Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does BW stand in your favourite pokemon games?

BW2 has become my new favorite simply for the fact I can bring back so many memories in the Pokémon World Tournament. Dishing the hurt on gym leaders, listening to awesome music its just amazing. plus it doesn't hurt having a total fangasm when beating up Red

My favorites are still HG/SS and FR/LG but Black and White are right up there as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I liked Gold a lot, but Black is where I've started my EV/IV training and really started getting deeper into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    Here's my list:

1) HGSS Perfect games, even if the story could've been a bit better.
    2) BW/BW2 They have the best plot out of all the games, but BW was too short.
    3) RSE I loved them in general!
    4) DPPt/LGFR Tied in the fourth place, I'm not such a big fan of Sinnoh and Kanto. I loved the Sevii Islads though!
    This is pretty accurate for me. I love how BW2 expanded the story in a new way, and included old Pokemon in the Dex, so I prefer those over BW.

HG/SS are probably my favorite games overall, even though I prefer to focus on building my adventures on the lastest versions instead of focusing on those. I still play them here and there when I'm in the mood, and I absolutely love that you can have a Pokemon follow you around. However, after playing multiple files of the original GSC games, and then beating both HG and SS, I've grown a bit tired of the story line.

The original RBY games will always have a special place in my heart. Nothing beats the feeling of when I first played Pokemon in grade school. I love the FR/LG reboots, but it's hard for me to play any of the Kanto games anymore. I've just done the journey too many times. Plus it can be painful playing any of the old games after you get used to how much nicer the graphics are in the new ones.

I played RSE pretty heavily when they were released, and it's not my favorite series of games. I wouldn't be opposed to a new Hoenn game in the future, as long as it's not a straight up remake. Still lots of good memories though, even though I much prefer Kanto/Johto.

I have to rank D/P/Pt pretty low on my list, only because I haven't played them much. I played through Platinum once after coming out of my Pokemon hiatus. That was a few years ago and my memory of it is lacking compared to the other regions, so I'm actually restarting my file. I do prefer the new Pokemon in Sinnoh over Unova, even though I think the Gen 5 games are much better overall.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:
    Omega Ruby Team:

Friend Code: 0259-1695-4473 (Scott)
    Friend Safari: Steel - Ferroseed, Klang, Excadrill
    X Pokedex: 718/718 - Completed 2/17/14 (Need an Arceus. PM me with offers!)
    Shinies:

Pokemon yellow was one of those games that was a huge part of my childhood. It started Pokemon for me.

Then a few years later, me and my brother got Gold and Silver, respectively. We LOVED those games. Both of our nextdoor neighbor kids who were our age played as well, we all battled and traded, and I knew a lot of people from other places who would play with me as well.

Gold definitely has the most nostalgic value for me, simply because of how young I was, and how much fun I had playing with my friends.

As for actual gameplay, I loved it. I loved the Pokemon, I loved the new features compared to Gen I, and I loved how you could go back to Kanto and collect the badges, and ultimately face Red. I liked the Team Rocket trying to get back Giovanni story as well.

Then I got Sapphire. I liked Sapphire a lot. I think ADV Pokemon Gen had the best map. It was fun to explore the routes, it seemed like they always had shortcuts you could wonder off to. Not too mention the Hidden Bases were awesome imo. This is another game I played with my friends, we would all visit eachothers bases, trade, etc.

And then Diamond.. I liked Diamond. It was a pretty good game. It's when I started to check into Pokemon EVs, although never did much with it. It was a fun game, but none of my friends played anymore, except my siblings.

And now Black.. I don't necessarily care for the game itself, as in the storyline, I thought it was okay. But this is the game where I really started getting into competitive battling.. It's hard to rate how I liked Black compared to the others, because I like it for the competitive raising/battling I've done, which is probably the most I've ever been into Pokemon. On the other, my like for the actual game isn't as strong as it was for Gold. I was playing Gold just to have fun, now I'm playing Black to competitively play.

I would say Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4

Black and White along with the second versions, will always stand out as being my favorites of all time. Every time I play Pokemon games, I go first where my favorite Pokemon appear (looks wise), my top 25 favorite are from Unova.

Black2/White2 is my favorite video games of all video games released since video game where first released. By the end of this year, I might have 8 or 9 copies of the games.

edit 4-2, forgot to add this part: My favorite order of the games
    • B2/W2
    • B/W
    • D/P/PT
    • SS/HG
    • FR/LG
    • G/S/C
    • R/B/Y
    Last edited by LiepardTrainer; 3rd April 2013 at 12:24 AM.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by LiepardTrainer View Post
    Black and White along with the second versions, will always stand out as being my favorites of all time. Every time I play Pokemon games, I go first where my favorite Pokemon appear (looks wise), my top 25 favorite are from Unova.

Black2/White2 is my favorite video games of all video games released since video game where first released. By the end of this year, I might have 8 or 9 copies of the games.
    Jesus, I can't tell if this a troll post or not!

I would have to say heartgold is by far y favorite. I like the new style of BW and it has enough new things to keep me interested, but playing with my cyndaquil is an experience no other game will be able to top.

i 1st started playing when i was 3 with yellow the 1st generation was a huge part of the 1st few years of my life and i loved it

2nd generation was my favorute cuz of umbreon <3

hoen was pretty cool too except it had too much water

i actually hated sinnoh except HGSS and i was ready to give until my friend finaly got me to play BW

BW i love cuz of AMAZING story and it bought me back in to pokemon

Overall it goes like this:

1.HGSS=BW
    2 Y/B/R= G/S/C
    3 E/S/R and FR/LG
    4 D/P/Pt

1. RSE

2. GSC

3. DPPt

4. BW

5. RBY
    FC: 3540-0790-8867

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

1. HGSS/DP/pt
    2. BW/B2W2
    3. RSE/FRLG
    4. GSC
    5. RBY

I think it was 1 of the best Pokemon games ever made, though it could have used a little more stuff to do post game. The Team Plasma plot was the best and most unique plot used though.
    B/W>B2/W2>HG/SS>D/P/PT>r/s/e>g/s/c>r/b/y
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 13th March 2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

1. BW2
    2. HGSS
    3. DPPt
    4. BW
    5. RSE
    6. FRLG
    7. GSC
    8. RBY

Oh... I'm so happy I found this thread.
    Order from favorite to least favorite:

1. RSE
    2. GSC
    3. DPPT
    4. RBY
    5. BWB2W2

I really didn't like it. Nimbasa City was a city you would go to a lot (the Domes), and the music is so bad! I turn down the volume so my ears wouldn't bleed!
    The graphics were also extremely fuzzy.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Red and Blue are my favs
    BW is next
    Black FC: 5415 9915 9793
    Black2 FC: Milling events
    X Friend code: ZK2Z-U9WG-JALB-WJBE
    3ds Friend code: 4270-0846-6137

Pokedex is 645/645 Need Manaphy Shaymin Victini Keldeo

If I'm going to be really critical, it's pretty low on the list.

I like the improvements to the battle system, compared to previous generations: the way the Pokemon are constantly animated is great, although the extreme pixelation of the player's team really bothers me (why zoom in like that when they could've just used higher-resolution sprites?), and I really, really, hate the blurry backgrounds (I'm so glad X and Y have actual backgrounds now, although I'm still not a fan of the circle of grass the Pokes stand on, never have been). There's also some great new moveset additions- enough that I imported my entire "Team" box from SoulSilver to use them in White.

The region design is terrible. Way, way too linear. From what I can tell, B2/W2 improves on this a little, but it's still the same hexagon when you get down to it. If this is an attempt to make the game easier for kids, it's a dumb idea. Kids aren't idiots. Well, most kids.

I also feel that they really dropped the ball on Pokemon design. I'd rather forget that Cryogonal, Klinklang and Gigalith ever existed, to be honest. On the other hand, I'm so glad that we finally got a region without Tentacool and Zubat. Woobat and Swoobat are great new takes on bats, although did we really need new jellyfish?

tl;dr: there's some good points to Black and White, but it's not as good as Red or Silver.

Stand? Really, stand? More like fall.

B/W were awful, from the stupid new pokémon, the pretentious and naive storyline, N being a twerp, the graphical style being ugly and a overall huge dumbing down.

The fact that some people view this as pokémon's return makes me weep for humanity. Easily the worst pokémon games ever.
    i hate everything, including happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by parasky View Post
    Stand? Really, stand? More like fall.

B/W were awful, from the stupid new pokémon, the pretentious and naive storyline, N being a twerp, the graphical style being ugly and a overall huge dumbing down.

The fact that some people view this as pokémon's return makes me weep for humanity. Easily the worst pokémon games ever.
    Agreed 100%. Though I will say the sequels are better.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Don't bump old threads.
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12