Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Bulbasaur had all long range attacks... Charizard only had Flamethrower. Do you forget how easily Confusion halts Pokemon in it's path? Charizard would be continuously flung back
    Is that supposed to be an argument for bulbasaur? Because I don't see it. Besides confusion changes every time it gets used anyways/

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Anyways, concerning Charizard's moveset. I'm glad they showed him use Seismic Toss in the flashbacks, although I'm not sure if it was said by name. It makes sense to me that Charizard didn't use Seismic Toss against Dragonite, it would have been overkill for a "friendly rival" battle. Plus N couldn't have interrupted without some complications...
    They never said it by name because while Seismic Toss still exists, it has been relegated to an unnamed attack (like that spinning tackle thing Ash's pikachu/aipom/turtwig used in early DP). This gives Charizard the ability to use more than 4 moves without officially breaking the 4 move limit. As seen with multiple main character pokemon in the past, as long as no more than 4 of an anime pokemon's moves are named as actual attacks from the games, it will pass the 4 moveslot check the writers impose on the show's pokemon.

On a separate note, this is likely when Blast Burn will be introduced. All elemental hyper beams have debuted on the respective Kanto Starter, with Gary's Blastoise being the one to debut Hydro Cannon. With 2 of Charizard's current moves (wing attack and slash) sharing similarities in both move effect and move execution, it should be very simple for the writers to drop one of those moves for Blast Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oak does mention Liza during the phone call I believe.
    He said he just had it transferred to him from the valley at Satoshi's request.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That's odd. I assumed watching from watching it Raw that it was implied some time passed and the process of contacting to get Charizard was sped up. You'd think they would mention something with Liza since they flashbacked to Charizard's Burning Ambitions.

I thought Iris' mistake with Charizard's type was pretty funny too. But I don't understand why she didn't use Ice Beam...and I'm guessing she said something along the lines of "Charizard is finished because of Dragon Rush being a Dragon type move" before the smoke cleared.

I also loved how Ash was confident the entire battle, was in control of the flow of the battle, and KNEW Charizard was good to go after Dragon Rush. Why hasn't he been like this at all in BW? His Pokémon are usually KO'd after the smoke in battles like these

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

That's odd. I assumed watching from watching it Raw that it was implied some time passed and the process of contacting to get Charizard was sped up. You'd think they would mention something with Liza since they flashbacked to Charizard's Burning Ambitions.
    They did. The episode cuts into the conversation between Satoshi and Okido after all that "hey can you call the valley and have Lizardon trasferred over?" "Ok" was done, just in time for Okido to tell Satoshi Lizardon just arrived.

They did. The episode cuts into the conversation between Satoshi and Okido after all that "hey can you call the valley and have Lizardon trasferred over?" "Ok" was done, just in time for Okido to tell Satoshi Lizardon just arrived.
    Woops! I'm sorry! Somehow I missed seeing the "from the valley" part in your post. I should read more carefully on my phone...thanks for clearing that up!

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I also loved how Ash was confident the entire battle, was in control of the flow of the battle, and KNEW Charizard was good to go after Dragon Rush. Why hasn't he been like this at all in BW? His Pokémon are usually KO'd after the smoke in battles like these
    Because this is the first instance in Best Wishes where Ash has battled using a pokemon not named Pikachu that he caught in a prior region.

Quote Originally Posted by cauldronmaster View Post
    They never said it by name because while Seismic Toss still exists, it has been relegated to an unnamed attack (like that spinning tackle thing Ash's pikachu/aipom/turtwig used in early DP).
    It was actually called by name.. Against both Magmar and Poliwrath, Ash ordered ''Chikyuu Nage''.

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

You're forgetting the Dragon Breath that knocked Dusclops into the wall. Seriously, whatever problem you have with Charizard because of the fandom is going over the line. This was a great episode and shows again that Charizard has a lot of history and bonds with Ash.

And yes, some people go too crazy over Charizard...it goes both ways though

Anyways, concerning Charizard's moveset. I'm glad they showed him use Seismic Toss in the flashbacks, although I'm not sure if it was said by name. It makes sense to me that Charizard didn't use Seismic Toss against Dragonite, it would have been overkill for a "friendly rival" battle. Plus N couldn't have interrupted without some complications...
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... first off, I don't hate Charizard, I just don't get the fandoms appeal with him. Secondly, what I'm talking about (and I do admit it) has nothing to do with this episode, but the fact that pokemonsquared thinks Brandon's Solrock would be no match for Charizard, where I think he's talking none sense.

In terms of the episode, I have no complaints... was it a good episode, sure, probably the best from Best Wishes, but it wasn't the greatest episode I've ever seen. It clear to me why certain people liked it though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Hmm, probably because Charizard is one of his most reliable Pokemon and Ash knows how to command him in battle. Or are you throwing shade at Ash's Unova Pokemon? :x

After finally watching the episode (yes I know I said I was gonna stay up and watch its initial airing for Misty's cameo, but I fell asleep), I realized how much I enjoyed the parts that weren't about Charizard. Like, the Kanto festival was so well done and I think it was actually better than the Johto festival from DP, which says a lot. I mean, I was really disappointed when the festival scenes ended and it was just Ash talking about his past experiences. I wanted to see more of the festival. But maybe that's just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Hmm, probably because Charizard is one of his most reliable Pokemon and Ash knows how to command him in battle. Or are you throwing shade at Ash's Unova Pokemon? :x
    Ciccone please stop trying to cause trouble already, we get it that you don't like Charizard, but your really going to far sometimes with your opinions.

Regarding Charizard's moves, it may still have those other moves, but maybe only uses four at a time like some other pokemon have been recently like Trip's Serperior and Krookodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Ciccone please stop trying to cause trouble already, we get it that you don't like Charizard, but your really going to far sometimes with your opinions.
    Uh, I just praised Charizard by saying he's reliable in battle, which almost everyone seems to agree on. How is that bad? Like really, I can't even give praise without it causing controversy. I don't get it.

Apart from the few errors in animation, this episode was pretty enjoyable.
    All the flashbacks were a nice nostalgia-trip and then finally seeing charizard, as he roars like a total boss, was pretty epic.
    The thing I loved most about this episode was the way charizard battled. (& how it was animated)
    Ash looked like a total boss in this fight... Apart from being completely calm and smiling, he knew charizard wasn't fazed one bit by dragon-rush,
    and the flow of charizard's moves were smooth, almost playfull. He really looked like he was enjoying himself after all this time,
    plus he also looked a little surprised to see dragonite slightly injured.
    I understand N's point though, in a friendly battle like this it'd be pointless to let them fight untill one of them is really hurt.

Maybe this whole thing is meant to promote the PokeTransfer feature.

3DS FC: 1719-3694-1541

Shinies (Not counting trades)

I think it comes from the fact that Ash knows Charizard is strong and that he can be reckless and confident with him. It also helps that Ash has fought with Charizard quite a few times. He acts the same with Pikachu sometimes.

Edit: It also helps that Charizard is fast and powerful, two attributes that work best with Ash's fighting style.
    Last edited by diakyu; 11th March 2013 at 1:36 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Uh, I just praised Charizard by saying he's reliable in battle, which almost everyone seems to agree on. How is that bad? Like really, I can't even give praise without it causing controversy. I don't get it.
    my apologies, it seemed that from how some of your previous posts were, it didn't seem that way at first, i apologize.

but seriously the fighthing needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Edit: It also helps that Charizard is fast and powerful, two attributes that work best with Ash's fighting style.
    To be honest, Ash has never stated he relies on power, more so he'd rather have a speedy Pokemon, it's just an added bonus when the Pokemon actually has the true power to back it up.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I think it comes from the fact that Ash knows Charizard is strong and that he can be reckless and confident with him. It also helps that Ash has fought with Charizard quite a few times. He acts the same with Pikachu sometimes.

I think there were other factors in play:
    1. Being that Charizard looked and acted super confident and gung-ho (I mean what a why to pump up just roaring like nothing happened after taking a dragon rush to the face)
    2. Hes fighting against a pokemon he has beaten before against a trainer that he knows is from Unova and has never faced Charizard before. He knows Iris is gonna make mistakes and immediately capitalized on them (Dragon Rush being the biggest one and trying to run away from a Charizard that is MUCH faster in the air than Dragonite)
    3. Dragonite is powerful but very inexperienced in trainer battles. For a powerful very experience pokemon like Charizard whose battled with Ash against a number of incredibly strong and skilled opponents this fight should be a cakewalk (Charizard rarely looses in a straight up fight. If he does loose its usually due to error on Ash's part).

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    If you listen real close, you hear Oak say Liza.
    I only looked at the pics tbh. I don't watch the Japanese eps.

If it turns out Liza WAS involved in Charizard showing up at Oak's with its Poké Ball, then I take it all back.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I only looked at the pics tbh. I don't watch the Japanese eps.

If it turns out Liza WAS involved in Charizard showing up at Oak's with its Poké Ball, then I take it all back.
    To be honest its kinda difficult to tell (I don't speak Japanese).
    Liza and Lizardo (the Japanese name for Charizard) is very easy to confuse so I'm also reserving my judgement until the subs come out (which btw are taking forever but I am still thankful for fansub groups doing it at all considering how thankless a job it is lmao)

Edit: For SCIENCE. (kidding grammar)

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

I figured, I was just trying to clear it up for some people but thanks for confirming it .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Liked Damian's, Koga's and Liza's looks in BW. Look awsome.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

So Charizific Valley hasn't been officially retconned then? Rats. "Charla" looks even stupider in HD, for the record.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    So Charizific Valley hasn't been officially retconned then? Rats. "Charla" looks even stupider in HD, for the record.
    What could have ever made you think it would be retconned?

BW is still in the same continuity as OS, AG and DP.

Dragonite got his butt whooped easily, there was no way he could have defeated Charizard, good for him that N stopped it.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast