Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey

Default Fifty Shades of Grey

Anyone wanna discuss this masterpiece?

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Anyone wanna discuss this masterpiece?
    It's only a masterpiece in being a terribly written piece of thrash.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Why would (another) thread be made about this? Why?

Anyway, by "masterpiece", I expect you mean, "proof that literature is dead to the world even Jane Austen would cry rivers". Outside of just hearing/reading excerpts from the book online (and I even tried to read it in its original fan fiction form), I haven't touched the book, and I don't want to. It makes me wish that I was blissfully unaware it existed, but unfortunately, when you know about Twilight, you pretty much are guaranteed to hear about Fifty Shades.

Fun fact: my mom likes Twilight (what a shock), but she says Fifty Shades is the worst piece of literature she's ever looked at, and she only read a couple of pages at a bookstore. She is also aware it was originally Twilight fan fiction which meant it was written in the style of Twilight, but it's mom logic, I apparently don't understa-a-and. And Mom loves books, she would probably worship books, so why she would like Twilight is beyond me. My grandmother's the same way, and she agrees that Fifty Shades is awful, even though she's only heard about it from pretty much everyone, at least she's smart enough to stay away from it and not let curiosity take a hold of her.

You know, I actually have of yet to run into someone who likes Fifty Shades. Yeah, they're out there, but I think for the most part, the reason why anyone is reading it is because they want to see for their own eyes just how horribly written it is. Unfortunately, that also means giving money to that British author James, whatever-her-initials are, and that's just making her rich. And now I'm hearing talks of a movie being made. Yeah, that's going to be an "R" at least, but then that movie's going to end up making money anyway, so yeah, everyone's screwed either way.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Why would (another) thread be made about this? Why?
    Presumably as a trolling act. Then again, I forgot that people apparently like this book. I'm not exactly sure why, but there are some people who think Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music is some kind of great accomplishment, too.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

It's the best book ever written and the author should win a nobel prize in literature

/sarcasm

You people please just f*** off. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I have nevver touched the book, but it seems to have an interesting concept.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    You people please just f*** off. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Why should we? We are are allowed to to say just how terrible the book is by how it's poorly written or how unbelievable the characters are.

The book is pure garbage, then again it was originally meant to be a Twilight fan fiction which is another terrible book with unbelievable the characters.

I have never touched the book, but it seems to have an interesting concept.
    It's smut for women that the book only "interesting concept".

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It's only a masterpiece in being a terribly written piece of thrash.
    I can only agree. Although I think it is decently written, it's just really not the right plot. Though how I put it in the first post wouldn't show it.

I have a feeling I shouldn't have started this thread...

Saaatoshi!

I feel that I should have never replied...

Voicing opinions is illegal now?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Voicing opinions is illegal now?
    Yes. I live in North Korea, and you get the death penalty if you so much as let one thing that p!sses someone off come out.

It's too bad the book wasn't written before they launched Voyager 1, it could have been carried on board to deceive the earth destroying aliens into thinking there's no intelligent life here.

I still refuse to believe that this book was meant to be taken seriously.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

well it didn't take long for this thread to devolve into a steaming pile of crap
    life is
    a game