Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why is Dento getting left in the dark here?

I mean that the tag along Male is pretty much getting no recognition. I don't like Dent, but that has a lot to do with how stale he is after just one Saga.

Actually I thought he did very well last episode.

He had quite a few lines, as well as one of the first people to jump into action. Seriously he did well! I mean the writers did well~

I feel like my problems with Dento's treatment are different from everyone's else's.

I just want to see him active and doing stuff to help out--I don't expect ~fabulous~ stuff in epi N. Too serious. But what I DIDN'T like was when Ash and Iris would battle and Dento would stand there doing nothing but cellular respirate /and he can't even technically do that but I'm being nice/

And yes, development or "serious" episodes with him is welcomed but they are more focused with N.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 22nd March 2013 at 3:01 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Compared to the other episodes he were in before that, I agree with you. As far as him feeling different, it's because he is different. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing it just means that he is badly written as far as good plots for him goes.

And Cilan has helped out a lot of times even way more than Iris especially in the beginning and middle. Only when Dragonite came is when Iris barely started battling at all outside of the Don tournaments. Before is was basically Cilan doing all the battling along with Ash. What show were you watching back then?

My ideal battle ever!

He had quite a few lines, as well as one of the first people to jump into action. Seriously he did well! I mean the writers did well~

I feel like my problems with Dento's treatment are different from everyone's else's.

I just want to see him active and doing stuff to help out--I don't expect ~fabulous~ stuff in epi N. Too serious. But what I DIDN'T like was when Ash and Iris would battle and Dento would stand there doing nothing but cellular respirate /and he can't even technically do that but I'm being nice/

And yes, development or "serious" episodes with him is welcomed but they are more focused with N.
    He knocked out Pignite ....p
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

But what I DIDN'T like was when Ash and Iris would battle and Dento would stand there doing nothing but cellular respirate /and he can't even technically do that but I'm being nice/
    I don't see the problem with him not battling often. I mean in my opinion it's better than seeing him crush every Pokemon with his Crustle ('cause apparently that's his go-to Pokemon in almost every battle). I'd rather wait for him to get a fourth Pokemon before I see him in a serious battle again, 'cause then at least it would be refreshing.

Now Cilan has to stop being a hero or else he'll murder Charizard by accident, which will then lead to an episode where Charizard is going to be swung around by Dragonite.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

that's where he belongs, plus he is way to awkward for my tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't see the problem with him not battling often. I mean in my opinion it's better than seeing him crush every Pokemon with his Crustle ('cause apparently that's his go-to Pokemon in almost every battle). I'd rather wait for him to get a fourth Pokemon before I see him in a serious battle again, 'cause then at least it would be refreshing.
    Stunfisk still hasn't gotten a proper winning battle so there's still potential for showing something fresh even without a fourth. I don't mind Crustle either way since it's my 2nd fav Unova Pokemon.:]
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Since its looking likely Cilans gonna leave I hope he gets a lot of focus in the upcoming arc

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Since its looking likely Cilans gonna leave I hope he gets a lot of focus in the upcoming arc
    I don't know. All I see is mostly stuff being done for Iris and Ash. I don't even see his pokemon or Burgundy. It makes me wonder why bother giving him a rival if you're not going to atleast do something for her.

My ideal battle ever!

^ There's a picture of Dento as a Detective with a Roselia, Purrloin, and Vannilite. It could easily mean focus for him, maybe even in multiple episodes.

I care more about that Purrloin, it's highly likely it'll go over why he's afraid of them. X3

I care more about that Purrloin, it's highly likely it'll go over why he's afraid of them. X3
    Pretty sure that this is the likely scenario of his backstory.

Cilan: When I was a little kid, a Purrloin stole my lunch.

Silence.

Cilan: And that's why I don't like Purrloin.

Hugh: PURRLOOOOOOOOOOIN!

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Pretty sure that this is the likely scenario of his backstory.

Cilan: When I was a little kid, a Purrloin stole my lunch.

Silence.

Cilan: And that's why I don't like Purrloin.

Hugh: PURRLOOOOOOOOOOIN!
    Well I doubt it'd be that. It probably trolled him multiple times.

Of course though, I'm secretly hoping for a Tamaki/Belzenef moment.

It'd be perfect for Dento. <3

^ There's a picture of Dento as a Detective with a Roselia, Purrloin, and Vannilite. It could easily mean focus for him, maybe even in multiple episodes.

Playing detective all the time gets old. Unless he changes his goal to being a detective that its I think that would be much better than what you would call development for him.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 24th March 2013 at 3:04 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Teenagers love dragons and stuff so I guess Iris might appeal to a target audience. Cilan is boring anyway!

^ He has canon evidence for being fun. :P

I don't see how he's a boring character. Sure when he stands around, but that's everybody. When he's given the time to allow his personality to shine, he brightens everything. Like seriously, I don't know about the dub, but you can hear the enthusiasm of what he likes in his voice...

Plus everything he's interested in isn't what many others are, or people find what he likes uninteresting. They really succeeded in making him a quirky character.

I don't know how popular he is with younger kids though, they might even have trouble understanding his metaphors and such.

As for popularity both he and Iris are (most likely) controversial. Meaning they are well liked by some people and er not so well-liked by others. That's my guess though, just because of the vast fandom of Pokemon it's really hard to hone in on what's popular and what's not.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 24th March 2013 at 6:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Sinnoh Saga was pretty bad, especially at the end.
    Unova, however, is a different kind of bad.
    I know what you mean: things just haven't been the same since Hoenn ended.

Unova's still good to me, though. Sinnoh was alright as well. Can't say I enjoy them as much as the previous arcs, but still decent.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I hate cilan. I bet the creators realised how much of a weirdo cilan is. But I hate iris too. Best wishes ruined pokemon for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456