Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog

I have been a fan of Sonic for years, so when I saw Sonic Dash for iPhone, I downloaded it immediately. It's actually pretty fun, despite being based on Temple Run. Is it me, or is every rip-off of Temple Run BETTER than Temple Run itself?
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I do. It was a pretty fun game. I really liked Emrl. ...Is it true that the robot in Sonic Advance 3 is a remake of Emrl?
    I think its true. I have actually never played Sonic Battle, so I can't really say anything about it. But I have an emulator, so I should probably get around to doing that. I recently played some Generations and I have to say, I hate Modern Planet Wisp, its just too long, to frustrating, and has barely any 3d segments past the opening part. It got me so frustrated that I had to replay rooftop Run ( I had all the red rings though.) Btw, Rooftop Run, Speed highway, and city Escape are my 3 favorite Modern levels and my 3 favorite classic levels are City Escape, Green hill, and Chemical Plant.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I think its true. I have actually never played Sonic Battle, so I can't really say anything about it. But I have an emulator, so I should probably get around to doing that. I recently played some Generations and I have to say, I hate Modern Planet Wisp, its just too long, to frustrating, and has barely any 3d segments past the opening part. It got me so frustrated that I had to replay rooftop Run ( I had all the red rings though.) Btw, Rooftop Run, Speed highway, and city Escape are my 3 favorite Modern levels and my 3 favorite classic levels are City Escape, Green hill, and Chemical Plant.
    My favourite levels are Classic Sky Sanctuary and Modern Seaside Hill, because of the ridiculous amount of alternate paths they have.

Anyway, the IOS/Android Remaster of Sonic 1 will be out this month. A video shows that the spindash is indeed present, the camera and frame rate are improved and the bosses are tweaked to run in widescreen. There's even a few graphical updates (check out the wrecking ball!). Music isn't done yet though.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Anyway, the IOS/Android Remaster of Sonic 1 will be out this month. A video shows that the spindash is indeed present, the camera and frame rate are improved and the bosses are tweaked to run in widescreen. There's even a few graphical updates (check out the wrecking ball!). Music isn't done yet though.
    Spin Dash is an interesting addition, but for the most part, I'm tired of seeing ports of the Classics, there's not really much they can do to improve them without completely remaking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Spin Dash is an interesting addition, but for the most part, I'm tired of seeing ports of the Classics, there's not really much they can do to improve them without completely remaking them.
    I think it would be nice to see Sonic Team attempt an official version of Sonic 2 HD for the 5 classic games (damn it is a shame that project fell through). Other than that, the point isn't to improve the game, its just to have it running on something more accessible. If you're happy with your old copy you can ignore ports.
    Will-Powered Spriter

I think it would be nice to see Sonic Team attempt an official version of Sonic 2 HD for the 5 classic games (damn it is a shame that project fell through). Other than that, the point isn't to improve the game, its just to have it running on something more accessible. If you're happy with your old copy you can ignore ports.
    It's also cashing in on nostalgia. I just want to see a new Sonic game.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Right, rules say its only bumping if its over a month, so I think I'm just about alright to post.

In a week Sega of Japan will be releasing Sonic 1 for 3DS as a 3D classic (I assume the rest of the world will get it later). It has several added features like switching between the US and japanese versions (basically this just amounts to minor graphical changes), enhanced audio options and the spin dash. It does not however have the features to be added in the android widescreen port because it's apparent that Sega of Japan decided to make a port and Sega of America decided to make a port and neither side told the other.

So take your pick: Widescreen and time attack or 3D and audio options. Or just play the original I guess. You can do that too.

(No, there's still no actual new game.)
    Will-Powered Spriter

I'd rather have the Japanese version. Because I would like to see a version of Sonic 1 with a spin dash that ISN'T completely butchered *coughSonicGenesiscough* Also, the audio options sound awesome.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Right, rules say its only bumping if its over a month, so I think I'm just about alright to post.

In a week Sega of Japan will be releasing Sonic 1 for 3DS as a 3D classic (I assume the rest of the world will get it later). It has several added features like switching between the US and japanese versions (basically this just amounts to minor graphical changes), enhanced audio options and the spin dash. It does not however have the features to be added in the android widescreen port because it's apparent that Sega of Japan decided to make a port and Sega of America decided to make a port and neither side told the other.

So take your pick: Widescreen and time attack or 3D and audio options. Or just play the original I guess. You can do that too.

(No, there's still no actual new game.)
    Wow, I might consider getting this. I've never actually played the original, and it seems like the kind of game that would be great to play on a 3DS.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Wow, I might consider getting this. I've never actually played the original, and it seems like the kind of game that would be great to play on a 3DS.
    I will stick to the original when they re-release Sonic R or something like that I will be all on that.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Meh, this barely even qualifies as a remake, it doesn't seem like they did anything significant to it besides add Spin Dash. There's no point in rushing out to get this when it's basically the same game that's been rereleased 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    when they re-release Sonic R or something like that I will be all on that.
    Sonic R is pathetically short, a straight port wouldn't even be worth it. It'd need like, at least quadruple the amount of content the original has.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Meh, this barely even qualifies as a remake, it doesn't seem like they did anything significant to it besides add Spin Dash. There's no point in rushing out to get this when it's basically the same game that's been rereleased 5 times.

Sonic R is pathetically short, a straight port wouldn't even be worth it. It'd need like, at least quadruple the amount of content the original has.
    I know I still love that game. If they did Sonic the fighters on Arcade for PS3 and 360 they can do Sonic R in my opinion.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

You know, I don't know if anyone here agrees with me or not, but I think it'd be awesome if they used some of the Archie Sonic Comic characters in a game. I mean, there are SO many good characters AND scenarios in the comics that you could actually make a GOOD Sonic RPG out of it all. (Sonic Chronicles was just OK. It was a good try for a Sonic RPG; it wasn't bad, but it could've been better.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    You know, I don't know if anyone here agrees with me or not, but I think it'd be awesome if they used some of the Archie Sonic Comic characters in a game.
    I don't think Sega has really considered them canon characters, to be honest... I could be wrong, though, since Archie Comics would had to have gotten the rights to use the characters, perhaps.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't think Sega has really considered them canon characters, to be honest... I could be wrong, though, since Archie Comics would had to have gotten the rights to use the characters, perhaps.
    They did, at one point, consider Princess Sally to be cannon as she appears in Sonic CD as the maiden in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorupix View Post
    They did, at one point, consider Princess Sally to be cannon as she appears in Sonic CD as the maiden in distress.
    You sure? The animated series came out September 18, 1993, and Sonic CD was released September 23, 1993. Unless they were both in collaboration with each other, I don't think that was the case. They did re-release the game a couple of years later and a few more times ten years later, but the sources I'm looking up do not mention Sally ever being in the game. Now this was the introduction to Amy, though, and she was the damsel in distress. So perhaps that's who you're referencing?
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You sure? The animated series came out September 18, 1993, and Sonic CD was released September 23, 1993. Unless they were both in collaboration with each other, I don't think that was the case. They did re-release the game a couple of years later and a few more times ten years later, but the sources I'm looking up do not mention Sally ever being in the game. Now this was the introduction to Amy, though, and she was the damsel in distress. So perhaps that's who you're referencing?
    In the English-language manual of Sonic CD for the Sega CD, Amy Rose is credited as Princess Sally, in an attempt to support the SatAM TV series (though the PC version and all later games called her Amy).

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I will stick to the original when they re-release Sonic R or something like that I will be all on that.
    They did re-released Sonic R as part of Sonic Gem Collection for the PS2 and Game Cube, beside Sonic R isn't worth owning as the game is short, control aren't perfect and Sonic and Knuckles are the only characters that will always win races as the game favour them. Its only redeeming quality is the fact that the music is good.

You know, I don't know if anyone here agrees with me or not, but I think it'd be awesome if they used some of the Archie Sonic Comic characters in a game.
    I would rather if they didn't as the Archie Sonic Comic are nothing more than fan fiction.

I mean, there are SO many good characters AND scenarios in the comics that you could actually make a GOOD Sonic RPG out of it all. (Sonic Chronicles was just OK. It was a good try for a Sonic RPG; it wasn't bad, but it could've been better.)
    Sonic games don't translate well into the RPG gameplay as Sonic Chronicles proved.

Do you have any evidence to back that statement up?

In the English-language manual of Sonic CD for the Sega CD, Amy Rose is credited as Princess Sally, in an attempt to support the SatAM TV series (though the PC version and all later games called her Amy).
    Means nothing what so ever.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDmiB2lNLRQ
    Here's your proof. Go to 2:44
    A youtube video, that by the way didn't even bother to state were they got the source, is no better than Wikipedia.

That doesn't support your argument that Sega at one point considered Princess Sally to be cannon as it's only in the US version of the manual, when the game was developed in Japan and was later changed all future release of the game.

They properly did it just to trying and promote the show and the game which backfired as "Princess Sally" in the game looked nothing like the Princess Sally in the cartoon.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Lets keep sonics name alive!

I'll be honest as ever. I don't care about Sonic games much because the rings thing just really annoys me. After awhile I gave up on the one game I had and gave it to my sister. She then looked up how others beat it. The only game I did play with ease is Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic games...if that even counts.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

My Generations file started over, but I do fine it a pleasure to play it again. I going to S rank Modern Crisis City again. *pumped up*

BTW, I like to play the Green Forest music where you have to escape before the island blows up to be great with the level. To make the thread have some purpose, what are your favorite Sonic songs?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    My Generations file started over, but I do fine it a pleasure to play it again. I going to S rank Modern Crisis City again. *pumped up*

BTW, I like to play the Green Forest music where you have to escape before the island blows up to be great with the level. To make the thread have some purpose, what are your favorite Sonic songs?
    In no particular order:
    Big Arm (Generations)
    Crisis City (Any incarnation of it)
    Chaos Angel
    Star Light Zone
    Knight of the Wind
    Sunset Hill Zone
    Aquarium Park
    Rooftop Run
    Doomsday

Also, the Sonic 1 Widescreen android/ios remaster is out either today or tomorrow depending on your region and platform. It included tweaked bosses (because widescreen), graphical fixes, a remastered soundtrack, optional spin dash, and your choice of Sonic, Tails, S&T or Knuckles to play as and apparently lots of easter eggs.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    To make the thread have some purpose, what are your favorite Sonic songs?
    As I've mentioned around one of my first posts here, I'm not a Sonic fan, I've played very few games at the most. However, what I've always liked about the Sonic games is the music. Such freakin' amazing songs, even the rock songs. But I don't know the titles of the majority of them, and even then I can't pick my top favorites. Obviously, Green Hill Zone is a classic, and I love it, I always perk up whenever it plays. But if I really had to choose like right now, then I'll have to pick "Live and Learn", tied with "I Am All of Me", oh my goodness, both pieces are freaking epic.
    I survived Pupa.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast