Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

I haven't been more excited to see an episode in a LONG time! I was surprised by the pics of this ep for a number of reasons:

-Seem the majority of the episode is about Ash flashing back to the old days of him and Charizard. I think this is the first time we've ever seen a Pokemon ep that was all about flash-backs. Except maybe that Team Rocket episode from the Pokemon Chronicles. But that doesn't really count does it?

- The flashbacks in today's animation, i'm looking forward to the most. and seeing Brock and Misty cameos was a surprise too. Not really Brock cuz he's already been mentioned last season. But Misty, we haven't seen since Pokemon Advanced Battle. Wonder if they will have speaking roles.

-Though I wish they would use the actual footages from past seasons instead of "upconverting them to HD" but i guess it's a legal thing with 4kids or something which is retarded to me.

-That woman that was with the Charmander at the festival...Please don't tell me that was a Nurse Joy? Or a new nurse? Would've been interesting to see both the current and past Nurse Joy together.

-Seeing Tracy's cameo was nice too.

Definitely looking forward to this ep in a few months. I wonder why the sudden Kanto business? I'm guessing but maybe since the Pokemon anime appeared in the US in '98 they're doing a 15 year anniversary nod to it later this year?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    It was also cool that Iris got the your such a little kid momment
    lol I thought the same thing. I was like 'Silly Iris, Charizard's not a dragon-type. You're such a little kid gawd'

Can I remind you all NOT to ask for the episode or where to watch it. It's illegal to have the episodes uploaded and as such, we will start infracting

I hope Ash has Bulbasaur and Squirtle appear at some point, even if only for a single ep. It bothered me seeing those other Kanto starters Oak was showing off.

Saw the pictures, looks nice to me.

Magikarp Salesman easter egg was my favorite part of the episode not really, thought it was cool they threw him in there, might as well. Kind of disappointed they didn't throw in Cilan's Pokemon when Ash and Iris did it with their's, but whatever.

I enjoyed seeing N and Cilan having a scene together.

The flashbacks was a nice memory trip, especially since it showed the likes of Pidgeotto and Primeape, but seeing everyone was nice.

It's nice to know Ash's Unova Pokemon are probably going to be sent to Oak's now, what with Unfezant apparently being sent there for Charizard.

Looks like Charizard and Dragonite are going to get along just fine(Well they were shown being best buddies in the ending but regardless), thought they were going to have an issue with each other at first but it looks more like "You're strong, I'm strong, let's do this thing", or something.

And Iris thought Charizard was Dragon type? I wonder if the writers threw that in since Charizard does look like it would be one.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They showed Misty/Brock as little as possible
    Because this episode was obviously called "My Best Friends Misty & Brock! Ash reminisces." and should have included them a heck of a lot more, right?

But actually, I felt the opposite, that Misty & Brock appeared as more than they should've.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

We barely saw anything of Ash's old travel companions, it really was all about Charizard.

We barely saw anything of Ash's old travel companions, it really was all about Charizard.

I dunno, they're really, seriously noticeable to say the least.... But for an episode about Charizard, not Misty & Brock, I'm not too surprised.

But you know, this episode really reminded me of why I hate Bulbasaur.

With its stupid big red eyes, and its stupid smile, and its stupid raspy voice...

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Why would they flashback to charizard's losses? I like reflecting on the good times ive had with my friends, not the times we got our asses kicked and stomped on. Not surprising to me we only saw victories.

I have a theory for how Oak was able to send Charizard to Ash. The opening showing all of Ash's Pokemon at Oak's lab may have been our subtle clue that at the present time, that's where they all have ended up. Maybe before Ash even left Kanto for Unova he had collected them all there. Or, possibly, at some point, Oak told Ash that certain Pokemon had made it back to his lab and were there if he ever wanted them.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I read at another forum that Unova is too far away for Charizard to fly, so Oak let Charizard come to his ranch and put him in his pokéball so he could teleport him to Ash. I mean he had to send a pokémon in return for Charizard that's why he contacted Oak and not Liza (assuming that Liza also has one of those teleport machines, Ash would not send Unfezant to her for no reason)

Didn't think Charizard looked that fat and bloated.

Ah, Misty. We miss you, girl. I'll wait patiently for this episode to come over here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I have a theory for how Oak was able to send Charizard to Ash. The opening showing all of Ash's Pokemon at Oak's lab may have been our subtle clue that at the present time, that's where they all have ended up. Maybe before Ash even left Kanto for Unova he had collected them all there. Or, possibly, at some point, Oak told Ash that certain Pokemon had made it back to his lab and were there if he ever wanted them.
    Charizard can fly to Unova.

this episode... OMG!!! my eyes... D:!!!!

100000000000000000/10000000 ZOMFG , it's justt soooooo... amazing ZZ!!!!12

the flashbacks, the animation, OMG!!! purfect!!
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

the mighty zard is back

fist pump between charizard and ash so cool

Which he didn't do. Oak sent him to Ash, so again, it had some point ended up at his lab.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

charizard burned ash because misty and brock werent around lol

I doubt it. Unova is supposed to be America and Kanto/Johto etc. Japan, it probably couldn't fly that much, it'd probably be too much for Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I read at another forum that Unova is too far away for Charizard to fly, so Oak let Charizard come to his ranch and put him in his pokéball so he could teleport him to Ash. I mean he had to send a pokémon in return for Charizard that's why he contacted Oak and not Liza (assuming that Liza also has one of those teleport machines, Ash would not send Unfezant to her for no reason)
    I think that's the reason.

This is one of the greatest episodes in history of Pokemon anime, I really loved it 10/10 I admit I shed a tear of joy, oh nostalgia! :')

Now that Charizard was at Oak's lab, I hope Gliscor and Primeape (and Squirtle XD) are there as well.

Lucky number 7 did a good job for the episode.

...If only Charizard had come fifteen episodes earlier...

I hope Ash & Professor Oak explicitly stated that Charizard lives at Oaks now. Every stupid thing about that Charizific Valley needs to forever never be brought up again.

It's a shame Ash didn't bring back other older pokemon.

The episode was great, the only thing that killed it was N stepping in, just when it was getting good, too.-__-
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I guess specially because its pretty clear that he passes some time in Kanto before going to a new region.

So I didn't watch the episode yet but saw the pictures looks cool, Pignite is alive yay, so he sent Unfezant for Charizard? I guess now his pokemon are with Oak or atleast Unfezant.

I'll have to watch it later but what I saw in the pictures I liked, Charmelon and Charmander looked cool in the new animation, we got to see a lot of his old pokemon in the flashbacks.

As expected the battle didn't end, atleast it wasn't TR stopping it though.

Oh and btw did the animators seriously crap on Dent team again? did they seriously have Satoshi and Iris team out and Dent pokemon didn't? or is it just because of the pics Serebii has and they are actually out somewhere? man I was complaining about Dent pokemon but this one is pretty damn stupid if true.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 7th March 2013 at 5:18 PM.

It's a shame Ash didn't bring back other older pokemon.
    What could the likes of Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Kingler, Muk and etc possibly add to the current ongoing Saga?

Oh, and it seems I was right concerning Charizard's problems and the focus it'll have here. I'd love to hear what N has to say. Too bad by the time this airs I won't have time to watch Television.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast