Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everybody has shiny pokemon. Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It really just depends on how lucky you are. Most people who have around four or more shinies are the ones who deliberately search for them.
    Actually I have 6 or 7 shinies currently, but not counting the ones that got released or traded though. All from random encounters. I wouldn't say I'm lucky though, they're just the common ones. I EV train my Pokémon so maybe that's why.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Maybe it's because of the use of the reporter? It does remove the luck part, when the original intention of shinies is that they are supposed to be encountered through luck.
    According to whom? If the original intention was to acquire them through luck, why have they made it consistently easier and easier to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu View Post
    Look at all of the salty purists, lol. If RNG doesn't require any skill, then why do some of you very folks complain about it being so "complicated" to learn. If it doesn't require skill, please do show me some of your shinies/flawless Pokemon that you have obtained using mostly every known method in Generation 5. I'm also being generous since Generation 5 requires the least amount of skill when it comes to the basics like breeding or captures.

Glorious RNG master race. MM and Soft resets are the very textbook definition of luck, if you rely on luck to get you anywhere in life then you won't be getting very far. Skill based gameplay will reign supreme.
    I found it very hard to learn, to the point where I just gave up. I could care less about RNGing, I don't consider it hacking, and because it's so difficult, I would say that an RNG'd shiny is just as valuable as any other.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    According to whom? If the original intention was to acquire them through luck, why have they made it consistently easier and easier to get them?
    I did said "original". Though even now, it's still luck-based. Higher chance doesn't always means easier.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I did said "original". Though even now, it's still luck-based. Higher chance doesn't always means easier.
    I doubt the intention was for players to spend hours or days looking for shiny. They were just something thrown in to highlight the capabilities of the Gameboy Color, and as a treat for players, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I doubt the intention was for players to spend hours or days looking for shiny. They were just something thrown in to highlight the capabilities of the Gameboy Color, and as a treat for players, so to speak.
    Exactly, they are a surprise treat for players, hence the low chance. Encouraging people to spend days looking for them is what MM and Shiny Charm do, they are added for those who actually wants to do so. That's what I think about them.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Comes from the guy who proudly boasts that his shinies are more "legit" and make him "feel better" about all of his "hard work"
    yeah like we are the ones who are "full of ourselves"

btw it takes little to no skill to "hunt" lol.
    quote me one post where i have ever typed any of those things you've said please, because i guarantee you won't find a single one

I do appreciate the help thanks everyone I dont really have the patience for the 1000+ egg hatching.. that kinda sounds disgusting to me ._. lol besides i think id cherish a shiny more if it was just a random one instead of one i spent hours and hours trying to get.. But thats good to know im not the only one who hasnt encountered a shiny! My friend hasnt either but he doesnt play too much :/ ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthydeath View Post
    I do appreciate the help thanks everyone I dont really have the patience for the 1000+ egg hatching.. that kinda sounds disgusting to me ._. lol besides i think id cherish a shiny more if it was just a random one instead of one i spent hours and hours trying to get.. But thats good to know im not the only one who hasnt encountered a shiny! My friend hasnt either but he doesnt play too much :/ ah well
    yeah no problem you seem your more likely to learn to rng then if you really want shinies in one try but its your choice ^_^ also shine i was not disagreeing with him it was his friend i was simply explaining him how rnging works thats all he had no clue he said how to rng...

as for the fued of what shiny is legit or not and the ego boost of who is better disgust me guys...i find both method wonderful to do...there both hard work...it takes time to hatch eggs as well as it takes time to rng cuaz of the timer0...so i really don't understand the fued on that stuff...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 5th March 2013 at 6:10 AM.

its a combination of luck and as off gen 4 a method called the mesuda method i belive it is called it is when you get oh say a japanese pokemon for example and a pokemon from the usa(or what ever your game is native from) have them breed and then there is a semi-large chance of you getting a shiny baby pokeon
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    quote me one post where i have ever typed any of those things you've said please, because i guarantee you won't find a single one
    It's what happens on this forum. Some people can't argue effectively so they decide that they already know how intelligent you are, what you have and haven't done in the game, they like to decide on stuff that they think you are likely to say just to back up their silly little opinion that nobody cares about. What they forget to include is facts, actual quotes, evidence etc. Don't worry about it, just ignore people who do this.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Well, it does come down to luck in many cases. I often have random encounters. (Often as in twice a month, maybe)
    But people do that RNG-thing, or Pokeradar-abuse. (Like I do)

shiny hunting is really hard but i'm persistant. I have like 60 and i only been hunting since 2 years ago. Isnt that hard but can be frustrating though. Chaining is what im good at nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthydeath View Post
    Well, since the thread starter has replied, and I have a feeling this will eventually spawn yet another flame war between those who supports RNG abuse and those who are against it......

I think the discussion is is more than enough, I'll close this thread

Thread is pretty much answered anyway

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Just like the other thread, not "everyone" has shiny Pokemon. But Gen 4 and Gen 5 have introduced several game mechanics that make encountering shiny Pokemon easier, or at least less hard. Outside of RNG which is a huge time sink but a huge payoff, there is Masuda breeding (1/4000 chance in Gen 5, something like 1/2500 in Gen 5), chaining (Gen 4 Sinnoh only), Shiniing Charm (BW2 only), and some event Pokemon distributions have been set to always be shiny to such as some VGC events like Eevee and Milotic.
    also, for those who still haven't got any shiny and really want one without RNG and without having to worry about luck, in B2/W2 you are ensured to get a Shiny Haxorus when you complete Unova Dex, and you are also ensured to get a Shiny from Benga, provided you've defeated him in Black Tower/White Treehollow.

There's really no other answer than that, eventually people will just either repeat the same thing again and again, or people argue again about RNG abuse, which can turn into a flame war. So before someone argue again regarding RNG, I think it's better to close the thread.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123