Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog

My first sonic was adventure 2.Took a few years to beat it because I didn't know about Knuckle's underwater thing.
    your sig is too tall, read the sig rules and use the sig check thread when in doubt.

Adventure 2 was the first one I played, then I moved to Heroes and Sonic Battle. Tried Sonic Chronicles, couldn't get into it, a pretty bad RPG IMO.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I kind of started out in a weird way with the series.

My friend convinced me to buy Sonic Riders and later Shadow the Hedgehog.

I started out in the good-ol Genesis days, with Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis being my first. Kind of the same with Pokemon.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Sonic Jam for the Game.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Sonic Jam for the Game.com.
    ...Really?

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I started with Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, then Sonic Adventure 2 on the same console.

After this Sonic Heroes, Sonic 1, 2 and 3 (megacollection), Shadow The Hedgehog, Secret Rings, Unleashed, 2006, Generations.

It roughly went in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    ...Really?
    Is there something wrong with that? Seriously, stop bullying.

I have only play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle fully and Sonic 06 parcially and I enjoy both, Sonic 06 is one of those games that are so bas they are good, so yeah I actually like the game

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

...Really?
    Yes.

And from what I've seen, it is probably one of the worst Sonic games ever. Even without the ghosting, it's pretty sparse.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Is there something wrong with that? Seriously, stop bullying.
    No, I was just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Yes.

And from what I've seen, it is probably one of the worst Sonic games ever. Even without the ghosting, it's pretty sparse.
    I hear the Game.Com overall was a pretty bad console. I do remember that it has two game-slots and a touch screen, but the games for it are mostly awful from what I know.
    Last edited by MugoUrth; 15th March 2013 at 2:34 PM.

Hm, my first was the good ol' Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Genesis. And like many people, the Chemical Plant's water part became one of my earlier gaming rage moments. Even though in hindsight, it doesn't seem like it was THAT hard... how times change.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

My Friend Safari is horribly underwhelming, being a Fighting Safari with Machoke, Sawk, and Hariyama.

I hear the Game.Com overall was a pretty bad console. I do remember that it has two game-slots and a touch screen, but the games for it are mostly awful from what I know.
    The Game.Com had some interesting features (i.e. those that you mentioned), but it had rather poor specs, was very large (and decently heavy as a portable gaming system goes, I think) and, as mentioned, suffered very heavily from ghosting, meaning that moving pictures would cause it to blur heavily if they went too fast, causing games to be very difficult to play.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

That system is probably the reason I have to wear glasses.

Good ol' SA2 was my first Sonic game. come to think of it, it was the first game I ever played. I still love it, but I've definitely noticed a few flaws over the years, but its aged a LOT better than Hereoes has. Don't get me wrong, Heroes is a decent game, but its VERY tedious and VERY repetitive.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Neither of them have aged well. Heroes aged better and the problems it faced when it came out are virtually exactly the same problems it still faces now in hindsight. SA2 was linear and you were forced to play game styles you might not have necessarily wanted to.
    [img]http://i37.*******.com/kaqkj7.jpg[/img]
    Nostalgic banner made by Team Brushfire (probably not even an active member anymore)
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Neither of them have aged well. Heroes aged better and the problems it faced when it came out are virtually exactly the same problems it still faces now in hindsight. SA2 was linear and you were forced to play game styles you might not have necessarily wanted to.
    At least SA2 had only 4 styles, 2 of which, imo, worked well. SA1 had 6 styles, 2 or 3 of which sucked, and you HAD to play them, but Sa1 is still regarded as a good game. Sa2 is still a good game imo. It's not "THA BEST GAME EVAR!1!!1!!!1!" like some fanobys say, but its still enjoyable to me. Linearity isn't always a bad thing though. I get that the old 2d games and Adventure had some nonlinear paths, but SA2 had a couple of them also in a sense. Sequence breaking Final Rush (or whatever the Hero's final level was) is an example. But hey, to each their own preferences.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    At least SA2 had only 4 styles, 2 of which, imo, worked well. SA1 had 6 styles, 2 or 3 of which sucked, and you HAD to play them, but Sa1 is still regarded as a good game. Sa2 is still a good game imo. It's not "THA BEST GAME EVAR!1!!1!!!1!" like some fanobys say, but its still enjoyable to me. Linearity isn't always a bad thing though. I get that the old 2d games and Adventure had some nonlinear paths, but SA2 had a couple of them also in a sense. Sequence breaking Final Rush (or whatever the Hero's final level was) is an example. But hey, to each their own preferences.
    Except in SA2 in you had to play the other gameplay styles to unlock all the Sonic and Shadow levels. At least in SA1 you could play the Sonic and Tails stories without having to play any of the others.
    Last edited by Ampy; 16th March 2013 at 10:47 PM.

The non-sonic levels aren't a flaw in the sonic adventure games. They are the point of the game. Now you can feel free to critique how well they are executed*, but you should go into the games being aware that they aren't traditional* sonic gameplay all the time.

*probably a lot of critique to be had there too.
    Last edited by Zazie; 16th March 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Honestly the OP's attention seeking has really gone into overdrive recently.
    Best Signature Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    The non-sonic levels aren't a flaw in the sonic adventure games. They are the point of the game. Now you can feel free to critique how well they are executed*, but you should go into the games being aware that they aren't traditional* sonic gameplay all the time.

*probably a lot of critique to be had there too
    While for the most part I agree, I have to seriously question who on Sonic Team thought it would be a good idea to put Big's fishing levels into a Sonic game. Things like Knuckles/Rouge, Amy, and E102/Tails/Eggman levels aren't THAT bad, but Big's... well, they just seem to be a major anomaly in terms of gameplay.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

My Friend Safari is horribly underwhelming, being a Fighting Safari with Machoke, Sawk, and Hariyama.

I assume SEGA figured multiple people would play the game at the same time. When I first played adventure, me and my brother split up who was gonna do who's story. Worked out pretty well that way.

I assume SEGA figured multiple people would play the game at the same time. When I first played adventure, me and my brother split up who was gonna do who's story. Worked out pretty well that way.
    That's a neat idea, but I figure a lot of people would still make their own save files. It certainly would have helped me though, since when we first got Adventure DX we didn't have a Memory Card for like a month or so >.>

Pokemon Global LinkMy Games
    Fairywitch made the Fizzy Bubbles icon & the three banners with white-haired women || Dwlr made the one with text

Perhaps. Though the completionist in me could've never settled for that, the pathological need to do EVERYTHING in the game is too consuming!

It's an interesting assumption though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Except in SA2 in you had to play the other gameplay styles to unlock all the Sonic and Shadow levels. At least in SA1 you could play the Sonic and Tails stories without having to play any of the others.
    You're actually wrong about that. In order to unlock the Last Story in SA1, you ad to beat everybody's stories including the ones you didn't like. So having to play all the gameplay styles was present in both Adventure titles. Although I think we can agree that the driving stages in SA2 and the Big stages of SA1 were definitely one of the worst parts of those respective games.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

The hunting stages were the worst in SA2. The first couple of stages are manageable, but the rest are a pain in the ass.

I don't know why the hell they thought it was a good idea to nerf the radar. Being able to help you locate all 3 shards at once made the hunting stages in SA1 much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 17th March 2013 at 4:42 PM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast