Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    No, you shouldn't expect them to try hard on 1 sec. If Misty does appear some time later...then you get to do the complaining. I am not saying you complaining about Prof. Oak's voice is wrong..because he will appear a lot from now onwards.
    Okay, I get what you're saying now. That's fine. I thought you were saying it was wrong to complain about Professor Oak's voice. I mean, only because we still have to listen to him for a ton of upcoming episodes.

It's just amazing to me that they've had so long, and they still don't stack up yet. There is no real emotional investment from Ash's VA, either. Sure, her voice is really good now, but she feels so unnatural and forced.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 5:55 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    As in, Misty had so few lines in the flashbacks that they barely totaled three seconds. I don't see how you could complain about her voice after something so insignificant.
    She still voiced her, didn't she? I have every right to complain about her voice...especially if one of the lines are lame.

I might be a bit harsh on her, considering the circumstances, but I still expected better.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    She still voiced her, didn't she? I have every right to complain about her voice...especially if one of the lines are lame.

I might be a bit harsh on her, considering the circumstances, but I still expected better.
    Same here. I am being really harsh myself, but that's only because if they must insist on replacing the original VAs, that they should do a job at least equal to or better than them. That has yet to happen, IMO.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Okay, I get what you're saying now. That's fine. I thought you were saying it was wrong to complain about Professor Oak's voice. I mean, only because we still have to listen to him for a ton of upcoming episodes.

It's just amazing to me that they've had so long, and they still don't stack up yet. There is no real emotional investment from Ash's VA, either. Sure, her voice is really good now, but she feels so unnatural and forced.
    To be honest, I don't think anyone can emulate Ash's Japanese emotion and way of talking into English. It's just the Japanese language is the original and quite different from English. I mean (this is just my opinion, don't eat me for it) I find Rica Matsumoto's Satoshi a lot better than even Veronica Taylor's Ash. I don't think English originated cartoons have this problem...I am not sure though, I don't watch Ben10 or anything.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

No, you shouldn't expect them to try hard on 1 sec. If Misty does appear some time later...then you get to do the complaining. I am not saying you complaining about Prof. Oak's voice is wrong..because he will appear a lot from now onwards.
    He will? Nice I love Oak

This episode was incredibly fantastic and nostalgic. It was so great to see all things Kanto again, especially Charizard.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    He will? Nice I love Oak
    Professor Oak's voice was terrible, IMHO. :/

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was incredibly fantastic and nostalgic. It was so great to see all things Kanto again, especially Charizard.
    A bit. The recast voices sucked a lot of fun away from it for me.

To be honest, I don't think anyone can emulate Ash's Japanese emotion and way of talking into English. It's just the Japanese language is the original and quite different from English. I mean (this is just my opinion, don't eat me for it) I find Rica Matsumoto's Satoshi a lot better than even Veronica Taylor's Ash. I don't think English originated cartoons have this problem...I am not sure though, I don't watch Ben10 or anything.
    I don't mind. I really don't care for his JPN seiyu as much as I care for the dub. I would rather Sarah Natochenny go for Veronica Taylor than Rica Matsumoto anyway. No offense, of course, but I just like to see it in English more.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 9:56 PM.

Oak's voice is terrible. :/
    Mostly when compared to Zaget's Oak. I dunno. On it's own, it seems tolerable (assuming Zaget never showed up for auditions WAY back). Sadly, following after the greats isn't easy and side-by-side, the better one's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Mostly when compared to Zaget's Oak. I dunno. On it's own, it seems tolerable (assuming Zaget never showed up for auditions WAY back). Sadly, following after the greats isn't easy and side-by-side, the better one's obvious.
    Yeah, as a stand-alone performance, it's tolerable. When compared to Zagnit's, it's downright horrible though.

A lot of the current VAs are just annoying when you compare them side-by-side to the original English VAs, IMO.

I suppose on their own merit, they're all okay. It's just annoying to hear some of them sound so off.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    I felt kind of awkward watching the flashbacks in his new voice. the flashback scenes seemed forced. sarah portrays ash so differently.
    She used to do a terrible job in BF and DP, but I don't see a big difference in BW.
    I think it's really how forced and strained she sounds, along with the lack in emotion, that did her in today.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th June 2013 at 10:46 PM.

I couldn't be more happier with this episode, it brought back so many memories and I had to smile from ear to ear.

At the beginning of the episode, it was all the little bits that made me smile; the Magikarp salesman and the video by Professor oak presenting the Kanto starters was just perfect for the festival. The middle of the episode was for the nostalgia. All the re-mastered scenes were amazing and it was just lovely to see Ash talk so deeply about his past adventures. Then finally, the star of the show returned in the flesh and we were treated to a battle between two of the strongest Pokémon currently in the gang's teams. I can't wait to see what we have in store now because I think this is where the arc is going to take off.

Can't wait till the next episode so onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Professor Oak sounds like a squeakier Gary Oak. Misty's voice was totally not Misty. Aerodactyl's voice made me chuckle. Damien's voice wasn't quite right. Squirtle was pitch perfect.

The Snow Way Out scene lacked emotional punch with Ash's current voice. SN is getting a lot better in sounding more like VT but the emotional range/acting choices aren't there yet.

Finally, the new animation didn't capture some of the events the way they actually happened (it's minor but still there). I also noticed they changed some of the dialogue during the flashbacks.

Overall, decent episode but I still watch the OS a lot which essentially takes away from nostalgia viewing.

Wonderful episode and I'm glad they changed those mistakes with Aerodactyl and Pidgeotto.

He will? Nice I love Oak
    No, he won't appear "a lot from now onwards" and I'm talking about the confirmed episodes so far. But this is off topic anyway.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Almost forgot.

Dammit, N! Ash was this close to breaking his losing streak till you walked in-between!

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    Professor Oak sounds like a squeakier Gary Oak. Misty's voice was totally not Misty. Aerodactyl's voice made me chuckle. Damien's voice wasn't quite right. Squirtle was pitch perfect.

The Snow Way Out scene lacked emotional punch with Ash's current voice. SN is getting a lot better in sounding more like VT but the emotional range/acting choices aren't there yet.

Finally, the new animation didn't capture some of the events the way they actually happened (it's minor but still there). I also noticed they changed some of the dialogue during the flashbacks.

Overall, decent episode but I still watch the OS a lot which essentially takes away from nostalgia viewing.
    Brownie, I completely agree with you.

I'd like to chime in and say Bill's Brock sounded a lot better than he did in DP, I'll even say he was good today, but his yelling makes Brock sounds constipated. I much prefer Eric's version, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Wonderful episode and I'm glad they changed those mistakes with Aerodactyl and Pidgeotto.

No, he won't appear "a lot from now onwards" and I'm talking about the confirmed episodes so far. But this is off topic anyway.
    I said he'll appear in many upcoming episodes. You're mincing my words.

Dub episode was passable. Nothing special, yet not bad either.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th June 2013 at 12:57 AM.

I just came in to say that I watched the dub of ~The Best Episode Ever~. It was obviously a lot worse simply because the VA in this series (and the writing) has kind of always been....not that good (I like nostalgia, but I can barely watch dubs even of the older episodes), but that's expected. It was a blast to see all of it again in English, and honestly just a joy in every way.

Then I stumbled across a reply from the last time I was in this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    OK that is where I stopped reading becuz that's completely subjective. I thought this episode was really good but it's the Charizard fan group that ruined the whole experience for me becuz their the ones who over rate Charizard and kiss his butt when ever he gets mentioned and things just got worse now that he actually came back. O and by the way I totally felt that Dragonite deserved to win becuz he's strong and he doesnt have to get an episode all to himself just to prove it. Too bad that N just had to ruin things even more by interupting the match but well OK that's fine I just hope Dragonite gets to prove he's the better Pokemon later on.
    You "stopped reading because that's completely subjective"? What, do you always stop reading when you come across something completely subjective? Of course it's subjective! There's no objective grounds that dictate Charizard's absolute superiority to the other 648 Pokemon. I didn't think I would have to spell out to you that that's an opinion. I didn't think I'd have to add an "IMO" to the post to make it clear to you that "x is the best Pokemon" is an opinion. Clearly I do. Next time I state an opinion, I'll add an "IMO" just to be safe.

Oh no. I won't. That would be lame.

And if a good episode is "ruined" for you by Charizard's fans that is your problem. Absolutely your problem. Not mine, not ours.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 10th June 2013 at 4:23 AM.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. Huge nostalgic episode.

However, there are a few things that really bugged me, but can be understandable. The first thing was how they had to alter the eyes of the Kanto Ash to fit the new Unova style. It looked WAY too weird to see those eyes with that outfit we all grew up with. I understand they felt they needed to make it consistent, but come on

The next thing that's more understandable but still bothered me was that they didn't keep the original voice actor for Kanto Ash when he spoke. Yeah, I know, it'd be weird to have two different voices for some and they'd also have to probably pay the original voice actor something, though I doubt they'd have to pay her much. The same has to go wit the voices of Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard's (at least Ash's). Those shouldn't have been touched.

However, putting those things aside, it was a nice reunion moment. Though I'm not a huge Charizard fan, it's nice to see him bringing back one of his old pokemon back into his roster. I also liked how they mentioned Pidgetto for a split second when they were in the cave (though that'll probably be the last you ever hear of his Pidgeot lol). I also liked how Oak mentioned his other two flying types that are at his lab and how Ash sent Unfezant with them.

Now, all I want is Bayleef to come back and I'll be happy .

EDIT: WOOT FOR SPARKY!
    Last edited by Zormon; 10th June 2013 at 6:34 AM.

[QUOTE=Dwail8023;16052344]Professor Oak's voice was terrible, IMHO. :/

I meant the character himself not the voice. TBH when it is a kiddy show I let voices slide. And have never been to bugged by the voices in Pokemon. Yet when Megan Hollingshead was replaced as Mai in Yugioh! MY GOD I CRIED!!!

As for the episode itself why was Ash so nice to Iris? It was his chance to call her a kid towards the end and he was like "Nah I'll just be helpful instead!"

I meant the character himself not the voice. TBH when it is a kiddy show I let voices slide. And have never been to bugged by the voices in Pokemon. Yet when Megan Hollingshead was replaced as Mai in Yugioh! MY GOD I CRIED!!!

As for the episode itself why was Ash so nice to Iris? It was his chance to call her a kid towards the end and he was like "Nah I'll just be helpful instead!"
    Ash's always nice. He would laugh at someone's mistake, but he'll also point it out and correct them. He's your typical shounen boy like Goku, Naruto etc...albeit a less badass version.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Joy it's the Charizard fan wank episode, the ratings must have been really piss poor for the writer's to trot out another one of their crutches in Charizard. I'm sick of Charizard the only time he's good is when he's in league battle or a factory battle. The relience of the writers on Charizard is what ruined a good portion of Kanto & the Orange Islands. So now we begin the countdown until we have Charizard vs. Reshirarm because the writer's are to lazy to bring back Zekrom. This was a complete waste of an episode that could've actually done a good job of actually showing off the Kanto region.
    1) You clearly don't remember Kanto and Orange Islands. Let me refresh it for you: Charizard starred in less number of official battles than Bulbasaur. I'm not sure how it ruined it for you

2) I will talk to you again four or five weeks later because you are under delusion if you think Charizard will do anything.

3) You seem to hate Charizard a lot. I am not a Charizard fan, but I hate people hating on something for no reason. Like I said, look at your post after five weeks and feel how silly you are:Z

<--My tumblr

\

I get you, but I do not like the TPCi voice cast that much. Never really have, never really will. I much prefer 4Kids' voice cast myself.

I was also horrified by Mai's horrendous, horrendous voice during the DOMA Arc of YGO, but this whole voice cast has made me cry too many times due to how different (or just plain bad for some, IMO) everyone sounds.

Thankfully Ash and Brock no longer sound like chainsmokers or old men (respectively) *glares at DP*, but I'll always miss the old VA cast myself. I miss when the characters sounded fully believable and natural in voice and emotion to me.

Does that mean I think they suck? No. They have their own way of doing things, and I respect that for what it's worth. I may not show it at all, but that's my thoughts there.

Does that mean I do not like them myself? Yes. I'm used to them after 7 years, but I'm not a big fan of the way the characters have been played over the years.

As for the episode itself? Ash was nice to Iris because he is a pimp, and he must keep his stable of girls healthy so that he may maintain his everlasting fountain of youth that keeps him at the ripe young age of 10. JK. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormon View Post
    Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. Huge nostalgic episode.

However, there are a few things that really bugged me, but can be understandable. The first thing was how they had to alter the eyes of the Kanto Ash to fit the new Unova style. It looked WAY too weird to see those eyes with that outfit we all grew up with. I understand they felt they needed to make it consistent, but come on

The next thing that's more understandable but still bothered me was that they didn't keep the original voice actor for Kanto Ash when he spoke. Yeah, I know, it'd be weird to have two different voices for some and they'd also have to probably pay the original voice actor something, though I doubt they'd have to pay her much. The same has to go wit the voices of Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard's (at least Ash's). Those shouldn't have been touched.

However, putting those things aside, it was a nice reunion moment. Though I'm not a huge Charizard fan, it's nice to see him bringing back one of his old pokemon back into his roster. I also liked how they mentioned Pidgetto for a split second when they were in the cave (though that'll probably be the last you ever hear of his Pidgeot lol). I also liked how Oak mentioned his other two flying types that are at his lab and how Ash sent Unfezant with them.

Now, all I want is Bayleef to come back and I'll be happy .

EDIT: WOOT FOR SPARKY!
    They didn't keep the original English voice actors for anyone. rofl.

Anyway, it was still a good dub episode. I gave it a 8/10 before, so I'll give it the same score again. Would've liked it more with the original voice actors, but what can I say? The show itself hasn't felt the same to me since AG146 anyway. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th June 2013 at 3:31 PM.

I get you, but I do not like the TPCi voice cast that much. Never really have, never really will. I much prefer 4Kids' voice cast myself.

I was also horrified by Mai's horrendous, horrendous voice during the DOMA Arc of YGO, but this whole voice cast has made me cry too many times due to how different (or just plain bad for some, IMO) everyone sounds.

Thankfully Ash and Brock no longer sound like chainsmokers or old men (respectively) *glares at DP*, but I'll always miss the old VA cast myself. I miss when the characters sounded fully believable and natural in voice and emotion to me.

Does that mean I think they suck? No. They have their own way of doing things, and I respect that for what it's worth. I may not show it at all, but that's my thoughts there.

Does that mean I do not like them myself? Yes. I'm used to them after 7 years, but I'm not a big fan of the way the characters have been played over the years.

As for the episode itself? Ash was nice to Iris because he is a pimp, and he must keep his stable of girls healthy so that he may maintain his everlasting fountain of youth that keeps him at the ripe young age of 10. JK. XD.

They didn't keep the original English voice actors for anyone. rofl.

Anyway, it was still a good dub episode. I gave it a 8/10 before, so I'll give it the same score again. Would've liked it more with the original voice actors, but what can I say? The show itself hasn't felt the same to me since AG146 anyway. XD.

I think one thing to take into consideration (That took me years to think off) was did the new voice coach want them to sound like the old voices to begin with or just do there own thing. Because if they were told to sound like the old cast like how the new LT actors in looney Toons Show do impressions of the Mel Blanc characters I can see why people would be upset. But if they were told to make up voices like the Funi One Piece I think it is not so much anyone's fault. At the end of the day I think it a lot more complicated then fans think. I can see why people would get mad in a flashback scene like this. Ironically the one voice in the flashback that sounded spot on was Damien and his VA passed away. (Unless they used old stock audio and not a new person)

Yeah I also gave it a solid 8/10, even though I expected a winner from the awesome battle in the end. Perhaps in the future.

I said he'll appear in many upcoming episodes. You're mincing my words.
    But he won't appear in "many" upcoming episodes... And I'm obviously talking about the episodes known so far. That's the whole point. You shouldn't put his hopes high saying that because until now he only had a significant appearance in the episode:
        Spoiler:- :
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Just saw this episode today, and I think it's among the best episodes this season had to offer. The battles like the one between Charizard and Dragonite is very sporadic, but very awesome. At least they showed mutual respect after the battle.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Just watched the episode, and have a question. When Charizard and Dragonite battle, Iris calls out a move that is obviously ThunderPunch, but to me it sounded like she said Mega Punch. Anyone else hear that or was it just me? I could swear she said Mega Punch.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Yeah I also gave it a solid 8/10, even though I expected a winner from the awesome battle in the end. Perhaps in the future.

But he won't appear in "many" upcoming episodes... And I'm obviously talking about the episodes known so far. That's the whole point. You shouldn't put his hopes high saying that because until now he only had a significant appearance in the episode:
        Spoiler:- :
    Oh, I see. XD.

I think one thing to take into consideration (That took me years to think off) was did the new voice coach want them to sound like the old voices to begin with or just do there own thing. Because if they were told to sound like the old cast like how the new LT actors in looney Toons Show do impressions of the Mel Blanc characters I can see why people would be upset. But if they were told to make up voices like the Funi One Piece I think it is not so much anyone's fault. At the end of the day I think it a lot more complicated then fans think. I can see why people would get mad in a flashback scene like this. Ironically the one voice in the flashback that sounded spot on was Damien and his VA passed away. (Unless they used old stock audio and not a new person)
    I completely agree with you on Damian. He sounded spot on. Everyone else ranged from good (Ash/Brock (when he doesn't yell)/Magikarp Salesman/Squirtle/Bulbasaur) to bad (Brock (only when yelling)/Misty/Aerodactyl/Charmeleon).

I'm only so harsh on them because the old VAs were forced off the show and these guys refuse to drop the roles despite fan outcry for them to bring back the old cast. Frankly, I feel the old cast was royally screwed over, hence why I'm so critical of their performances.

We were promised sound-alikes, hence why I am upset. But more than that, it seems like they are trying to WIPE OUT memory of the ENTIRE original English dub in the first place. It hurt enough they recast the voices to me, but this is just harsh and hurts me on a very personal level.
    Last edited by Sushi; 11th June 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast