Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why is Dento getting left in the dark here?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I'm so glad we can all agree that this is only an opinion.
    No Brock acted like a father figure in DP rather than a big brother and its too bad most people were so caught up trying to pin blame on dawn for everything that DP did poorly that they couldn't even see that.

only 3 pokemon?
    one of which is useless (stunkfish)
    crustle being his strongest

Please explain how Stunfisk is useless. I cannot see how anyone could come to this conclusion.

I'm now starting to think the writers just don't know what the heck to do with him, even in the climax they seem clueless what to do with him.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I still think Dento is hilarious and awesome with his sillynes, but he really do need development. Maybe it's for the best he'll stay with Ash for the next region and get some more things to do. Hell, I'd even see him do Contests, cuz' he's be awesome at it~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Cilan only has 3 pokemon, same as Brock in DP and before. But Brock's Pokemon barely battled in comparison.

Well every now and then Cilan pops up and says somthing random.
    -sigh- yea i want more cilan to.
    I have a feeling cilan will do somthing really big.
    Soon.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Cilan will probably do more regarding his own goals after Episode N. The secondary guy never gets too much focus on their goal but I'm sure something'll come.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Isn't this also the case for Brock, Max, and Tracy?

Ash's girls always receive more development and importance then the other guy.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post

It's always the girls that end up being successful as soon as they ditch Ash.

No idea if Brock ever became a full-fledged doctor. Max is probably lost trying to find that sweet little Ralts.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No Brock acted like a father figure in DP rather than a big brother and its too bad most people were so caught up trying to pin blame on dawn for everything that DP did poorly that they couldn't even see that.
    I saw that but Brock acted like a father figure like that in Hoenn as well so I don't know why you're saying stuff about Dawn. Atleast she still did something. But seriously, let me stop about Brock. This is about Cilan. I just hope he goes off somewhere to get training or something because he isn't getting it with Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Cilan only has 3 pokemon, same as Brock in DP and before. But Brock's Pokemon barely battled in comparison.
    That's because of the Don battles and Cilan's williness to participate is higher than Brock's. If the Don battles were for trainers carrying badges only, Cilan and Iris would have nothing to do. Unless Musicals were their last hope.

Not necessarily. I don't know why they keep putting max in the same shoes as Brock and Tracey. They had pokemon, Max wasn't old enoug to have one yet, there is a difference.

It depends really. I though Cilan and Iris have pretty much the same importance other than Dragonite that is. However, Cilan is still strong with Crustle.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 12th March 2013 at 7:28 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

They probably plan on keeping him in the next gen so they are keeping him in the dark. He might get more light shone on him if they decide to have him leave

Hopefully he gets some focus in this new arc while Iris takes a back seat for a while

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Hopefully he gets some focus in this new arc while Iris takes a back seat for a while
    Again, Iris has nothing to do with Cilan's lack of screen-time lately. It's perfectly fine to want him to get more screen-time, I do as well, but going after another character is just childish. Iris has a plot-involved, non-comedic goal, Cilan doesn't. That can't be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Again, Iris has nothing to do with Cilan's lack of screen-time lately. It's perfectly fine to want him to get more screen-time, I do as well, but going after another character is just childish. Iris has a plot-involved, non-comedic goal, Cilan doesn't. That can't be helped.
    Let's be honest Iris' devolpment was saved mostly until Season 2 so it's fair for people to want her to take a back seat for a bit. Although I think Iris will leave and Cilan will stay.

Random : PokéRadar

She'll most likely take a backseat for a very long time after Best Wishes, so she shouldn't be shortchanged now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    not my point. My point is that Iris has had a lot of focus and there's not much left to do with her goal. She can afford to receive a bit less for now so we can get more Cilan centric episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    She'll most likely take a backseat for a very long time after Best Wishes, so she shouldn't be shortchanged now.
    There's nothing to suggest Cilan will stay. If he leaves then he shouldn't be shortchanged now
    Last edited by AceDetective; 13th March 2013 at 9:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Let's be honest Iris' devolpment was saved mostly until Season 2 so it's fair for people to want her to take a back seat for a bit. Although I think Iris will leave and Cilan will stay.
    Except Iris has absolutely nothing to do with Cilan's lack of screen time, I wish Ace Detective would quit dragging her name into threads because one of her favorite characters is getting what she perceives as unfavorable treatment by the writers. Don't blame Iris for getting development, blame the writers for not treating his goal seriously and making mostly Sommelier-esque personas for his title.

not my point. My point is that Iris has had a lot of focus and there's not much left to do with her goal. She can afford to receive a bit less for now so we can get more Cilan centric episodes.
    There isn't really anything to do with Cilan's goal either, since it's almost completely comedic.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 13th March 2013 at 9:41 AM.

There isn't much to do with Cilan's goal in general.

I do want Dent to have some attention given to him or atleast make him do something, it doesn't even have to do with his goal but if there is something important to do in an episode let him do it, let his Pansage/Crustle/Stunfisk be the hero Satoshi and Iris pokemon have been doing that mostly, obviously there is no need to take time from Iris or Satoshi to do that.

There are many things that they can do with Cilan, like giving him another Pokémon and developing it for a few episodes, giving him a Pinot Noir episode or focusing on his Purrloin's fear. It doesn't have to be necessarily revolved around his goal to be a Cilan-centric episode. They can focus on the development of his character.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Its just unfortunate that to this day we still dont' know much about his past

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Its just unfortunate that to this day we still dont' know much about his past
    I don't it has been touched because there is no much besides the Purrloin thing, he probably had a pretty normal life as a city boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    There are many things that they can do with Cilan, like giving him another Pokémon and developing it for a few episodes, giving him a Pinot Noir episode or focusing on his Purrloin's fear. It doesn't have to be necessarily revolved around his goal to be a Cilan-centric episode. They can focus on the development of his character.
    There was plenty of this between Castelia and Virbank. Iris didn't really get much significant focus at all until Dragonite came along, but Cilan had his time just as you described. Give someone other than him a chance for once.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I think there's going to be some focus for Cilan during the Dako whatever episodes. I've actually never thought of Cilan as a serious character, and is there for 'comic' relief. It's a pity that they changed Cilans character from the games by such a large margin. He starts off flawless, perfect, confident and has never really gotten development one way or another. His perks are rarely touched by the writers too. I'm hoping that Cilan gets some development (eg losing confidence like Dawn, losing to Burgundy, overcoming his Purrloin fear... Etc). There's many things the writers could do with him, but as this point he's going to get as stale as Brock.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast