Thread: Biggest Investment of Time?

Default Biggest Investment of Time?

In RSE, what did you consider to be the single biggest sinkhole of time?
    for me, it was a toss-up between EV training/breeding and trying desperately to fine tune my team, or growing/harvesting my berry crops.
    regretfully, i'm announcing that i am leaving these forums. if anyone wants to get in contact with me, you can find me on pokecommunity.com and pokemon-online.eu (under the same name)

Hard to say. I spent a lot of time at the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and I am not even done with it yet, so that could be one thing. On the other hand, I probably spent even more time breeding Pokemon, EV-training them, and then training them regularly. I guess that is what I spent the most time on in the end.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Training in general was tedious in R/S/E and a huge taker of time. My main Sapphire team isn't even fully trained yet and I've been playing the game on and off for 11 years.

Back when I played Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby they were the second, third, and fourth games I had (after Leafgreen), and as an 8-9 year old I was 7+ years away from in-game nature/team typing competitiveness and 8 years from becoming a truly competitive battler and EV trainer. So EV training wasn't even on my radar. I would say the Emerald Battle Frontier took up the greatest amount of my time.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Either training or Battle Frontier.

I've trained many Pokemon on RSE over the years. EV training takes me quite a while on these games due to lack of Power Items and the fact that I don't have the Pokerus in Gen 3 anymore. Even just levelling up Pokemon seems to take me longer than on some other games.

The Battle Frontier has definitely eaten up at least a couple of the nearly 900 hours I have on my main Emerald (probably more than that actually). Been playing at the facilities there ever since I finished the main storyline all those years ago, only have three of the gold symbols.

The biggest investment of time: catching Relicanth, training a Wailmer from Lv. 30 to 40. Catching the Regis. But its worth it!

The biggest investment of time in that game for me had to be finding a Feebas. At this point my internal battery had died so I couldn't grow berries to evolve the Feebas in to a Miltolic. I succeeded in the end though after I finally said goodbye to my last berry in my bag.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Ruby/Sapphire was when I started playing Pokemon, and I remember spending hours trying to get Feebas, decoding the braille in the Regi tombs, and trying to climb the tower to reach Rayquaza. The latter making me want to throw my GameBoy against the wall and drop-kick it to Japan, haha.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |