Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will happen in Aug and Sept in Best Wishes? (Read 1st post)

Default What will happen in Aug and Sept in Best Wishes? (Read 1st post)

Yesterday, a pamphlet from the toys company Banpresto revealed that the anime series that will promote the XY series will start in October (like the games). Which means that we have 6-8 more episodes of the Best Wishes series whose content are still unknown.

Fans will start to question what content should have those episodes. To condense all the discussion about this type of episode, I will create this thread for the Best Wishes

The topics that I recoomend evading it if theres possible:
    WARNING: Because the complaining that characters' departure threads causes to the fandom, please try to not start discussions about Iris/Iris and Cilan/Dent leaving and any past character returning to the main cast without more confirmation. This only causes complaining

If Iris and Cilan are restricted even with the poster, that menas that Ash and Team Rocket leaving discussion aren't allowed. And consider Ash will going to be the main characters as something technically confirmed.

-You can't discuss possible plots of episodes that have this own threads.
    -And you can't discuss anything about XY. Discuss in his own thread.

What you can discuss in this thread are: (that will include what will happen to the dub)
        Spoiler:- Examples of possible discussion:

Enjoy posting:
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 3rd June 2013 at 7:55 AM.

I don't think the dub will skip the Decolora arc, since it's going to contain Iris and Cilan's departure... That's kind of plot-important. Besides, only the US dub is even close to being caught up with the japanese airing, if I remember correctly. Most of the other dubs are very far behind. I don't see why they'd do something like this just for the US dub. As for "Adventures in Unova", they could just change it... Or just leave it even though it's not correct anymore. It doesn't really matter.
    On the other hand, if they really do want just one dub to catch up for XY, they might just not air anything in August and September, or at least air specials that aren't going to be dubbed. That seems a bit more logical than making main-series episodes and not planning to dub them, I think.

As for the actual August-September episodes, it seems like exactly the right length for a tourney, possibly within the Decolora arc itself to tie up loose ends with the Unova rivals while they're still close enough to Unova for this to be plausible. I also half expect Zekrom to follow Ash to Kanto so that plotline can be concluded there- the way Zekrom's plot has been brought up makes it seems more relevant than Ho-oh's was, so I do expect it to actually be addressed at some point. ... Unless they want to tie it into XY somehow. Or just not conclude it, which would be sucky but not impossible, I guess. :/

And that's my two cents.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I see the zekrom plot line as being completely done. It isn't going to be randomly traveling outside of unova.

And they definitely arent going to just completely skip da in the dub. How would it look if it right after The last episode of episode n is over, ash is randomly just going straight to kalos, with iris and cilan gone unexplained?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

The ENG dub is 13 episodes behind the JP dub, which is a new record I think for how close we're, and since the Episode N dub scenes were shown prior to Adventures in Unova even airing yet, I'm positive TPCi are already dubbing XY by now, and they probably have for months now. The Decolora Arcipelago arc isn't important in the slightest, and although I want it to be skipped entirely, I'd be fine if it was shortened to the important episodes only, so like this:

-Unova Departure Episode
    -Scalchop King Episode
    -Rotom VS Oak Episode
    -Ash & Butterfree Episode
    -Clair Episode(s)
    -Sayonara Episode

That's shortening a 15+ filler arc into 6 episodes that actually effect the overall series, maybe not the Scalchop episode.

Although I'm kind of thinking that there will be two episodes to Iris and Cilan's departure, one being the actual departure, and the other being a Lab episode with the big family gathering, maybe some cameos from Brock and Gary just to see how they're doing. I'm just stuck on how Ash will find out about Kalos, unless Cilan's tells him about Lumiose City's cafes.

They could do a double set of new episodes each week, either airing two on Saturday or airing another in the Sunday time slot.

Other there could be plans to do a new episodes marathon run one weekend, bridging the gap in one quick go.

Of course, this is truly assuming the dub version of X and Y episodes would be finished before the episodes even air in Japan.

Hmm I don't know how likely this is but I can see the following happening until X/Y anime

-Ash vs Benga - Pikachu vs Pancham Benga wins and mentions the Karos Region
    -Black Kyurem and White Kyurem Special. Kyurem is being hunted by poachers, and Virgil appears to protect it with Sylveon.
    -Axew and Scraggy Evolution
    - Stunfisk Outbreak Episode
    - Victini Episode
    - One last 3 Episode tournament

So all together that would be about 7 episodes the Kyurem episode being a 2 parter
    Last edited by JD; 2nd June 2013 at 7:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hmm I don't know how likely this is but I can see the following happening until X/Y anime

-Ash vs Benga - Pikachu vs Pancham Benga wins and mentions the Karos Region
    -Black Kyurem and White Kyurem Special. Kyurem is being hunted by poachers, and Virgil appears to protect it with Sylveon.
    -Axew and Scraggy Evolution
    - Stunfisk Outbreak Episode
    - Victini Episode
    - One last 3 Episode tournament

So all together that would be about 7 episodes the Kyurem episode being a 2 parter
    Please please please no....Pikachu losing to Pancham? Snivy and Panpour were enough.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Please please please no....Pikachu losing to Pancham? Snivy and Panpour were enough.
    I don't see what the problem is. Pancham like Pikachu is probably a stage one Pokemon and Benga could simply be a better trainer than Ash.

I don't see what the problem is. Pancham like Pikachu is probably a stage one Pokemon and Benga could simply be a better trainer than Ash.
    How isn't that a problem? Situations like that are a problem. VS Snivy was too much, VS Panpour was too much, even VS Dawn's Quilava was completely horrible. Pikachu wasn't even that weak in Johto...remember it beating Harrison's Kecleon? There is no excuse of Pikachu losing unless its a fully evolved Pokémon which resists its attacks(and even then VS Excadrill was disappointing. No effort besides spinning Iron Tail) and is experienced. Benga with a Pancham is not experienced

The stage thing always confuses me >_<

Pichu-> Pikachu-> Raichu

And Pancham is most likely unevolved

How isn't that a problem? Situations like that are a problem. VS Snivy was too much, VS Panpour was too much, even VS Dawn's Quilava was completely horrible. Pikachu wasn't even that weak in Johto...remember it beating Harrison's Kecleon? There is no excuse of Pikachu losing unless its a fully evolved Pokémon which resists its attacks(and even then VS Excadrill was disappointing. No effort besides spinning Iron Tail) and is experienced. Benga with a Pancham is not experienced

The stage thing always confuses me >_<

Pichu-> Pikachu-> Raichu

And Pancham is most likely unevolved
    Pikachu only lost to Snivy in order to make Trip look like a threat to Ash. Cress used strategy to beat Ash Mud Sport weakens electric type attacks and Ash continued to use electric type attacks like Volt Tackle that was a mistake on his part Cress was the better trainer I don't see why people complain about that. We already know that Benga is a skilled trainer in Black Version 2 and White Version 2 so I still don't see what the big deal of Pikachu losing to a Pancham is it would just be stronger simple as that. Unfezant and Boldore both lost to a Koffing and then Unfezant lost to a Riolu an unevolved Pokemon can be just as strong as a fully evolved Pokemon.

Hoping for a lab episode, that would make me happy enough.

Benga's presumably a strong trainer, and Pikachu is way too OP for his species, and we don't know how strong Pancham would be.

If Benga beats Ash in a battle, it'd be a bit.. meh.
    He is the grandson of Alder, so you know, it just seems a bit "oh he is related to a great trainer so he must also be a great trainer and win".

And Ash needs to win something. Dear god please.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    If Benga beats Ash in a battle, it'd be a bit.. meh.
    He is the grandson of Alder, so you know, it just seems a bit "oh he is related to a great trainer so he must also be a great trainer and win".

And Ash needs to win something. Dear god please.
    Well, in the games he is great, or at least has uber haxgreat pokemon.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

In the games Benga is this god-tier trainer who far surpasses his grandpa. I see no problem with Ash losing to him. He's a traveler to so he could help get Ash interested in Kalos.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Pikachu only lost to Snivy in order to make Trip look like a threat to Ash. Cress used strategy to beat Ash Mud Sport weakens electric type attacks and Ash continued to use electric type attacks like Volt Tackle that was a mistake on his part Cress was the better trainer I don't see why people complain about that. We already know that Benga is a skilled trainer in Black Version 2 and White Version 2 so I still don't see what the big deal of Pikachu losing to a Pancham is it would just be stronger simple as that. Unfezant and Boldore both lost to a Koffing and then Unfezant lost to a Riolu an unevolved Pokemon can be just as strong as a fully evolved Pokemon.
    Cress is better than Ash? No he's better than BW Ash, which is what needs to change. Ash needs to go back to what he was, I'd say 2 and a half years is enough. I don't have a problem with Ash losing to Benga if he is powerful. Harrison and Blaziken were powerful, not Benga and Pancham(which doesn't make sense at the moment since Benga is only in BW2)

Bringing up the disaster that was the 8th gym battle and Unova League only hurts your case. Boldore AND Unfezant should not have lost to a Koffing and Unfezant should absolutely have NOT lost to Riolu. There is a huge different in someone being more powerful than Ash and the writing just screwing Ash over again and again

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    In the games Benga is this god-tier trainer who far surpasses his grandpa. I see no problem with Ash losing to him. He's a traveler to so he could help get Ash interested in Kalos.
    There's a difference between Ash losing against Benga in a hard fought, high level, high skill, and high experience battle, and Ash losing against Benga with a Pancham. X and Y needs to turn things around with Ash and the unneccesary losses, fails, and regression
    Last edited by TheFonz; 2nd June 2013 at 11:06 PM.

I am going to guess the remaining episodes.

6/06 - Croconaw
    6/13 - Butterfree
    6/20 - Ash and Iris
    6/27 - Jirachi

7/04 - Beheeyem
    7/11 - Break. Movie Week
    7/18 - Break
    7/25 - Treasure Island

8/01 - Emolga and Team Rocket
    8/08 - Clair
    8/15 - Georgia vs Clair
    8/22 - Cilan's New Pokémon
    8/29 - Burgundy's Revenge

9/05 - Chili, Cilan, and Cress
    9/12 - Virgil and Sylveon
    9/19 - Kanto Arrival
    9/26 - Sayonara, Iris and Cilan

I'll go in detail of what I think now.

June - Pretty straight forward.
    July - Only two episodes as there is always a two week break whenever a movie airs.

So now to the things I could see happening in August and September.

The start of an Iris three episode mini arc.

Episode 1 : Emolga joins Team Rocket after starting a fight with Snivy and Iris takes Snivy's side. This angers Emolga and acts like a diva and joins Jessie for revenge.
    Episode 2 : They find out Clair will be in the next island. Clair is hunting for the Shiny Druddigon and Iris's Dragonite starts a battle with the Dragon's Den Dragonite whom is now Clair's.
    Episode 3 : Georgia the Dragon Buster finds out that the Johto Dragon-type Gym Leader is close by so she wants a battle against her and Iris. Georgia's Vanilluxe vs Druddigon and Beartic vs Axew.

Then another 3 part mini arc that focuses on Cilan.

Episode 1 : Cilan catches a new Pokémon. Preferably a part Grass-type.
    Episode 2 : Burgundy is furious Cilan left Unova before she got her revenge so she challenges Cilan to a 4 vs 4. Pansage, Crustle, Stunfisk, ??? vs Dewott, Stoutland, Sawsbuck, Darmanitan.
    Episode 3 : Chili and Cress meet up with Cilan that they have some things they want to talk with Cilan. They want to consider evolving the monkeys at the same time and want to consider closing the gym to train separately.

Then the final three episodes being the ones that finish off the saga.

Episode 1 : Team Eevee is on the way back to Unova where Virgil reveals that his Eevee has evolved into Sylveon while he was visiting Kalos. The kids see him and Davey flying above so they land when they see Ash and co. waving from below. Ash wants to have a full battle against Team Eevee as he never battled him.

Episode 2 : Ash, Iris, and Cilan arrive in Kanto at last. Iris and Cilan see his other Pokémon. Ash deposits all his party pokémon with Oak. Team Rocket attempts to steal his Pokémon. (Misty or Gary) is in Pallet Town after hearing that Ash was returnign form his last journey and Ash battle them.

Episode 3 : Iris reveals that she has decided to go to Johto to accept Clair's offer to train with her before she heads back to Opelucid City to start as Gym Leader. Cilan reveals that he will head to Striaton City to sort out the issues that his brothers talked about with him. Team Rocket attacks them and Axew evolves against them. Ash and Iris decide to have one last battle, Scraggy vs Fraxure. The battle ends in a draw after Hi Jump Kick and Giga Impact collide.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    7/04 - Beheeyem
    7/11 - Break. Movie Week
    7/18 - Break
    7/25 - Treasure Island
    Just to let you know that the break will be on the 25th and the Treasure Island episode will air on the 18th just making sure your guess on upcoming events is accurate with the information we know right now. Also wouldn't Clair's Dragonite just be her Dragonair she use against Ash in they're Gym battle but evolved. Anyway everything else you said seems a very likely scenario to will happen before XY starts in October.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

Did i really just read that the Decorola Archipelago could be skipped in the dub partially because the last episode showed Japanese writing?

Please say that part of the opening post was a joke, because honestly I'd like to believe that no-one could actually come out with that in a serious way.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Yesterday, a pamphlet from the toys company Banpresto revealed that the anime series that will promote the XY series will start in October (like the games). Which means that we have 6-8 more episodes of the Best Wishes series.
    Hmmm... what? You did the math wrong, we have around 16 episodes of BW left, if XY starts in October. If there are breaks, it could go down to 12 episodes at most.

Anyway, I want some things to happen before BW ends:

1-A lab episode where we can see all of Ash's pokemon.
    2-Brock's cameo (in person, like the one Dawn got, at least for the lab episode)
    3-A short tournament which Ash wins using Charizard in the final battle (against Iris' Dragonite or a COTD's strong pokemon)
    4-If the tournament doesn't happen, an episode where Charizard gets to do something worthy.
    5-Axew and Scraggy evolving at the end.
    6-Gary being the one to tell Ash about the Kalos region. (and possibly battling him again)

And that's about it. Although I would be more than happy if number 1 and 3 or 4 happens.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 3rd June 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Boldore AND Unfezant should not have lost to a Koffing and Unfezant should absolutely have NOT lost to Riolu. There is a huge different in someone being more powerful than Ash and the writing just screwing Ash over again and again

There's a difference between Ash losing against Benga in a hard fought, high level, high skill, and high experience battle, and Ash losing against Benga with a Pancham. X and Y needs to turn things around with Ash and the unneccesary losses, fails, and regression
    I've said this before and I'll keep saying it, it is perfectly realistic for a Koffing to defeat a Boldore and an Unfezant. In a competitive battle with EV's and Eviolite and everything it has a lot of defense to withstand attacks from such Pokes. And that's in a fair, equal leveled, scenario. You gotta keep in mind how powerful Homika is and that her Koffing is obviously in a much higher "level" than those two Unova Pokes of Ash.
    But, other than that I agree, they really need to step up the game with Ash in the XY series.

As for what I wish to happen before said XY series starts, a tournament, which Ash wins and a team change of any sort for him. Palpitoad has absolutely no reason not to evolve but we'll see if the writers bother to have any of the reserves appear again. I would assume that they'd give em all some sort of an appearance before the end. Scraggy seems like the likeliest to evolve.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 3rd June 2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

My prediction: It'll get dubbed as always, with the season name changed from a 3-word name to a 5-word name. The OP should change too.

Cress is better than Ash? No he's better than BW Ash, which is what needs to change. Ash needs to go back to what he was, I'd say 2 and a half years is enough. I don't have a problem with Ash losing to Benga if he is powerful. Harrison and Blaziken were powerful, not Benga and Pancham(which doesn't make sense at the moment since Benga is only in BW2)

Bringing up the disaster that was the 8th gym battle and Unova League only hurts your case. Boldore AND Unfezant should not have lost to a Koffing and Unfezant should absolutely have NOT lost to Riolu. There is a huge different in someone being more powerful than Ash and the writing just screwing Ash over again and again

Honestly, who cares Best Wishes already sucks I've given up on it a long time ago it wouldn't matter if Ash lost to a Pancham or not we already know he is just going to reset all over again and lose the Karos League your getting worked up over nothing.
    Last edited by JD; 3rd June 2013 at 1:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Just to let you know that the break will be on the 25th and the Treasure Island episode will air on the 18th just making sure your guess on upcoming events is accurate with the information we know right now. Also wouldn't Clair's Dragonite just be her Dragonair she use against Ash in they're Gym battle but evolved. Anyway everything else you said seems a very likely scenario to will happen before XY starts in October.
    I can't find anything that says it will be on the 18th.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I can't find anything that says it will be on the 18th.
    I actually doubt its going to be on the 18th, the previows week should be the Kyurem movie, then Naruto should get a double episode, so no episode on the 18th

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast