Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Someone refresh my memory; were some of those remade scenes incorrect? Like VS Koga, the battle was outside instead of inside, and Charizard VS Sparky was suppose to be VS Zippo?
    Yes & no on both accounts. In The Ninja Poké-Showdown, Ash and Koga started their battle in the Fuschia Gym, but the continued their match outside after a confrontation with Team Rocket where Misty learned about Psyduck's true power. A fun fact, this was the epsiode that started a running gag in Season 1 where Team Rocket got constantly blasted by Voltorb

In Friends and Foe Alike, Charizard did battle Zippo in Ash's battle with Ritchie, but that was one of the few moments Charizard listened to Ash prior to the Orange Islands sicne it wanted to battle another Fire type to test its strength. However, when Ritchie sent out Sparky, Carizard didn't want to waste its time with a little Pikachu so it went back to disobeying Ash
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I think Oak's line was meant to suggest Swellow and Staraptor love to challenge each other to speed contest, something Unfezeant would narturally take part in.

The lack of Noctowl's name not being included probably means he doesn't participates in those contest as it probably prefers just laying back and watching.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I liked cilan calling out iris as also being a kid. And it seems like damian kept his dub voice which was cool.

But Maddie died

Need to rewatch since i had to stream this episode halfway due to Verizon being a dick.

Well lets all bow are heads down to Charamender's trainer first voice actress who also voices Meowth.

A great episode. It's cool that Charizard returns in the series. And the animation for the flashbacks looks neat. Damian's voice in this episode sounds kinda similar to his old voice. And it was funny when Iris thought Charizard is a Dragon type.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    But Maddie died

Need to rewatch since i had to stream this episode halfway due to Verizon being a dick.
    They meant his accent not the VA.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    They meant his accent not the VA.
    Ah that makes sense

Is it possible that Eileen stevens dubbed misty's lines?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Yes, Cilan, drive the nail further down into Ash's skin for telling him about not having such a strong Pokémon around. Charizard could've been a total show stealer back at the league... Damn you, Ash isn't even wincing! Curses! I must see pain to savor this better!

Anyway, I liked the flashbacks more than what was happening in the present because...well, I liked the past where there was more drama going around unlike today, y'know.

Oh Lisa Ortiz, you're always voicing pink-haired characters, but you're not Amy Rose anymore (and that's actually a shame to me).

I enjoyed this episode. Glad Charizard is returning (for good?) and the remade scenes were a nice touch. Love how the writers had Ash look up Charizard on the PokéDex because Iris thought it was a Dragon Type. :P He still had to look up Charmander. I guess Ash hasn't seen one in a while...
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    I enjoyed this episode. Glad Charizard is returning (for good?) and the remade scenes were a nice touch. Love how the writers had Ash look up Charizard on the PokéDex because Iris thought it was a Dragon Type. :P He still had to look up Charmander. I guess Ash hasn't seen one in a while...
    i dont think charizard is returning for good. Even a slowpoke has a better memory than that guy :P
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    It depends on what you mean by awhile. And he looked up charmander for new people and kids to see that didn't watch OS, and for practical purposes so he could see a new entry.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It depends on what you mean by awhile. And he looked up charmander for new people and kids to see that didn't watch OS, and for practical purposes so he could see a new entry.
    Well here it's easy to say he did it for Iris, Cilan, and N. Those three are unfamiliar with Kanto Pokemon and a starter pokemon is very rare so they've probably never heard of it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

THIS.. is the best episode ive seen in awhile this upped pokemon! seeing flashbacks from the previous journeys really hit me especially seeing ritchies sparky! damien, misty, brock, ash's kanto outfit! how pokemon centers use to look like hahaha flashback after flashback! this was amazing and the battle with dragonite was insane!

I just finished watching this episode and thought that it was good. It was cool seeing Ash's flashbacks of Charizard with animation of now instead of the past. I'm glad Charizard is back on Ash's roster and it would've beat Iris' Dragonite if they continue to battle. It's a damn shane that Ash didn't called back Charizard when he was competing in the Unova League.

I was looking forward to how Damien was going to sound,.. they did a pretty good job.. sounded alot like how he did when Maddie did his voice so long ago.

Charizard is back! Welcome back buddy! Thoguh i wonder when XY starts will he just return to oak's or will he head back to the charicific valley... hmmmm I think it's time to return to the lab imo..but whatever lol

I also noticed the changed Pidgeotto's hair to what it should have always been. thats nice that they go back to try to fix stuff like that..
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 8th June 2013 at 9:43 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I looked back at the episode again, and I did notice they didn't fix Ash's miscolor on his sleeve in one flashback. That's okay though, since it wasn't anything too major.

Watching it again just made me enjoy the episode even more. Having N around to experience Ash's old journeys mixes really well together.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I loved this episode! What a mix of classic and new gen awesomeness! Although the festival and the battle felt a little short.

I cheered when they showed the Articuno battle.

Michele Knotz was Misty in the flashbacks. I saw her at an anime con today and she confirmed it.

The dub episode was nice. Although this shows how much they've improved in calling out moves. I really disliked when they added attack to everything. Ex. "Use your Seismic Toss attack!" Misty sounded really weird, she sounded a bit like Iris.

I wouldve enjoyed this episode more if I didn't know beforehand that Charizard won't do anything for the rest of Black & White except run errands like Unfezant and every other generic flying Pokemon. So much hype for such a bad plot device. And don't get me started on the bad voice acting during the flash backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    I wouldve enjoyed this episode more if I didn't know beforehand that Charizard won't do anything for the rest of Black & White except run errands like Unfezant and every other generic flying Pokemon. So much hype for such a bad plot device. And don't get me started on the bad voice acting during the flash backs.
    Isn't the upcoming arc filler? That is what I heard. But he will be in the movie so we have that to look forward too

I was definitely looking forward to this ep for a while now and it did not disappoint.

-The new-gen flashbacks were interesting to see but i still wonder if PUSA couldn't use original footage from the 4kids era because of copyright? Or it legally belongs to 4kids?

-Loved seeing a glimpse of Tracy and seeing Brock this gen even though its a flashback was a nice touch. And Misty after not seeing her since Season 8 (Advanced Battle) was a treat but i wished her Original VA was able to do it. I mean it was only 1 or 2 lines!

-Dragonite VS Charizard. What else can I say that hasn't already been said? It was epic. I love when episodes have this type of animation (Is there even a name for it?)

10/10

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    -The new-gen flashbacks were interesting to see but i still wonder if PUSA couldn't use original footage from the 4kids era because of copyright? Or it legally belongs to 4kids?
    At this point, isn't 4Kids pretty much extinct? I think another dub company owns everything they use to now.

Still, it would have been fine enough to hire the older voice actors, but we know that's far from happening. It's too bad Racheal couldn't reprise Misty. After all, she was still cast by TPCi to voice Maylene in DP.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Did anyone else love how frustrated N got when he learned about Damien abandoning Charmander?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

This is a much needed episode mainly because the first half of the BW saga had absolutely no flashbacks or references to Ash's previous adventures whatsoever it was as if they never happened! While it's a shame the flashbacks didn't use their original audio the animation (despite being computer animated) was virtually identical. Overall a very much needed episode! It's good to see that the writers still remember the original fans of the anime! To tell you the truth I was pretty nervous
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast