Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 471

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They were showing his highlight not his lowlight, kinda like you see an highlights of something else, example a boxer highlight, you will see him koing people not him being koed.
    Yeah that made enough sense to me. Why show loses (the Poliwrath lose was important) if your trying to play up an old friend ^_^
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  2. #302
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Yeah that made enough sense to me. Why show loses (the Poliwrath lose was important) if your trying to play up an old friend ^_^
    The Poliwrath and Pikachu loses was to show his behaviour and turning point.

    The Blaziken and Dusclops wins didn't mean anything besides being losses thats why they didn't deserve any type of focus, even though I would like to see a Blaziken again.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The Poliwrath and Pikachu loses was to show his behaviour and turning point.

    The Blaziken and Dusclops wins didn't mean anything besides being losses thats why they didn't deserve any type of focus, even though I would like to see a Blaziken again.
    Yup, all apart of plot

    Would have been nice to see Blaziken again
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Totally agree. Besides, Charizard could beat any of the pokemons Pikachu beat. Regice because of type advantage and Latios because of Dragon-type attack. Any of the others too. But we can't say the same about Pikachu, cause I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Articuno. And he fought Magmar back then and lost, then Charizard beat him.
    And Pikachu didn't beat 2 legendaries, he beat 1. He tie against Latios. If you say Pikachu beat Latios, I can say Latios beat Pikachu too.
    And Charizard has only lost to a champion's Dragonite, Blaziken and the best Frontier Brain's Dusclops. While Pikachu has lost to loads of weak pokemon, like Panpour, Snivy, Dugtrio, Servine, etc.
    Pikachu can only be considered the "strongest" at the end of a saga. But it could easily be said that since Pikachu resets, and his reserves retain their power...Pikachu's on par with his stronger reserves ONLY towards the end of a saga. All other times, it's only a bit stronger than your average Pikachu.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 12th March 2013 at 5:42 AM.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We gauge Pikachu at the end of each arc, his true strenght is at the end of the arcs and at the end of the arcs hes the strongest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Totally agree. Besides, Charizard could beat any of the pokemons Pikachu beat. Regice because of type advantage and Latios because of Dragon-type attack. Any of the others too. But we can't say the same about Pikachu, cause I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Articuno. And he fought Magmar back then and lost, then Charizard beat him.
    And Pikachu didn't beat 2 legendaries, he beat 1. He tie against Latios. If you say Pikachu beat Latios, I can say Latios beat Pikachu too.
    And Charizard has only lost to a champion's Dragonite, Blaziken and the best Frontier Brain's Dusclops. While Pikachu has lost to loads of weak pokemon, like Panpour, Snivy, Dugtrio, Servine, etc.
    Thank you...*waits for rebuttle from Joltik*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Honestly Joltik as much as I would like to agree with you that Pikachu is Ash's strongest pokemon its really hard to support that claim when even you agree that Pikachu really isn't dependable for about the beginning 80% of every major season. Yes I understand that if you want to judge pikachu's strength it should be done at the end of every season but even so there are plenty of times when pikachu looses outright to pokemon that in all honestly he shouldn't have lost to in the first place. One can make excuses all they want but Pikachu lost to a Snivy. A brand spanking new right out of the pokeball starter snivy being manned by a trainer on his first day out. Even half dead, paralyzed, confused, and out of PP on all electric moves any pokemon that is capable of drawing with a Latios should be able to knock out a fresh starter by simply sneezing on it. One quick-attack or iron tail should have been enough but of course this is the anime so we have to throw common sense out the window and assume that Zekrom's interference was the cause of that loss.

    Even so what about pikachu loosing straight up to Fantina's Drifblim (unexcusable), Morty's Ghastly (by far his weakest pokemon), and then getting roflstomped by Norman's Vigoroth (for no apparent reason except for plot lengthening). Pikachu even lost to a Swanna (x4 weakness wasn't enough)

    Overall I get the feeling that Pikachu is like Ash's wildcard. Sometimes Pikachu delivers a truck load of woopass and other times it just chugs and falls flat like a tug boat. This is why despite Pikachu's amazing history of random win's you have to judge it with a grain of salt because of its equally strange history of losses. This is why people prefer to think Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Snorlax are overall his stronger pokemon. They all have a history of great wins and don't have a history of unreasonable losses.

    Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mirior Way
    Posts
    195

    Default

    What if pikachu...........








    EVOLVED?
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

    \
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Meeting up with Korrina, Dale, and everyone else
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

    "You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    What if pikachu...........








    EVOLVED?

    I think there was a period of time when people started asking again about it but it was reaffirmed in DP Episode 74 Pika and Goliath that Pikachu will continue to choose not to evolve. Probably another 400 episodes from now they will reiterate it again just to make sure new viewers know that Pikachu will never evolve.

    Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mirior Way
    Posts
    195

    Default

    I'm just asking if pikachu evolves, does anyone think that he will be able to best charizard?
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

    \
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Meeting up with Korrina, Dale, and everyone else
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

    "You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    I'm just asking if pikachu evolves, does anyone think that he will be able to best charizard?
    pikachu will not evolve. after all this time if it evolved, it would be stupid. pikachu is pokemons mascot so there is no probability of pikachu evolving.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    pikachu will not evolve. after all this time if it evolved, it would be stupid. pikachu is pokemons mascot so there is no probability of pikachu evolving.
    Pretty much this.

    Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

  12. #312

    Default

    The anime would get destroyed into pieces if Pikachu accidentally evolved through an accident.

    It would actually be pretty neat since so many of us are tired of him, but Japan would explode because it'd be a cute, chubby Pokemon, so...

    In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The anime would get destroyed into pieces if Pikachu accidentally evolved through an accident.

    It would actually be pretty neat since so many of us are tired of him, but Japan would explode because it'd be a cute, chubby Pokemon, so...
    That would be hilarious. I would be nice to see him get all depressed and overcome that.

    Random : PokéRadar


  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    I'm just asking if pikachu evolves, does anyone think that he will be able to best charizard?
    Pft, hellz no, he would be too slow xD.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mirior Way
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Why the **** do you think I'm trying to be a troll? I just meant if pikachu possibly evolved, would he be able to beat charizard. I never meant that I thought he would evolve.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

    \
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Meeting up with Korrina, Dale, and everyone else
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

    "You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I don't see why it would be able to if it evolved.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    Why the **** do you think I'm trying to be a troll? I just meant if pikachu possibly evolved, would he be able to beat charizard. I never meant that I thought he would evolve.
    Because in the pokeverse going up against Ash's pokemon being more evolved always means losing.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sagitarrius A*
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Pikachu lacks consistency. Just like Ash, he has a very ceiling, and when he plays up to his potential, he has quality performances like against Metagross and Latios; when he doesn't, he loses. Also, evolution naturally makes a Pokemon on average stronger and its strength more stable. Pikachu is very good, but since he's unevolved, he suffers from his inherent weakness at times. If Pikachu evolved into Raichu, I would say that he wouldn't ever have those random losses.

    All in all, Pikachu battling at his potential is equal to or better than Charizard. However, since Pikachu is usually never in that state the majority of his battles, Charizard is better.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Thank you...*waits for rebuttle from Joltik*
    You want my rebuttle? Why would that be XD

    Seriously, I have no idea why you guys think that Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest... because you think that losing in the beginning means something. If Pikachu were as powerful at the beginning like he is at the end, they have to do the exact same thing they did to Charizard, leave him at some convenient area that trains Pikachu's. Not only would that ruin the show since Pikachu is the FACE (seriously, I think you people think it's Charizard) of the franchise, but it would also be the end of Ash since Pikachu has been there for him since day one. But what am I kidding, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about since I don't worship the ground Charizard stands on. And BS to Lucas's claim, you can't base you claims on assumptions, otherwise I could say Pikachu would easily beat Articuno thanks to it's small size and super effective moves, but you don't see me doing that do you? Based solely on how much trouble Articuno gave Charizard, there's no reason to think it could beat Regice like Pikachu did, go ahead and argue that all you want, your just kidding yourself. And if Charizard is Ash's so called Ace, why is it Pikachu that has the more impressive victory's?
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 13th March 2013 at 2:33 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You want my rebuttle? Why would that be XD

    Seriously, I have no idea why you guys think that Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest... because you think that losing in the beginning means something. If Pikachu were as powerful at the beginning like he is at the end, they have to be the exact same thing they did to Charizard, leave him at some convenient area that trains Pikachu's. But what am I kidding, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about since I don't worship the ground Charizard stands on. And BS to Lucas's claim, you can't base you claims on assumptions, otherwise I could say Pikachu would easily beat Articuno thanks to it's small size and super effective moves, but you don't see me doing that do you? Based solely on how much trouble Articuno gave Charizard, there's no reason to think it could beat Regice like Pikachu did, go ahead and argue that all you want, your just kidding yourself. And if Charizard is Ash's so called Ace, why is it Pikachu that has the more impressive victory's?
    No, they could just not spam him at every possible battle -.-....he has other pokemon he can use.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No, they could just not spam him at every possible battle -.-....he has other pokemon he can use.
    Pikachu's the face of the franchise... end of story
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Overall I get the feeling that Pikachu is like Ash's wildcard. Sometimes Pikachu delivers a truck load of woopass and other times it just chugs and falls flat like a tug boat.
    Then its exactly like Infernape? Infernape and Pikachu are great wildcards to have, theyre perfect as portrayed by the writers as battlers so long as they dont get knocked out before they show true potential?

    Against Flint, we saw what happens to Infernape if it takes a hit that KOs it, but as long as it is in that threshold between fainting and 1/3 hp, its the best thing Ash has. Same with Pikachu, super fragile but as long as it doesnt get taken down too quickly, has more power than Sceptile, Snorlax, Charizard (or any honourable mentions of Ashs reserves) have.




  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Then its exactly like Infernape? Infernape and Pikachu are great wildcards to have, theyre perfect as portrayed by the writers as battlers so long as they dont get knocked out before they show true potential?

    Against Flint, we saw what happens to Infernape if it takes a hit that KOs it, but as long as it is in that threshold between fainting and 1/3 hp, its the best thing Ash has. Same with Pikachu, super fragile but as long as it doesnt get taken down too quickly, has more power than Sceptile, Snorlax, Charizard (or any honourable mentions of Ashs reserves) have.
    This is as borderlined as I'll get, if only because that's a pretty fair analysis
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Pikachu's the face of the franchise... end of story
    That doesn't change the fact that it would work. Seriously it's not like he wouldn't still be in every episode.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that it would work. Seriously it's not like he wouldn't still be in every episode.
    They want him to be just like Ash... if he's new to things then so is Pikachu. Does it do Pikachu justice, no... but at this point, it's the only constant we know of. Still, Pikachu in his prime (based on all of the show) > Charizard in his prime (based on all of the show) Your starter will always be your most powerful, just like in the games (unless you really try to be original)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •