Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animorphs

Default Animorphs

Does anyone remember this series?

To this day remains a sacred memory of the 90's for me.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I didn't read all of them, but I remember the series. Really was all the rage in the late '90s/early 2000s, I don't regret picking up several copies at the library. I don't remember a whole lot about them, though, except for the fact the children can turn into animals, they have an alien friend, they're fighting aliens, humans (specifically adults) are useless, and it was pretty violent for a children series. I still remember that one book where I believe it was Rachel who turned into a starfish, and then was cut in half by some kid's shovel. Yeah...

I don't know if I'll ever pick up a book and read it again in the future, but I might just for the nostalgia.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Love this series.
    I am so glad that they started re-releasing them in the kindle store. I've bought all the ones that they've re-released and im waiting for the next one.

I have been an animorphs fan for a long time, yet i have never read the last book, so i still have no clue how they beat the yeerks. Kinnda pathetic really.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I remember the series, and for a supposed "children's" book, I thought it was very dark and mature at times. Still, loved every bit of the books I that I managed to get my hands on, and I would not mind re-buying the series for my own children to read someday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoshinX03 View Post
    I remember the series, and for a supposed "children's" book, I thought it was very dark and mature at times. Still, loved every bit of the books I that I managed to get my hands on, and I would not mind re-buying the series for my own children to read someday.
    Don't. They are free on e book

http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/1/

and for a children's series I agree, extremely mature themes (death, extreme violence, moral ambiguity, enslavement of the worst sort). Especially late in the series when Jake had to make some pretty drastic calls. I.E: Venting the pool ship and killing thousands of defenseless Yeerks. or sending his cousin to die.

I was a little miffed about how the series ended though.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 4th March 2013 at 8:40 PM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Don't. They are free on e book

http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/1/

and for a children's series I agree, extremely mature themes (death, extreme violence, moral ambiguity, enslavement of the worst sort). Especially late in the series when Jake had to make some pretty drastic calls. I.E: Venting the pool ship and killing thousands of defenseless Yeerks. or sending his cousin to die.

I was a little miffed about how the series ended though.
    I dont suppose this is legal...but i hope to god that is is.

And i agree, the one thing that stands out to me was when they had to let the yeerk in Jake die. And the whole thing with Marco's mom, and Elfangor.
    but the real home run is the battle between Crayak and the Ellimist, and for anyone who has read the Ellimist chronicles, it is pretty heavy.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I dont suppose this is legal...but i hope to god that is is.

And i agree, the one thing that stands out to me was when they had to let the yeerk in Jake die. And the whole thing with Marco's mom, and Elfangor.
    but the real home run is the battle between Crayak and the Ellimist, and for anyone who has read the Ellimist chronicles, it is pretty heavy.
    I don't see anything wrong with it. i read through all of them using that and never had any issues. Much easier than ebay or whatever you have to do to find those books now. Its part of an animorphs forum.

and yeah, the ellmist and crayak battle was very confusing and heavy at times. What I am wondering is if "The One" shown at the very end of the series was the power than chased crayak from his original galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I still remember that one book where I believe it was Rachel who turned into a starfish, and then was cut in half by some kid's shovel.
    I have to ask, when would turning into a starfish actually have been helpful, anyway?

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I have to ask, when would turning into a starfish actually have been helpful, anyway?
    She lost an earring in a tidepool and couldn't reach it, so she did that to try and get it back. Got chopped in half and ended up with a double when she demorphed. One was nice, one was really mean. That was a strange book

omg. i nearly forgot about this. i was speaking with a friend about a year ago about this book series and i never finished them all so i asked him how it ended. when he told me i was absolutely depressed and kinda ruined my childhood a bit D:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friend Safari Pokemon: Dunsparce, Loudred and Ditto
    Seeking Lapras, Luxio, Sliggo, Mightyena, Ditto and many more!
    Pokemon FC: 0791-2428-5361

Got chopped in half and ended up with a double when she demorphed.book
    ...I guess cloning from something that would kill most things can be useful.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Oh yeah I remember these books. I stopped reading them tho around number hmmm I can't rember which one but I stopped cause I grew out of them I quess. I think two I read ws when Tobias found about his parentage and the one when Cassie befriend the yeekk. That ending was touching in way about how yeekks are nauraly blind and even tho taking over being mind so that they could see; does make you think what life is like for them.

I'm 23 now, I went back and read them. I'm surprised at how mature they are. I was able to better understand a lot about the series due to my experiences that I did not have at a younger age. I don't think you really can grow out of them.

I'm 23 now, I went back and read them. I'm surprised at how mature they are. I was able to better understand a lot about the series due to my experiences that I did not have at a younger age. I don't think you really can grow out of them.
    Same here, and thanks for the tip. When a series is that good, regardless of the age group it was intended for, it winds up sticking with you no matter how old you get. I actually got a chance to read how the series ended, and I'm with you as far as being annoyed. Still though, it's a great and highly recommended read.

Quote Originally Posted by GoshinX03 View Post
    Same here, and thanks for the tip. When a series is that good, regardless of the age group it was intended for, it winds up sticking with you no matter how old you get. I actually got a chance to read how the series ended, and I'm with you as far as being annoyed. Still though, it's a great and highly recommended read.
    Yup. If they were going to end the story series, a cliffhanger ending with "Ram the blade ship" is a terrible way to end it.

You know, after reading a few posts here about how much people were angry about the ending, I figured I might as well bring this up. The author herself actually wrote a letter to her readers about the final book and the message she was trying to get out. Even though I pretty much got everything about the ending ruined for myself because I never stuck to the end, her explanation about why it ended the way it did makes a lot of sense. I don't know how many of you have read her letter (it was so long ago, back in 2001), but here's the link to her letter.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You know, after reading a few posts here about how much people were angry about the ending, I figured I might as well bring this up. The author herself actually wrote a letter to her readers about the final book and the message she was trying to get out. Even though I pretty much got everything about the ending ruined for myself because I never stuck to the end, her explanation about why it ended the way it did makes a lot of sense. I don't know how many of you have read her letter (it was so long ago, back in 2001), but here's the link to her letter.
    Wow...just read the letter, thanks for posting it. Just goes to show an old dog still has a few tricks to learn. It actually makes a lot of sense, and I'm a bit ashamed at myself for not realizing that aspect of her story sooner. Do I still wish it ended slightly different, of course. But, after reading that letter, I have a new appreciation for the ending. Makes a lot more sense now lol.

Oh man, I was in LOVE with this series as a kid. I don't remember too much about it, but it's still a nostalgic thing for me nonetheless. I think I might have one of the books still lying around somewhere, maybe I'll pick it up and read it again someday.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

i remember these. great books. They made a TV show adaptation that didnt last to long

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    i remember these. great books. They made a TV show adaptation that didnt last to long

B
    yeah, the TV show wasn't very good. Special effects and alien models were LOLbad. Would have liked to see it with today's technology though....

as for that letter, I get why she ended it the way she did, sure I wish it had a happy ending, but I get the reality she was going for.

yeah, the TV show wasn't very good. Special effects and alien models were LOLbad. Would have liked to see it with today's technology though....

as for that letter, I get why she ended it the way she did, sure I wish it had a happy ending, but I get the reality she was going for.
    Here's an example of the show for anyone who cares.

And yeah, i would love to see this with newer graphics, and seeing as they are re-releasing them into ebook, i cant help but wonder why they made that decision....exept to make more money, but one can hope that is would be to hype us up for a new tv series.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Here's an example of the show for anyone who cares.

And yeah, i would love to see this with newer graphics, and seeing as they are re-releasing them into ebook, i cant help but wonder why they made that decision....exept to make more money, but one can hope that is would be to hype us up for a new tv series.
    I doubt it. The only ebooks I have seen are the free ones from the Animorphs forum. I don't think they are every doing anything with the series again

I doubt it. The only ebooks I have seen are the free ones from the Animorphs forum. I don't think they are every doing anything with the series again
    No, they started releasing them on kindle ebook recently, decked out with new covers and everything http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=animorphs and they put the first one in paperback and when you turn it Jake changes from human to lizard, its pretty cool.
    #AlphaSapphire

Watched a couple of the shows. Really off from the books.

and its really funny how obvious it is that the Andalites are guys in costumes
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 7th March 2013 at 12:49 AM.

What I wouldn't give to see this as a mini-series or a trilogy of movies directed by JJ Abrams.

The series dealt with some pretty deep stuff. The David mini-arc? The auxiliary Animorphs?

The stories of Tobias and Marco are enough to warrant a movie, imo.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast