Thread: Espeon Team

Default Espeon Team

I'm pretty new to competitive pokemon and this is my first team so here goes.

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 242 HP. 4 Def. 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - Baton Pass

The purpose of Espeon is to serve as a counter to stealth rock/spikes while also being able to set up screens. Once the screens are set up, depending on the situation I am able to switch into salamence and dragon dance in order to set up for a sweep. The high speed and SpA stat allows me to easily take out most fighting types and the baton pass allows for a safe retreat from Pursuit users.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

Heatran serves as a powerful offensive pokemon that counters steel types and sun teams. It can set up stealth rock and also roar to get rid of walls or bad matchups upon prediction. Heatran checks pokemon that would easily kill espeon.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpD
    Nature: Adamant
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - U-Turn
    - Pursuit

Standard choice band Scizor. Pursuit allows me to hit ghosts and other psychic pokemon, serving as another check for Espeon's weaknesses. Mostly used as a scout until mid-late game Scizor allows me to bait switch-ins and react accordingly. Bullet punch is used for the priority and superpower for predicted switches.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP. 252 Atk, 252 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    - Mach Punch
    - Low Sweep
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed

Breloom is a feared pokemon who tends to cause a few switches, the low sweep is to punish those switch ins an lower the opponents speed. Spore puts threats to sleep, Mach punch + technician + Life orb is to do big damage with priority and can be used to revenge kill pokemon. Bullet seed is mainly used against pokemon who are super effective against it, predicted switches, and against sleeping pokemon when the opponent refuses to switch out. It serves as a check against dark pokemon whom espeon are weak against.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
    Ability:Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 Speed
    Nature: Naive
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

Usually I'll only use salamence when either screens are up or if his counters have been eliminated. This set is pretty self-explanatory boost using dragon dance and then go crazy with outrage and have the lum berry to cure confusion.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Impostor
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    Nature: Relaxed

-Transform

The troll pokemon that seeks to sweep a team with it's own pokemon. I usually only use ditto when the opponent has boosted their sweeper (which I shouldn't let happen but I'm still new) or if they are using a pokemon that I can't outspeed with any of my others. Even though it's a troll pokemon ditto plays his role very well and has saved me many many times.
    X and Y FC: 3136-7169-1610

Good looking team. Just 2 minor things for now:
    HP Ice > Roar on Heatran
    Rock Tomb > Low Sweep on Breloom, to kill incoming Flying types.

Is there any way to get ice as the specific hidden power? Mine came out to be dragon in the game/

You cant change the hidden power it got... Go with Dragon Pulse instead then ;3
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

I'm sorry but what is the point on baton pass for espeon. What ar enough passing? The screens? Which are passed just by switching. You may aswell have toxic or something.
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Also looking for female dream world moxie heracross and a miltank message me I have many dream world pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Rosez66 View Post
    I'm sorry but what is the point on baton pass for espeon. What ar enough passing? The screens? Which are passed just by switching. You may aswell have toxic or something.
    the point, is to scout. Quite often at the very beginning, there is going to be a switch, in this case, change out of their stealth rock setter (seeing it isn't about to setup SR) to something which threatens espeon. They may decide to attack or something first, but if you can baton pass when the opponent switches, you can bring out your counter to that pokemon, forcing another switch.

Also as mentioned, can help against pursuit users.
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Agito97 View Post
    Is there any way to get ice as the specific hidden power? Mine came out to be dragon in the game/
    In order to get hp ice, ivs should be one of the following, in the order of hp/attack/defense/special attack/special defense/speed:

31/31/31/31/31/30
    31/30/30/31/31/31
    30/30/30/31/31/31
    30/31/30/31/31/31

As for the rest of the team, it's pretty standard and can't say too much.

If you do decide to use a rock move like suggested by skydriver, use stone edge, but I wouldn't bother since you're good as is.

Would it be a good move to change out ditto for volcarona? I'm trying to build this team in-game and imposter ditto is near-impossible to get. If volcarona is a good switch what set do you guys recommend I should run?

Quote Originally Posted by Agito97 View Post
    Would it be a good move to change out ditto for volcarona? I'm trying to build this team in-game and imposter ditto is near-impossible to get. If volcarona is a good switch what set do you guys recommend I should run?
    Why Volcarona? Choice scarf ditto is a check for most offensive pokemon, and is your best one. If it leaves, you'll want a new way to beat +1 Dragonite, Gyarados, and opposing Salamence.

It might be better to run a different pokemon with a choice scarf. Terrakion, Landorus, Garchomp all work, or you could grab a Rotom-W with hidden power ice to make a Volt Turn core with Scizor and cover speed boosters at the same time.