Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Watching it again with subs

This episode gets me right in the feels, bro
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

I really didn't like this episode cuz we were promised lots of cool flash backs but they mostly showed Charizard's bad moments and things that we didn't need to be reminded of and I wanted to see more of Brock and Misty. I also didn't like the animation in the new scenes cuz they didn't look identical to the originals so whatever. If the ratings are any indication I guess it's time for the show to go in a different direction cuz obviously kids in Japan don't care about old Pokemon they just want the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    I really didn't like this episode cuz we were promised lots of cool flash backs but they mostly showed Charizard's bad moments and things that we didn't need to be reminded of...
    I didn't know they showed Charizard's losses against Blaziken and Dusclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    I really didn't like this episode cuz we were promised lots of cool flash backs but they mostly showed Charizard's bad moments and things that we didn't need to be reminded of and I wanted to see more of Brock and Misty. I also didn't like the animation in the new scenes cuz they didn't look identical to the originals so whatever. If the ratings are any indication I guess it's time for the show to go in a different direction cuz obviously kids in Japan don't care about old Pokemon they just want the new ones.
    If they stuck with the old animation footage, it'd be a huge contrast against the episode set in the current times and wouldn't look good when aired as one episode.

If anything the flashbacks taught us that Charmander probably should've gone to Brock rather than Ash.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    If they stuck with the old animation footage, it'd be a huge contrast against the episode set in the current times and wouldn't look good when aired as one episode.

If anything the flashbacks taught us that Charmander probably should've gone to Brock rather than Ash.
    Yeah and then Charizard wouldn't have been as popular today. Or it might have not even evolved. Brock didn't really battle all that well and was on the sidelines, so how would a Charmander(one of the most popular kanto starter pokemon) go to someone who wasn't using his pokemon much back then?

My ideal battle ever!

LOL Poor Iris. She wanted to raise a charmander xD
    Last edited by Sushi; 13th April 2013 at 2:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    LOL Poor Iris. She wanted to raise a charmander xD
    Couldn't you have put that in a spoilers tag? Too big. She is such a child. kodomo ne.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah and then Charizard wouldn't have been as popular today. Or it might have not even evolved. Brock didn't really battle all that well and was on the sidelines, so how would a Charmander(one of the most popular kanto starter pokemon) go to someone who wasn't using his pokemon much back then?
    Perhaps I didn't make it clear. I don't think the Charizard-Ash plot was really planned from the beginning. All I'm saying is that, based on Charmander's first episode and based off of the trainer who helped it the most, and therefore the trainer helping it the most getting him, Charmander should've gone to Brock. He was much more directly confrontational and angry with Damien than Ash was.

Now with the benefit of hindsite, we know what is to come with Ash owning Charmander. But based off of the one episode and BRock's good deeds, in that episode, he probably should've gotten Charmander.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. I don't think the Charizard-Ash plot was really planned from the beginning. All I'm saying is that, based on Charmander's first episode and based off of the trainer who helped it the most, and therefore the trainer helping it the most getting him, Charmander should've gone to Brock. He was much more directly confrontational and angry with Damien than Ash was.

Now with the benefit of hindsite, we know what is to come with Ash owning Charmander. But based off of the one episode and BRock's good deeds, in that episode, he probably should've gotten Charmander.
    Yeah but the real point of all of this was that Ash got it anyway. I couldn't see Brock with Charmander back then even though he helped it. Just because he did, doesn't mean Brock woulddn't have had problems with it either or that Charmander would have evolved at all. And if I'm not mistakened, Misty was angry and well as Ash about how Charmander was. Just like Iris was more angerier with how Tepig was treated with it's old trainer. Doesn't mean that person who was more madder was going to get a certain pokemon or not.

But let me stop this because it makes no sense talking about it so long ago. What's important was that Charmander didn't go back to Damien or he could have been Ash's rival.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 22nd April 2013 at 7:51 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah but the real poing of all of this was that Ash got it anyway. I couldn't see Brock with Cahrmander back then even though he helped it. Just because he did, doesn't mean Brock woulddn't have had problems with it either or that Charmander would have evolved at all. And if I'm not mistakened, Misty was angry and well as Ash about how Charmander was. Just like Iris was more angerier with how Tepig was treated with it's old trainer. Doesn't mean that person who was more madder was going to get a certain pokemon or not.

But let me stop this because it makes no sense talking about it so long ago. What's important was that Charmander didn't go back to Damien or he could have been Ash's rival.
    However, Ash put more investment into Tepig than Iris did, it wasn't about Iris being madder than Ash.

But you could argue that Brock put more investment into Charmander than Ash did.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    However, Ash put more investment into Tepig than Iris did, it wasn't about Iris being madder than Ash.

But you could argue that Brock put more investment into Charmander than Ash did.
    Yeah but that doesn't really matter. Those pokemon still chose Ash over them, so it doesn't matter what you thought could have happened. If you don't like how Ash had got certain fire pokemon, than you can always complain to the writers.(Like they would care)

My ideal battle ever!

The battle between them was amazing! it was obvious that charizard would have won.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

So many feels! It was nice to see Ash not call Iris a kid when she made the mistake about Charizard being a dragon type

This means Boldore is the only non starter on Ash's team right now

I have to admit, when I saw that episode as a kid, I felt the same way too, but maybe it was supposed to hint to Charmander disobeying Ash after evolving

Anyway, I just watched the dub episode and it was still just as amazing. I loved how they practically kept the dialogue in the flashbacks word for word. Though the only thing I didn't like was Misty's voice
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

This episode is so awesome in the dub! Pidgetto got it color back

I still think Dragonite lost that match, I felt like someone should've yelled out KO when Charizard smashed him with Dragon Tail.

I'm glad the dub kept the original dialogue and made notice of the Orange Islands, Battle Frontier, and the Johto League, because I was sure they would have done a 4Kids and said those battles were just on some routes. And I'm glad they finally shut up those people who said it didn't make sense that Oak had Charizard: Before he sent him to Ash, he contacted Liza at the Valley.

BUT SWEET JESUS WHAT HAPPENED TO MISTY'S VA?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I have to admit, when I saw that episode as a kid, I felt the same way too, but maybe it was supposed to hint to Charmander disobeying Ash after evolving

Anyway, I just watched the dub episode and it was still just as amazing. I loved how they practically kept the dialogue in the flashbacks word for word. Though the only thing I didn't like was Misty's voice
    Who is doing Misty now?

Such an amazing episode! Charizard returning and being epic, flashbacks, awesome animation, epic battles, epic music (Gym Leader Last Pokémon). It was all there! This is definitely one of my favorite BW episodes (probably Top 2) and easily one of my favorites overall.

Noticed that the Pidgeotto head and Aerodactyl leg errors were fixed in the dub. Didn't know if the other errors were fixed, but I'll rewatch it later to check.

By the way, this is the 777th episode of the Pokémon anime. We won jackpot with this episode!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I love this episode so much! Totally worth the wait! This was a huge trip down memory lane. The Kanto festival was neat, and I got goosebumps seeing the Magikarp Salesman again!

That pink haired hostess sounds like shes voiced by Lisa Ortiz, which is a good match. Charmander was too cute, but glad they didn't focus on it all episode.

The HD remade scenes were amazing, but it looks like everyone had their TCPi voice actors, and not the originals (expected). Ash was still voiced by Sarah and Brock was still voiced by Bill Rogers. This was the first time Misty ever got any speaking lines since Season 8. So I wonder who voiced Misty in those flashbacks.

Oh yeah, I also saw that those errors from the flashbacks were edited. Didn't think they would do that. Pidgeotto's hair is re-colored the right way, same with Aerodactyl's foot, and Ash's sleeve when he left Charizard?

I felt satisfied seeing the remade scene between Charizard VS Articuno in the Battle Frontier. That was Charizards' last great victory until now (not counting the Battle Pyramid).

Someone refresh my memory; were some of those remade scenes incorrect? Like VS Koga, the battle was outside instead of inside, and Charizard VS Sparky was suppose to be VS Zippo?

When Ash traded in Unfezant to Charizard, Prof Oak said Swellow and Staraptor will enjoy having a new playmate. But what about Noctowl?

Charizard coming back was a sight to see. I'm glad Iris and Cilan understood what Ash has gone through prior to going on their journey all together. Yeah Iris, whose the kid now?

Having N around made the ride even better. It was just plain awesome to hear him say how much he can feel the history of Charizard when he met him.

Charizard VS Dragonite was pretty epic, and I felt amused by Cilan and N's remark on their "Likes Attract" moment.

POKE NOOB MOMENT. Iris thought Charizard was a Dragon type. Even Charizard and Dragonite were "=_=" about that. xD

I'm so excited to have more Charizard time now that he's part of the team.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 8th June 2013 at 3:13 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So many good memories surfaced during that episode. I was sifting through more in my head, like Ash's battles with Drake, Falkner and Harrison. Nostalgia-trip all the way.
    +Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

I liked cilan calling out iris as also being a kid. And it seems like damian kept his dub voice which was cool.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I love this episode so much! Totally worth the wait! This was a huge trip down memory lane. The Kanto festival was neat, and I got goosebumps seeing the Magikarp Salesman again!

That pink haired hostess sounds like shes voiced by Lisa Ortiz, which is a good match. Charmander was too cute, but glad they didn't focus on it all episode.

The HD remade scenes were amazing, but it looks like everyone had their TCPi voice actors, and not the originals (expected). Ash was still voiced by Sarah and Brock was still voiced by Bill Rogers. This was the first time Misty ever got any speaking lines since Season 8. So I wonder who voiced Misty in those flashbacks.

Oh yeah, I also saw that those errors from the flashbacks were edited. Didn't think they would do that. Pidgeotto's hair is re-colored the right way, same with Aerodactyl's foot, and Ash's sleeve when he left Charizard?

I felt satisfied seeing the remade scene between Charizard VS Articuno in the Battle Frontier. That was Charizards' last great victory until now (not counting the Battle Pyramid).

Someone refresh my memory; were some of those remade scenes incorrect? Like VS Koga, the battle was outside instead of inside, and Charizard VS Sparky was suppose to be VS Zippo?

When Ash traded in Unfezant to Charizard, Prof Oak said Swellow and Staraptor will enjoy having a new playmate. But what about Noctowl?

Charizard coming back was a sight to see. I'm glad Iris and Cilan understood what Ash has gone through prior to going on their journey all together. Yeah Iris, whose the kid now?

Having N around made the ride even better. It was just plain awesome to hear him say how much he can feel the history of Charizard when he met him.

Charizard VS Dragonite was pretty epic, and I felt amused by Cilan and N's remark on their "Likes Attract" moment.

POKE NOOB MOMENT. Iris thought Charizard was a Dragon type. Even Charizard and Dragonite were "=_=" about that. xD

I don't know about VS Koga, but VS Sparky is correct. Charizard was willing to fight Charmander because it seemed to want to only fight Fire Types back then.

I'm guessing Noctowl doesn't fly around as much as Swellow & Staraptor. A better question is, what about Pidgeot?

I agree with everything else you say!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

If I recall, the fight against Koga was moved outside after Team Rocket interfered. And Charizard did defeat Zippo, but it wasn't anything special. The scene with Sparky was just to emphasize that Charizard wouldn't cooperate at crucial moments.

Noctowl's clearly the silent type and he's smart enough not to challenge Swellow to a race. Plus he has bling on his side and you know ladies love that shine.

+Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

Misty sounded like Iris in this episode!

No the flashbacks were all correct, Koga's battle against Charmander was outside and Zippo lost prior to Sparky going out

And Noctowl is one of Ash's calm and collective Pokemon, the ones that're like the mature teens of his group, so I could see him watching over everyone play while making sure everything is running smooth. I could see Noctowl hanging with Torterra, Buizel, and Sceptile rather than the more playful of the bunch.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast