Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    -The new-gen flashbacks were interesting to see but i still wonder if PUSA couldn't use original footage from the 4kids era because of copyright? Or it legally belongs to 4kids?
    That has got nothing to do with it as that wasn't a problem for the original Japanese version. They made everything BW style so it wouldn't seem out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    This is a much needed episode mainly because the first half of the BW saga had absolutely no flashbacks or references to Ash's previous adventures whatsoever it was as if they never happened! While it's a shame the flashbacks didn't use their original audio the animation (despite being computer animated) was virtually identical. Overall a very much needed episode! It's good to see that the writers still remember the original fans of the anime! To tell you the truth I was pretty nervous
    Or you could watch the first episode and see that your statement is completely wrong.

I noticed how in the flashbacks, they used some of the dialogue 4kids used instead of a straight translation. Interesting.
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

Loved this episode so much! so great to see charizard returning :P i did tear up a wittle :3
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Damn, that was an amazing episode! Great to see Charizard back, and all those flashbacks, it really brings me back. Misty and Brock, and even Damien. I thought it was "Damian," though. The writers really out-did themselves for the jackpot-numbered episode, 777. One of my favorite episodes.

666th episode was one of my favorites, as well, since that was when Ash caught Snivy, one of my favorite Pokémon.

Here's hoping the 888th episode will be as good as this one.

I felt kind of awkward watching the flashbacks in his new voice. the flashback scenes seemed forced. sarah portrays ash so differently.

Saw the dub for this episode, and it sucked....the episode is good, but not really the dub.
    Misty sounds NOTHING like she did in the OS (and her cameos), or even MOMP. I liked Bill Rogers, surprisingly. Zoppi as Professor Oak proved to be the worst.
    I did like Damian's voice (his was the one I was worried about the most) and Koga's.
    I still don't like how the Charizard vs Dragonite match went unresolved, though.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

charizard's back! ....now where did i leave that champagne i was saving for this moment?

Things i liked

The magikarp salesmen appears

Ash tells the gang why he has Pikachu as his first pokemon

Cilian mentions Charzard is like Dragonite and Exadrill.

But i would like Cilian to introduce his pokemon to Charzard.
    But back in the flashbacks They used ashs modern voice, and the evolutions were the new unova evolutions. But i like how some of them are modernized.

Good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    charizard's back! ....now where did i leave that champagne i was saving for this moment?
    Trust me...it's not worth it.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Oh, the Magikarp Salesman.

Why didn't James appear in this episode? I liked that regional running gag...

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Saw the dub for this episode, and it sucked....the episode is good, but not really the dub.
    Misty sounds NOTHING like she did in the OS (and her cameos), or even MOMP. I liked Bill Rogers, surprisingly. Zoppi as Professor Oak proved to be the worst.
    I did like Damian's voice (his was the one I was worried about the most) and Koga's.
    I still don't like how the Charizard vs Dragonite match went unresolved, though.
    Yep, for all two of her lines.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Or you could watch the first episode and see that your statement is completely wrong.
    OK! With the exception of the first episode can you name any Flashbacks or References to Ash's previous adventures in the first half of the BW saga?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

The dub was decent for the last good ep we'll have until XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Your point?
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

When a voice sucks, it simply sucks. Doesn't matter how short a duration a time it was. I completely agree with StickerStarYoshi.

They have had 7 years to get it right. Like it or not, there's no excuse for crappy performances at this point.

My thoughts:

Ash- Good, but lacked emotion. Taylor was better because she was more natural and less forced, and for the emotion she put into the role.
    Brock- Bad at first, good, then bad again. Stuart was better because his voice is higher pitched and fits his age better, but Bill was tolerable.
    Misty- No contest. Lillis was FAR better. She sounds like Iris now. :/
    Damian- Can go either way, really, but Blaustein won this one solely because of nostalgia.
    Koga- Horrible. Stuart Zagnit was better.
    Professor Oak- Nightmarishly bad. Stuart Zagnit was better. The worst by far.
    Squirtle- Nearly dead on ringer for Eric's. Excellent.
    Bulbasaur- Good enough impression of Tara Jayne. Good job.
    All Other Pokémon- Simply pathetic. Poor job.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    I felt kind of awkward watching the flashbacks in his new voice. the flashback scenes seemed forced. sarah portrays ash so differently.
    Yeah, the voice itself is pretty close, but it sounds SO strained and forced. Taylor was far more natural.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 6:09 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I agree, if someone is going to voice a character in the first place, they have to be BEARABLE.

Aerodactyl did not sound right.
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 9th June 2013 at 6:15 PM.

Your point?
    As in, Misty had so few lines in the flashbacks that they barely totaled three seconds. I don't see how you could complain about her voice after something so insignificant.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

As in, Misty had so few lines in the flashbacks that they barely totaled three seconds. I don't see how you could complain about her voice after something so insignificant.
    I don't see how you can't complain, considering they've had 7 years to get it right, and still haven't. It's ridiculous they still have trouble after all this time has passed.

It's simply unacceptable at this point. Bill Rogers simply CANNOT yell as Brock at all (his voice was surprisingly good, and nothing like the constipated DP Brock at all), Michele can't play Misty, and Sarah's Ash still lacks a natural feeling and emotion to it after all this time (ironically her voice is now the closest to the 4Kids voice, IMO).

The less said about Professor Oak, the better. I don't even want to begin to describe the numerous issues with that one. It's self-explanatory.

I agree, if someone is going to voice a character in the first place, they have to be BEARABLE.

Aerodactyl did not sound right.
    Aerodactyl sounded like he was mentally...yeah.

Bill's Brock is DRAMATICALLY better in voice than in DP, but he CANNOT yell as Brock. That's actually my issue with him now.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 6:43 PM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Would it have been possible to take the audio from the old episodes and apply them to the flashbacks here? Or would there've being sound quality issues? Legalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I don't see how you can't complain, considering they've had 7 years to get it right, and still haven't. It's ridiculous they still have trouble after all this time has passed.

It's simply unacceptable at this point. Bill Rogers simply CANNOT yell as Brock at all (his voice was surprisingly good, and nothing like the constipated DP Brock at all), Michele can't play Misty, and Sarah's Ash still lacks a natural feeling and emotion to it after all this time (ironically her voice is now the closest to the 4Kids voice, IMO).

The less said about Professor Oak, the better. I don't even want to begin to describe that one.

Aerodactyl sounded like he was mentally...yeah.
    So...are you implying that they have to spend their time on a character which will only appear 7 years later and speak for a grand total of 1 second?

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    So...are you implying that they have to spend their time on a character which will only appear 7 years later and speak for a grand total of 1 second?
    You know perfectly well what I mean. In general, they STILL have issues that should have been resolved long ago. It's not just Misty (obviously). Sarah's Ash sounds too forced and strained, and wasn't emotionally believable. -_-

There's simply no excuse for Professor Oak's voice. I'm sorry.

Keep in mind Ash and Professor Oak are still on the show. I suppose I can cut the other two some slack, though.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Would it have been possible to take the audio from the old episodes and apply them to the flashbacks here? Or would there've being sound quality issues? Legalities.
    Legalities.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 6:48 PM.

You know perfectly well what I mean. In general, they STILL have issues. -_-
    The only reason you guys are complaining because you saw the original version of the english dub. To the dubbing artists, Misty is as good as a CoTD....or should I say CoTS? So they'll obviously put minimal effort.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    The only reason you guys are complaining because you saw the original version of the english dub. To the dubbing artists, Misty is as good as a CoTD....or should I say CoTS? So they'll obviously put minimal effort.
    Well, can you blame me? I'd expect them to try harder, you know? I get what you're saying, I do, but it's absurd how little effort is exerted.

Don't get me wrong, the BW dub is a VAST improvement over the BF and DP dubs, but it still has issues. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 6:52 PM.

Well, can you blame me? I'd expect them to try harder, you know?

Don't get me wrong, this is VAST improvement over the BF and DP dubs, but it still has issues. That's all I'm saying.
    No, you shouldn't expect them to try hard on 1 sec. If Misty does appear some time later...then you get to do the complaining. I am not saying you complaining about Prof. Oak's voice is wrong..because he will appear a lot from now onwards.

<--My tumblr

\

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast