Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does BW stand in your favourite pokemon games?

Default Where does BW stand in your favourite pokemon games?

Was BW your favourite game? Or did you find it not as interesting as the others? Please share your constructive opinions on BW

Personally, I thought it was the strongest plot wise, owever i thought the post game was a little bit rushed, And it was a bit disappointing how there were hardly any Pokemon from past generations (however BW2 fixed that problem)
    Last edited by *futachimaru*; 1st April 2013 at 3:52 PM.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

At the moment I probably would rank them as my favourite Pokémon games. Simply for the fact I've achieved so much more in these games than previous versions, and I'm always playing BW every day at the moment, something I can't say about the others.
    Although I must admit learning to RNG has been a big part of this, and I fully intend to learn Gen 3 and 4 RNG so I can go back to those and get the legendary's from those games, so my opinion might change once I've replayed all the old games

My story's kinda like MSK's

I began rng'ing and all competetive aspects on BW, and the story was the best.
    BW is probably my favorite
    My pokemon game rankings kinda go like this

BW>BW2/SS>Platinum>LG>Emerald
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Silver/SoulSilver is always going to be my top favorite (in terms of enjoyability), but B/W has shot up there pretty quick due to how they attempted new tactics with the game, and actually succeeded. I'd say it's tied in second place with Yellow. Story-wise, it's the best of the entire series, unless X/Y manages to trump it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

At the very bottom (not counting the originals). The new Pokemon are too much like the old Pokemon for the whole "fresh start" idea to mean anything, and the game is riddled with problems in region layout and pacing (way too linear and clustered, no sense of exploration, and the wild Pokemon and trainer pacing is just way off). Also, they removed some game mechanics that shouldn't have been removed in the first place, like the Vs. Seeker.

I'd rank it somewhere like this:

HGSS>Platinum>RSE>DP>FRLG>BW2>BW
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th March 2013 at 2:34 AM.

It's pretty low on my list. I liked it, of course, but I was very bored with it after my first playthrough and did not have any desire to replay it or get the other version. I got the White version because I wanted Zekrom, but after I completed the storyline mode I was very bored with it. Nothing to really do afterwords. I had always planned to do another playthrough but I didn't. I like gen 5 it was a good generation and Unova was nice, but I wasn't crazy about it. But it did bring me Skyla so that alone deserves a good word.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Black and White are probably second on my list behind FR/LG. B/W really brought my interest back to Pokemon after what I found to be the horrible games that were HG/SS.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

B/W to me was by far the game with the most thought put into. The storyline was a huge upgrade from previous titles. I mean, who makes a plot about liberating Pokemon? The graphics and sounds were not as memorable as those of Generation III but to extend were very well made. The Pokemon were alright. I'm actually neutral to Garbodor and Vanilluxe. There was some good designs in B/W. Braviary, Durant, and Hydreigon were quite creative. The games were actually original but, I feel a bit of bitterness was added in both the story and Pokemon.
    My game standing: R/S/E<FR/LG<D/P/P<B2/W2<B/W<HG/SS (Did not include the first 2 Generations but, if I were to, they would be added after HG/SS.)
    I liked all the games and while I don't hate HG/SS, I just found it bland.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

My top faves:
    1. D/P/Plat
    2. R/S/E
    3. LG/FR/R/B/Y
    4. B/W + second version
    5. G/S/C/HG/SS

Yes, I dont really like Johto.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I'm not going to lie, White is my favourite Pokemon game, along with Platinum and Crystal. The areas were memorable, the Pokemon were great, and it introduced two of favourite characters in the main series (Hilda and N <3). Though BW2 was “better” in most ways, I didn't have the same enjoyment playing it for the first time, as I had when playing White for the first time.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Here's my ranking. The first one being the best, and the last for being my least favorite but not the worst one. All of these are great games.

Story-wise:
    BW - B2W2 - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG - GSC/HGSS

Gameplay-wise:
    B2W2 - BW - GSC/HGSS - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG

Region-wise:
    RSE - GSC/HGSS - DPPt - B2W2 - RBY/FRLG - BW

Music-wise:
    B2W2 - GSC/HGSS - BW - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG

Overall:
    XY - RSE - B2W2 - GSC/HGSS - DPPt - RBY/FRLG - BW

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

For me, out of the games I've played:

Red
    P
    HG
    BW
    BW2 and Platinum
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Here's my list:

1) HGSS Perfect games, even if the story could've been a bit better.
    2) BW/BW2 They have the best plot out of all the games, but BW was too short.
    3) RSE I loved them in general!
    4) DPPt/LGFR Tied in the fourth place, I'm not such a big fan of Sinnoh and Kanto. I loved the Sevii Islads though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Here's my ranking. The first one being the best, and the last for being my least favorite but not the worst one. All of these are great games.

Story-wise:
    BW - B2W2 - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG - GSC/HGSS

Gameplay-wise:
    B2W2 - BW - GSC/HGSS - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG

Region-wise:
    RSE - GSC/HGSS - DPPt - B2W2 - RBY/FRLG - BW

Music-wise:
    B2W2 - GSC/HGSS - BW - RSE - DPPt - RBY/FRLG

Overall:
    XY - RSE - B2W2 - GSC/HGSS - DPPt - RBY/FRLG - BW
    ...XY isn't even out yet.

Hell, we've only seen 2 minutes of gameplay from the game, no one outside Game Freak knows much about what the game is going to be like.

For me, the games stand very high. They are probably my second favorite games in the series, second only to their successors. The main reason I find B/W2 better is because they have more content and some really great new functions. Though, B/W did feel more new compared to B/W2. But all four games have some really awesome new stuff and improved on a lot of things from previous generations, for me mostly noticeable when playing HG/SS and then continuing directly with 5th gen. One other reason that I like the games is the same as for MSK and Fallen Icarus. I also learned to RNG in B/W which made the games much more addictive and fun for me and allowed me to get Pokemon I had previously never imagined to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    B/W really brought my interest back to Pokemon after what I found to be the horrible games that were HG/SS.
    This goes for me as well, and this is yet another reason as for why I really like the games.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    ...XY isn't even out yet.

Hell, we've only seen 2 minutes of gameplay from the game, no one outside Game Freak knows much about what the game is going to be like.
    I know. I'm just messing around. But something tells me that it's going to be one of the best games ever.
    The Legendary mascots and the starters already have a great impact on me. Same with the new 3D world, even if we've only seen bits of it.

You can disregard XY but my list is still the same.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I know. I'm just messing around. But something tells me that it's going to be one of the best games ever.
    The Legendary mascots and the starters already have a great impact on me. Same with the new 3D world, even if we've only seen bits of it.

You can disregard XY but my list is still the same.
    I certainly hope so.

Not too high. I did love the storyline and the characters, but I felt the game was treating me like a baby with all that linearity, lack of puzzles, lack of water routes...

I don't know about the others, but that made the game somewhat boring to me. I never even played it a second time, and I don't have any interest in doing it, to be honest.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    two of favourite characters in the main series (Hilda and N <3). Though BW2 was “better” in most ways, I didn't have the same enjoyment playing it for the first time, as I had when playing White for the first time.
    You and me should be friends.

Anyway, I share pretty much the same opinion. White blew my mind. I loved just about everything about White. White 2 was really good, but it didn't have the same "wow!" effect on me that White had. The disappointing story was also a factor. And the other games were pretty average compared to either of the two in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    . B/W really brought my interest back to Pokemon after what I found to be the horrible games that were HG/SS.
    And thiiiiiiiiiis. I was so ready to give up Pokemon after HG/SS. White made me love it again.

But yeah, White's my favorite, no contest really.
    Last edited by Manna; 9th March 2013 at 1:42 AM.

B/W was the dawn of my Event hunting days So its a favorite

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

I'm with Wulva. It really depends. Certain aspects of the game I like better in one game than another Here's my ranking with 1st being best and last being least favorite

Story-wise:
    B/W > B2/W2 > D/P/Pt > R/S/E > G/S/C & HG/SS> R/B/G/Y & FR/LG

Gameplay-wise:
    G/S/C & HG/SS > R/S/E > D/P/Pt > B2/W2 > B/W > R/B/G/Y & FR/LG

Region-wise:
    R/S/E > D/P/Pt > G/S/C & HG/SS > B2/W2 > R/B/G/Y & FR/LG > B/W

Music-wise:
    R/S/E > B2/W2 > B/W > D/P/Pt > G/S/C & HG/SS > R/B/G/Y & FR/LG

Overall:
    R/S/E > B/W > G/S/C & HG/SS > D/P/Pt > B2/W2 > R/B/G/Y & FR/LG
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th March 2013 at 2:07 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

idk ive been a fan of the games since '97 and still love the old ones(red blue yellow) overall my favorite is the 1st 250.........mostly cuz this where umbreon came from <3 but yeah black and white is still pretty good in my opinion

Storywise:
    BW > DPPt > BW2 > RSE > HGSS > FRLG

Gameplay-wise:
    DPPt > HGSS > BW2 > BW > RSE > FRLG

Region-wise:
    Sinnoh > Johto > Hoenn > Kanto = Unova

Music-wise:
    DPPt = BW2 = HGSS > BW > RSE > FRLG
    [I'm focusing mainly on special themes. BW2 got a huge up point in terms of epic PWT bgm]

Overall:
    DPPt > BW2 > HGSS > BW > RSE > FRLG

---

It's middleground really. It was better than FRLG/RSE, but it doesn't seem to top its sequel, BW2. I played BW2 first, so that may have an effect.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Pretty much my all time favorite. It got me back into Pokemon by making me excited to see and explore the new region. Honestly D/P/Pt had pretty much made me lose interest bit by bit, but I am glad to have BW bringing me back.

I really liked both protagonists and the story was pretty interesting.

Overrall I will go like this:

1. BW
    2. FR/LG
    3.BW2
    4. HG/SS
    5. R/S/E
    6. D/P/Pt

Yes BW2 is there because... sure its awesome, but it just didn't really captivated me as much as BW. Its still pretty cool to see what happened after BW :3 Separated by one game but still awesome! XD
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

cause i like game in storyline aspect so my list going like this

BW> RSE= DPPt =BW2 > HGSS >FRLG >GSC >RBY
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast