least for me.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    I would love primape to return. He left under the guise of training for a tournament most people forgot about. He good train with infernape and scraggy.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I would love primape to return. He left under the guise of training for a tournament most people forgot about. He good train with infernape and scraggy.
    Primape's Serebii Net Pokedex "Anime Appearances" says the Primape will make an appearance in "Burn, Charizard! VS Dragonite!"



    I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    Primape's Serebii Net Pokedex "Anime Appearances" says the Primape will make an appearance in "Burn, Charizard! VS Dragonite!"
    That sound cool.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    That sound cool.
    Was that sarcasm? The episode aired long back, and Primeape's purpose in it was getting flamethrower-ed. But yeah, it atleast had an appearance.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Yeah lol, that episode was in mid episode N.... And primape was there for a brief flashback... But the fact they acknowledged it gives hope of its return
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  13. #13

    Default

    I don't think this means a thing, I think this is just more fan service and ways to get the ratings back up, they've finally noticed how bad ratings have gotten and is trying to do any thing to help this event, thats my opinion though.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  14. #14

    Default

    Some of them are returning perhaps, but I note to myself that there's still a lot more episodes coming which may show off Ash's other old Pokémon.

    It's good to see some of them back, but I'm not so thrilled about it.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Be it desperate or what ever a lot of people are really excited about the returns of Charizard and Butterfree(assuming he does, if only for that episode) and I like seeing people happy. Buuut of course you bunch go and take as negative as possible approach to even that. (excuse me for the generalization)
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Be it desperate or what ever a lot of people are really excited about the returns of Charizard and Butterfree(assuming he does, if only for that episode) and I like seeing people happy. Buuut of course you bunch go and take as negative as possible approach to even that. (excuse me for the generalization)
    No, don't worry about generalizing things if you are frustrated. No matter what the great news is, we'll see the utmost negative posts and no single person is to be blamed for this. Maybe that's how Internet works.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I'll admit its court my interest as a viewer since the original run, but I've been pretty disappointed with Charizard's return thus far. Something about Ash's current team is really annoying me, just seems so incomplete...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    I'll admit its court my interest as a viewer since the original run, but I've been pretty disappointed with Charizard's return thus far. Something about Ash's current team is really annoying me, just seems so incomplete...
    It's mainly the shift from the show focusing on battles to focusing on adventure and stuff like that. In AG and DP the focus was always on the main goal, being the best that no one ever was(lol), and as such the teams also got better showcasing. In pretty much every other series they get more or less incompleted. Here's hoping for XY anime to be battles battles battles and a little more BATTLES.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    It's mainly the shift from the show focusing on battles to focusing on adventure and stuff like that. In AG and DP the focus was always on the main goal, being the best that no one ever was(lol), and as such the teams also got better showcasing. In pretty much every other series they get more or less incompleted. Here's hoping for XY anime to be battles battles battles and a little more BATTLES.
    Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.
    Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?
    The main goal in the games is to beat the Gyms and later the Elite 4. So Pokémon is mostly about battling, but the adventure side has its importance.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Was that sarcasm? The episode aired long back, and Primeape's purpose in it was getting flamethrower-ed. But yeah, it atleast had an appearance.
    No that wasn't sarcasm just bad grammar.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.
    Oh lets hope, writers must be noticing things by now. I'll take Trip as an example here, it was almost like they knew the fandom wasn't happy with his character so they tried to get rid of him as soon as possible every turn they could take. Remember when this was supposed to be all new Pokemon? No Kanto? No Johto? Than, hey look at that suddenly we have two arcs filled with them along with some fan favorites coming back?? So yah, maybe they'll fix the mistakes they did in BW next series. I'd like to think they will either take a break from giving Ash a rival like AG and hopefully have a fresh mind for the next rival next series or at least only give one rival and let it be about that one rival, I think we've learned by now too many rivals can be a bad thing.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Oh lets hope, writers must be noticing things by now. I'll take Trip as an example here, it was almost like they knew the fandom wasn't happy with his character so they tried to get rid of him as soon as possible every turn they could take. Remember when this was supposed to be all new Pokemon? No Kanto? No Johto? Than, hey look at that suddenly we have two arcs filled with them along with some fan favorites coming back?? So yah, maybe they'll fix the mistakes they did in BW next series. I'd like to think they will either take a break from giving Ash a rival like AG and hopefully have a fresh mind for the next rival next series or at least only give one rival and let it be about that one rival, I think we've learned by now too many rivals can be a bad thing.
    There's nothing wrong with having a rival or two. In fact they should have just focused on Trip and Bianca instead for giving him a ton of rivals and introduce some of them late with barley no development. If he has a rival again, his main should be a girl and a boy. Anything more than that would be overkill.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I do like the idea of Ash's Pokemon returning back, but nothing more. It is just great to see that the writers have not totally forgotten about them.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •