Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is our Protagonist too weak?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Well, they made it a point to show the similarities between Flint and Ash, so I wouldn't be surprised if Infernape was the last one standing against Cynthia. If it was Pikachu against Garchomp, it'd be pretty obvious that he is going to lose the battle.
    The only Ground Pokemon to beat Pikachu are Ground/Steel types...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    um don't forget Dugtrio back in the Hoenn league!!

But, I think they would have ash go through the 4 (since Kanto and Johto is Kanto/Johto) champions. I think they would have Lance be the one to be taken down by Charizard, Infernape for cynthia, who knows for the other two. I think giovanni or the "pokemon master" would have Pikachu star for the final final battle that we would see.

but in terms of Sinnoh, I think pikachu would definitely star against Flint to take down his Infernape.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 12th March 2013 at 7:15 AM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Well, coupled with Garchomp and Cynthia's uber status in the anime, any of Pikachu's cheap tricks like Thunder Armor (Increasing its power by coating itself in electricity), Aim for the Horn (Attacking a weak point in the armor) or simply just continuously hitting it with lightning probably isn't going to fly. And with without those, realistically, Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance. Even Ash's unconventional battle style won't help, since Cynthia's the strongest of the strong we've seen so far. Nothing Ash will do could take her by surprise, as she's probably learned to account for everything in a battle.

I just see Cynthia as the model of what a Trainer should be and Ash is the exact opposite.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Well, coupled with Garchomp and Cynthia's uber status in the anime, any of Pikachu's cheap tricks like Thunder Armor (Increasing its power by coating itself in electricity), Aim for the Horn (Attacking a weak point in the armor) or simply just continuously hitting it with lightning probably isn't going to fly. And with without those, realistically, Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance. Even Ash's unconventional battle style won't help, since Cynthia's the strongest of the strong we've seen so far. Nothing Ash will do could take her by surprise, as she's probably learned to account for everything in a battle.

I just see Cynthia as the model of what a Trainer should be and Ash is the exact opposite.
    This is the anime. i think they would give it a good Iron tail to the head before Pikachu gets taken down. Kind of like how Pikachu managed to damage Electrivire before being taken out.

LMFAO you are not seriously gonna try to argue that are you??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    LMFAO you are not seriously gonna try to argue that are you??
    I'm gonna argue whatever I feel like arguing... Even if I'm all alone on it :P

So I forgot the one time Dugtrio in Hoenn, big deal. Pikachu appears to be the pseudo-legend slayer, already beating Dragonite and Metagross
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm gonna argue whatever I feel like arguing... Even if I'm all alone on it :P

So I forgot the one time Dugtrio in Hoenn, big deal. Pikachu appears to be the pseudo-legend slayer, already beating Dragonite and Metagross
    There is no way in hell a Pikachu should be able to beat a Garchomp if he couldn't even beat Excadrill.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

There is no way in hell a Pikachu should be able to beat a Garchomp if he couldn't even beat Excadrill.
    There can if it plays out like past battles... someone else wears it down and Pikachu finishes it off

There can if it plays out like past battles... someone else wears it down and Pikachu finishes it off
    With what?? An Iron Tail?? That would be the biggest DEM bull ever.

The only way I see it being justified is if he learns Return and uses his bond with Ash to beat him.

The only way I see it being justified is if he learns Return and uses his bond with Ash to beat him.
    Return could replace Quick Attack. I just would like to see how return would work...

Tell that to Volkner's Electivire, not to mention Static can in fact paralyze Garchomp (Cynthia loves to spam Dragon Rush and Brick Break)

Tell that to Volkner's Electivire, not to mention Static can in fact paralyze Garchomp (Cynthia loves to spam Dragon Rush and Brick Break)
    Another battle that was crap. Seriously he needs to butt out of the electric gyms.

Another battle that was crap. Seriously he needs to butt out of the electric gyms.
    He finally beat that species... it was a good day in my book

He finally beat that species... it was a good day in my book
    He beat the wrong one so who cares lol.

He beat the wrong one so who cares lol.
    Infernape was being set up for that battle...

Infernape was being set up for that battle...
    Meh, it was fair game for either since they both have beef with it.

Not that I'm saying Pikachu would beat Garchomp, but how would Iron Tail defeating Garchomp count as a DEM? If she's worn down due to other Pokemon and/or Pikachu has dealt enough damage to her there's nothing wrong with winning with an Iron Tail. It wouldn't be a Deus Ex Machina at all because Pikachu isn't using anything he already didn't have to beat Garchomp, a DEM would be like Ash finding out he had accidentally caught a Froslass before the battle and it being revealed in the battle and beating Garchomp. Pikachu winning with already established power wouldn't technically be a DEM at all.

Iron tail has almost the exact same amount of power as return, losing out by TWO points.

...And iron tail just looks cooler. I mean, who DOESN'T want to be able to temporarly turn their tail into steel and lay the smack down?

Seriously though its possible.

...If only hidden power could attcually be useful in the anime...HP ice .
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Not that I'm saying Pikachu would beat Garchomp, but how would Iron Tail defeating Garchomp count as a DEM? If she's worn down due to other Pokemon and/or Pikachu has dealt enough damage to her there's nothing wrong with winning with an Iron Tail. It wouldn't be a Deus Ex Machina at all because Pikachu isn't using anything he already didn't have to beat Garchomp, a DEM would be like Ash finding out he had accidentally caught a Froslass before the battle and it being revealed in the battle and beating Garchomp. Pikachu winning with already established power wouldn't technically be a DEM at all.
    That's the point, we all know full well that Quick Attack wouldn't do shiz to Garchomp so he would literally be weakening him with one move, that would be complete bull, especially for a Champions pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    We don't know, maybe these two were actually one of his weakest Pokemon out of the 6. He could have a Lugia (There are many of them in the Pokemon World), Deoxys and Rayquaza (Same case as Lugia) storen somewhere. Judging by the Saiko Everyday opening that may hint something, he had an Entei too.
    In all seriousness though, is he even eligible as a real trainer? Yeah he's in the show, but pretty much everyone knows what I mean here. Even then, wouldn't he have gotten a chance to face Cynthia by now? She's still the champion.

Darkrai also seemed to be his ticket through things, so I really doubt it would be considered one of his weakest.

Couldn't even beat Excadrill??! He couldn't even beat a Panpour...

By the way, didn't Aaron give Cynthia a run for her money? Yeah she won, but still...I'm not doubting that she is probably the toughest-to-beat battler who we've seen yet, but anyone who can come even close to beating her should get recognition in my book.

In general though, the Sinnoh E4 seemed to be the best of the best so far. Flint's Infernape alone was crazy strong(unsure of the rest of his team) and, even though she's the only one we haven't seen face Cynthia, Bertha appeared to be really smart and strong when it comes to battling. I wish we could have seen her vs Cynthia.
    Last edited by Chriiis; 12th March 2013 at 9:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    No that would be equally as cheap. You are talking about kill stealing. Where another does all the work fkr pikachu to claim all the credit.

Maybe back in DP where the actual strength of Pikachu applies but not in Best Wishes.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No that would be equally as cheap. You are talking about kill stealing. Where another does all the work fkr pikachu to claim all the credit.
    So who deserved Dragonite and Metagross in your opinion? Because Squirtle, Tauros and Team Rocket all played as much effective roles as Charizard did and Grovyle was the one to put a chip in Metagross after Swellow wore it down a tad bit. This is still all the reason Pikachu needed though because ash relied on him to finish the job, thus making him Ash's Ace

So who deserved Dragonite and Metagross in your opinion? Because Squirtle, Tauros and Team Rocket all played as much effective roles as Charizard did and Grovyle was the one to put a chip in Metagross after Swellow wore it down a tad bit. This is still all the reason Pikachu needed though because ash relied on him to finish the job, thus making him Ash's Ace
    Charizard and Torkoal respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Charizard and Torkoal respectively.
    Ahaha, that's a good joke there

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast