Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do you think there are terrible Pokemon?

To balance it out, I guess. There's no fun if there aren't any negative stuff.

Every Pokemon has their good and bad points. If a Pokemon is though to be useless, then they should be compared to humans, who are not as strong as those Pokemon are. Also Pokemon are not tools. They are not there simply for the use of humans. Not just a Pokemon's power, but a Pokemon's intelligence and personality should also be considered.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

To add variety, it would be quite boring if every Pokemon was something uber powerful. Where is the fun if every Pokemon has almost the same stats?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Because there can't be strong Pokemon without weak Pokemon, you judge a Pokemon's power by its comparison to other Pokemon. Weedle would be legendary if all other Pokemon were magikarp.

I don't know if someone said this yet but in all honesty I think it's to balance the difficulty out by giving you weaker monsters to battle in the beginning and stronger ones later.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

For the sole purpose of trolling people.

^in platinum staraptor can be caught as early as it gets, and yet it's very good.

I am guessing they do so to create a sense of diversity among Pokemon, like the creatures around us. Very few species of animals in the real world (as compared to every species of animal) are considered useful for humans. Likewise for Pokemon. That is my opinion anyway.

Starly are the first Flying-types you can catch in Sinnoh, and they are very effective attackers. I have not seen any Normal/Flying types with the kind of power Staraptors (what they evolve into) wield (not even Braviary, my HM slave which I admit is very powerful, but falls short in its movepool).
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

people like to do sweeps and stuff also al lpokemon eve magikarp have potential

to have balance

there can be no good pokemon if there are no terrible pokemon that they can be compared to.
    the idea that "a certain pokemon is awesome" exists because there are actually pokemon that are terrible that it can be compared to.

let us say every other pokemon's stats is below Magikarp's and every pokemon can only do a tackle, then at that context Magikarp is the best pokemon.

edit: just read your first post.

Now that i know we have the same idea, I would now like to point out that this phenomena exists on Games that does not require Piloting Skills.
    We have to face it, we are growing up yet the series remains to be a 10 year old child.

even if we do nuzlocke challenges and other challenges, the idea still remains: Pokemon is more knowledged based than skill based.

we are growing up, the game isn't. just pointing out
    Last edited by CakeGuy; 7th April 2013 at 4:38 PM.

Every time you throw a Pokeball comes great responsibility

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234