Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog

Get rid of the boost.

Doesn't belong in the game anyway.

What? No. Boost is an integral part of the system.

Just give them their own style of gameplay. Like in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What? No. Boost is an integral part of the system.

Just give them their own style of gameplay. Like in other games.
    Just like the spin dash was but look at that.

I agree that the Boost isn't needed, isn't he fast enough as is?

Boost = Noob Button.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    My fear that the 3DS won't be 3D style. I really want to see it on the 3DS. Side scrolling is okay but it too much in Sonic games now. Even half of modern levels are in 2D.
    Generations 3DS had some small 2.5D sections in it, we could possibly see a bit more of it in this game. I'm more annoyed that they made a 3DS in the first place, they haven't made an original title for handheld games in years, just dumbed down versions of the main games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I agree that the Boost isn't needed, isn't he fast enough as is?

Boost = Noob Button.
    Depends on how its used. In unleashed it is pretty much that, you hold it and you can blast through the level. However more recently they've got better at implementing it; you hold boost on a later level on Sonic Generations you miss 3 short cuts and fall in a pit. It's slowly getting to the point where only people who have practised the level can hold boost and still end up where they want to be.

But yeah, if they tone it down the should be able to reach a speed at which the other characters are playable. Maybe have instead of a boost gage, the boost is a temporary power up, like speed shoes?
    Will-Powered Spriter

I'm just saying, why not bring the spin dash back. It seems more practical in the long run. Spinning and destroying the enemies seems more attack like than boosting through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm just saying, why not bring the spin dash back. It seems more practical in the long run. Spinning and destroying the enemies seems more attack like than boosting through them.
    I'd guess since it seems harder to program in 3D? The mechanics for it always seemed very off on the Sonic Adventure series.

That said, Sega makes the mnokey ball series so I'm sure they could borrow the physics from that.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Apparently the new game will feature new gameplay and enemies, and it will bring back some of the old friends as well as new. That's...nice i guess? Not really solid info or mind blowing but i guess more than what nintendo direct said

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Apparently the new game will feature new gameplay and enemies, and it will bring back some of the old friends as well as new. That's...nice i guess?
    That's not what I saw in the article. "Same" does not necessary mean "old" friends will return. Otherwise Mighty the Armadillo, Ray the Flying Squirrel, or Bark the Polar Bear are candidates to return after so many years of obscurity.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Apparently the new game will feature new gameplay and enemies, and it will bring back some of the old friends as well as new. That's...nice i guess? Not really solid info or mind blowing but i guess more than what nintendo direct said
    Sounds like a generic PR answer. We would've expected that anyway.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Sounds like a generic PR answer. We would've expected that anyway.
    Yeah wasn't really anything, but i guess it can feed the imagination til E3. Really curious with how they left us hanging >.<

RIP Ice Grabbers

So it's possible that 3rd Sonic game might be a Mario and Sonic crossover racing game.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/...-karting-game/
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    So it's possible that 3rd Sonic game might be a Mario and Sonic crossover racing game.

Oh yeah, i saw about that too. Not sure how i feel about that, since I'd want the new mario kart game to be on its own. If this were a separate game and mario kart U still happened then okay, but then you have 2 notable games competing against each other when they're practically aiming for the same gameplay and concept. Plus, how would mario's karts compare to the sonic karts....kinda weird. I'd rather just have them throw sonic into mario kart and be done with it, or mario into all stars racing, wouldnt be a full fledged crossover but close enough

RIP Ice Grabbers

*sighs* Another kart game? I'm glad it might be a crossover but why couldn't it be an adventure game with a good crossover story instead? I think Sega and Nintendo should do that, not complaining
    just..tired of Kart games. I just finished Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and now another racing game...sheesh lol

As long as the game isn't dominated by items as Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and the first All Stars Racing game seem to be. That really ruins the game for me.

I'd rather have another Riders game, though. Except, you know, not bogged down by terrible gravity mechanics or wonky Kinect controls. Shame, the gameplay formula has a lot more potential to be a unique and fun racing series.

As long as the game isn't dominated by items as Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and the first All Stars Racing game seem to be. That really ruins the game for me.

I'd rather have another Riders game, though. Except, you know, not bogged down by terrible gravity mechanics or wonky Kinect controls. Shame, the gameplay formula has a lot more potential to be a unique and fun racing series.
    Yeah those items are pretty annoying, and i don't mind the riders series much either but i agree that there's so much potential that they keep wasting on it to the point that i don't really trust them with another one lol

RIP Ice Grabbers

Just a rumor, if there's no proof there's no point is discussion as it will be off topic and go around in circles.

A bit worried at what they mean by new gameplay. I hope they don't drastically change what they have though bringing back the other play styles from the other characters in the Adventure series would please me.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    A bit worried at what they mean by new gameplay. I hope they don't drastically change what they have though bringing back the other play styles from the other characters in the Adventure series would please me.
    They won't be getting my money if that's true.

But I don't think even they would be that stupid. Not after their last attempt (the Werehog) was universally panned by pretty much everyone who's ever played the game.

As long as the game isn't dominated by items as Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, ...
    I may not be the one that likes being Blue Shelled, but items really made Mario Kart games fun. In fact, I like Double Dash the best since you had character items.

If you want a more serious racer, try F-Zero/X/GX. Any of the three games are fine.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I may not be the one that likes being Blue Shelled, but items really made Mario Kart games fun. In fact, I like Double Dash the best since you had character items.

If you want a more serious racer, try F-Zero/X/GX. Any of the three games are fine.
    I agree with this. Part of the reason why I enjoy Mario kart/DoubleDash/Sonic All stars was because of the items. It's like a super smash bros on wheels lol, they make the game
    more hectic and less about being plain driving. When it comes to games like these I don't take them too seriously so items add to my enjoyment of having randomness happen.
    Who doesn't like knocking everyone out of their way with a Star power up or barrage of red shells?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    The items are tolerable in multiplayer with your friends, because then it's all for fun. It's annoying as hell in Grand Prix mode, though, because the CPU players barrage the hell out of you with items, and turns what is supposed to be a test of racing skill into a giant game of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    I agree with this. Part of the reason why I enjoy Mario kart/DoubleDash/Sonic All stars was because of the items. It's like a super smash bros on wheels lol, they make the game
    more hectic and less about being plain driving. When it comes to games like these I don't take them too seriously so items add to my enjoyment of having randomness happen.
    Who doesn't like knocking everyone out of their way with a Star power up or barrage of red shells?
    Speaking of Smash Bros., Mario Kart should take a page from Brawl and allow items to be toggled. I don't mind the occasional Blue Shell in a Mario Kart game, but many of the items added in recent games (POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Bullet Bill, etc.) have taken the game's luck element to a ridiculous extreme.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 28th May 2013 at 1:47 AM.

Hopes for Lost World:
    Tails and Knuckles are Playable Charaters

Other Sonic news:
    Sonic Blast and Sonic Labarirah we be on the Eshop

The items are tolerable in multiplayer with your friends, because then it's all for fun. It's annoying as hell in Grand Prix mode, though, because the CPU players barrage the hell out of you with items, and turns what is supposed to be a test of racing skill into a giant game of luck.

Speaking of Smash Bros., Mario Kart should take a page from Brawl and allow items to be toggled. I don't mind the occasional Blue Shell in a Mario Kart game, but many of the items added in recent games (POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Bullet Bill, etc.) have taken the game's luck element to a ridiculous extreme.
    Allow items to be toggled? That is a great idea except I can see people exposing that by collecting as many red shells and green shells as possible then throwing them all over the track at once...yikes. I agree about the
    POW Block and Mega Mushroom, the bullet bill i couldn't even control and it doesn't last too long so i'm okay with that item.

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/sonic-los...-coming-may-29

Gasp. Wonder who they are.

Villains? Good guys? I'm going with villains, because Sonic is kind of predictable like that.

Gee, I wonder which one is the girl.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 23rd May 2013 at 9:18 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast