Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    What could have ever made you think it would be retconned?
    Because it was stupid. I keep harping about how stupid it was and how it was so wickedly convenient that a valley in Johto that coincidently has nothing but Charizards would exist, all for the sake of dropping Ash's best Pokemon to keep pushing how much of an idiot he was back then (though by Johto, he was getting less dumb, I'll admit).

I hope Charizard never goes back.

And yes, thats my only reason for hating the Charizific Valley. I don't even care if I keep misspelling it.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Because it was stupid. I keep harping about how stupid it was and how it was so wickedly convenient that a valley in Johto that coincidently has nothing but Charizards would exist, all for the sake of dropping Ash's best Pokemon to keep pushing how much of an idiot he was back then (though by Johto, he was getting less dumb, I'll admit).

And yes, thats my only reason for hating the Charizific Valley. I don't even care if I keep misspelling it.
    So anything that's stupid should be retconned according to you. There is so many flaws in that statement alone.

Dude at this point Retconning the Charizific Valley would leave a GIGANTIC plot hole in multiple episodes and seasons of the anime (like how in the hell did he get strong enough to 1v1 a legendary and win decisively without resorting to luck/tricks/assistance)
    Your chain of logic makes little to no sense dude.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Ash didn't drop off Pikachu....
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Pikachu is his strongest Pokemon? Every single beginning of the Saga they downgrade Pikachu's power ONSCREEN!

Oh wait, you probably still believe Team Rocket when they claim the Pikachu is no ordinary Pikachu.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Pikachu is his strongest Pokemon? Every single beginning of the Saga they downgrade Pikachu's power ONSCREEN!

Oh wait, you probably still believe Team Rocket when they claim the Pikachu is no ordinary Pikachu.
    Pikachu at it's prime > Charizard at it's prime. Remind me again how many legends Pikachu and Charizard beat? Oh right Pikachu beat two and Charizard only beat one

Not to mention Pikachu was ultimately the one to beat two pseudo legends, Dragonite and Metagross
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th March 2013 at 9:01 PM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

For somebody who assumed that Charific Valley had been retconned simply because it hadn't been seen in 400+ episodes means you should be the last person to mock somebody elses opinion on something they've heard through the anime.

For somebody who assumed that Charific Valley had been retconned simply because it hadn't been seen in 400+ episodes means you should be the last person to mock somebody elses opinion on something they've heard through the anime.
    To be honest, that's not why I feel Pikachu's his strongest, nor should TR's implications mean much. Pikachu's proved it through the battles he's been through. But because it's always Pikachu's fault when he loses and Ash's fault when Charizard loses, I can see why people think Charizard is his strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    To be honest, that's not why I feel Pikachu's his strongest, nor should TR's implications mean much. Pikachu's proved it through the battles he's been through. But because it's always Pikachu's fault when he loses and Ash's fault when Charizard loses, I can see why people think Charizard is his strongest.
    I agree Pikachu is his strongest Pokemon too at the end of each saga, purely because of the battles he's proven it against.

I just find Thrillers sarcasm towards you hilarious considering the outrageous things he was saying. Anyhow, I would like to think that TR's implications about Pikachu do mean something if i'm being honest. 16 Years into the anime and Pikachu has only just been hinted at being a special Pikachu, on top of that being given extreme power albeit because of Thundurus and some unknown effect in the TR vs TP episodes. It'd be nice if they're building up to something, but they're probably not so.

Pikachu at it's prime > Charizard at it's prime. Remind me again how many legends Pikachu and Charizard beat? Oh right Pikachu beat two and Charizard only beat one

Not to mention Pikachu was ultimately the one to beat two pseudo legends, Dragonite and Metagross
    Pikachu always seems to power up during the league and then becomes weak as nuts whenever Ash starts a new team.
    Honestly I can't count the number of times pikachu lost to random gym leaders, trainers, wild pokemon, Team Rocket, and even to some members of Ash's own team before he caught them.

For a pokemon that 1v1 a Latios its surprising how weak the electric rat is.

Also there is a different feel whenever Pikachu battles vs when Charizard battles.
    When Pikachu battles most of the time its like is he actually going to use his full potential or loose again for no reason. When Charizard comes out there is a huge difference in everyone's behavior because everyone knows stuffs going to get wild when he comes out.
    Last edited by DoctorDark; 11th March 2013 at 10:05 PM.

I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Pikachu shouldn't even be in the running for strongest since he is so bipolar in terms of strength.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Sure Pikachu is powerful like 3 eps out of every 200. Charizard has a much higher proportion of times where he used his time well.

I agree Pikachu is his strongest Pokemon too at the end of each saga, purely because of the battles he's proven it against.

I just find Thrillers sarcasm towards you hilarious considering the outrageous things he was saying. Anyhow, I would like to think that TR's implications about Pikachu do mean something if i'm being honest. 16 Years into the anime and Pikachu has only just been hinted at being a special Pikachu, on top of that being given extreme power albeit because of Thundurus and some unknown effect in the TR vs TP episodes. It'd be nice if they're building up to something, but they're probably not so.
    This subject always seems to split 50/50 ^_^

I do think the Charicific Valley was a little too convenient, but his claims to recon it are pretty funny. Still, you've got a point about TR implications, because Pikachu's been able to store massive amounts of electricity and even get's stronger from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pikachu shouldn't even be in the running for strongest since he is so bipolar in terms of strength.
    So Ash's starter Pokemon can't be considered? Next you'll be telling me Paul's Electivire is stronger then his Torterra XD
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th March 2013 at 11:49 PM.

I do think the Charicific Valley was a little too convenient, but his claims to recon it are pretty funny. Still, you've got a point about TR implications, because Pikachu's been able to store massive amounts of electricity and even get's stronger from it.

So Ash's starter Pokemon can't be considered? Next you'll be telling me Paul's Electivire is stronger then his Torterra XD
    We only saw Torterra for one region so his power level is stable. Ash's isn't.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Again, me too.

I never said that Charific Valley wasn't convenient, it was and was clearly used for the sole purpose of removing Charizard, the hilarious statement i was talking about is retconning the event simply because it hadn't been seen in a while.

Yeah, in the TR vs TP preview it was a powered up Quick Attack, and in the Meloetta/Giovanni Episode a powered up Electro Ball.

Again, me too.

I never said that Charific Valley wasn't convenient, it was and was clearly used for the sole purpose of removing Charizard, the hilarious statement i was talking about is retconning the event simply because it hadn't been seen in a while.

Yeah, in the TR vs TP preview it was a powered up Quick Attack, and in the Meloetta/Giovanni Episode a powered up Electro Ball.
    So true, I mean at least Charizard got a good reason to leave the team, poor Bulbasaur was shipped to Oaks because of his barely shown ability to calm arguments.

The first gym battle of Kanto proved Pikachu storage abilities... it then continued on from there.

He has a different opinion than you. Is that so strange?
    And yes the biggest issue with Pikachu is that you really can't tell half the time if its gonna remember that its a freaking legendary pikachu or suddenly demote itself to emolga/pachurisu status. You can claim that it is ONE of Ash's strongest pokemon but Charizard, Infernape, Snorlax, or Krookodile prob can give it a tough run for its money.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    We only saw Torterra for one region so his power level is stable. Ash's isn't.
    We gauge Pikachu at the end of each arc, his true strenght is at the end of the arcs and at the end of the arcs hes the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We gauge Pikachu at the end of each arc, his true strenght is at the end of the arcs and at the end of the arcs hes the strongest.
    If we average it then pikachu is hardly any stronger than one of his average power pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If we average it then pikachu is hardly any stronger than one of his average power pokemon.
    But let's think about this for a minute... Pikachu does all this stuff while being unevolved, Charizard does what it does being fully evolved, which sounds better in the long run? If Pikachu ever evolved (never gonna happen until maybe the end) there would be no question who's stronger

Average? you make te average on Pikachu level by seeing him at the end of each arc, if hes the stronger at the end of each arc, hes the strongest period.

But let's think about this for a minute... Pikachu does all this stuff while being unevolved, Charizard does what it does being fully evolved, which sounds better in the long run? If Pikachu ever evolved (never gonna happen until maybe the end) there would be no question who's stronger
    I'm pretty sure Charizard would never sink as low as getting fainted by a lab starter. Pretty sure pikachu has also never taken out 3 pokemon in a row in a 6v6 either.

Wow isn't this getting too out of hand? I don't think Pikachu's power applies to this episode at all. I do find it really biased how Blzaiken and Dusclops matches weren't shown. Even if he lost those were important matches.

I'm pretty sure Charizard would never sink as low as getting fainted by a lab starter. Pretty sure pikachu has also never taken out 3 pokemon in a row in a 6v6 either.
    Totally agree. Besides, Charizard could beat any of the pokemons Pikachu beat. Regice because of type advantage and Latios because of Dragon-type attack. Any of the others too. But we can't say the same about Pikachu, cause I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Articuno. And he fought Magmar back then and lost, then Charizard beat him.
    And Pikachu didn't beat 2 legendaries, he beat 1. He tie against Latios. If you say Pikachu beat Latios, I can say Latios beat Pikachu too.
    And Charizard has only lost to a champion's Dragonite, Blaziken and the best Frontier Brain's Dusclops. While Pikachu has lost to loads of weak pokemon, like Panpour, Snivy, Dugtrio, Servine, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Wow isn't this getting too out of hand? I don't think Pikachu's power applies to this episode at all. I do find it really biased how Blzaiken and Dusclops matches weren't shown. Even if he lost those were important matches.
    They were showing his highlight not his lowlight, kinda like you see an highlights of something else, example a boxer highlight, you will see him koing people not him being koed.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast