Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Hi guys new to the forums. So please be nice ;p
    That being said I'm definitely not new to this anime and its nice to have a little fanservice after being frustrated so long by the fact that Ash continues to never use some of his best pokes (nor evolve/keep the ones that have such great potential. Releasing Larvitar *dope* and Oaking Gible *double dope*) (Don't get me started on releasing Pigeot and Oaking Infernape, Snorlax, and Kingler).

From what I see this episode was definitely set up first and foremost for new viewers so they understand where Ash seems to suddenly pick up his potentially (if not) strongest pokemon.
    However it doesn't stop this episode for being a nostalgia line trip for old viewers. Its great to see remastered old episodes, kinda makes me want to go back and watch them again.

Also to the guy that said Dragonite was going to win if it wasn't for N... I honestly have no clue where you got that from. Charizard shrugged off dragon rush like it was nothing and dropped Dragonite with one dragon tail like he was a sack of bricks.

Overall magnificent episode (prob one of my favorites)
    Only gripes:
    Why is Charizard so... small/chubby?
    I definitely remembering him being WAY bigger in some episodes where Charizard towers in height over Blastoise, Articuno, and Dragonair yet he is shorter than Dragonite?
    Also shouldn't he have gotten massive by now considering it was made clear that older more powerful Charizards continue to grow in height and size? By this point the guy should at least be slightly taller than Dragonite.

Cilan didn't even get to show his pokemon

N stopped the fight (gksdalgkdlsakgdsa;lk the frustration)

Ash rotated out krookodile.
    The guy really seems to love dropping his biggest strongest pokemon as soon as they get big. I mean who doesn't like a sunglass wearing giant sand croc for a friend?
    I mean GAWD the poor thing stopped Iris's Dragonite 1v1 and finished off Stephen's Sawk D:<<<<
    Whats not to love?

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Has anyone mentioned the change in the art comparing the episode to past seasons? Charizard's neck and head are giraffe-like compared to his previous depictions and Oak's Squirtle in the demonstration has a much more oval-shaped, if not squished head, compared to most other Squirtle in the series.

Spoiler:- My Badge Case:

Quote Originally Posted by Cryochronic View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the change in the art comparing the episode to past seasons? Charizard's neck and head are giraffe-like compared to his previous depictions and Oak's Squirtle in the demonstration has a much more oval-shaped, if not squished head, compared to most other Squirtle in the series.
    I did notice the art in this episode was a bit lackluster. Charizard was drawn rather awkwardly. Snce when does he have a long erect pillar for a neck?

What did N say when he stopped Dragonite's and Charizard's battle?
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

In response to Cyber, yeah, we saw Pidgeot for two seconds in Spurt!, yet that's not quite the same as seeing Pidgeotto in the flesh (er, flashback flesh). It's nice to know that Ash at least still thinks of his old Pokemon. It's hard to believe it's been over a decade since that scene originally aired..

/is old.

I like how Charmeleon is acting. Sort of "I'm so arrogantly proud I evolved!" kind of look. We saw such looks with Grovyle.

You know, Charmeleon hadn't exactly started being disobedient then.
    Last edited by Thriller; 8th March 2013 at 2:50 PM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

pidgeotto looks like a miniature pidgeot lol.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    In response to Cyber, yeah, we saw Pidgeot for two seconds in Spurt!, yet that's not quite the same as seeing Pidgeotto in the flesh (er, flashback flesh). It's nice to know that Ash at least still thinks of his old Pokemon. It's hard to believe it's been over a decade since that scene originally aired..

/is old.
    Technically even the start of DP was all the way back in 2006. Hard to believe how everything from Kanto through AG happened nearly a decade ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Just curious, but were there any other inconsistencies between the original scenes and those shown in the flashbacks? I mean aside from the Charmander capture scene obviously.

Why so pressed over some Unova Pokemon? Like, I don't understand how Pokemon like Oshawott or Snivy would "drag" Charizard down because, if I remember correctly, you believe that Charizard will overtake all of Ash's Unova Pokemon in popularity anyway (which I don't agree with, but whatever). So you should have nothing to worry about.

I can't @ how Oshawott still leaves some people seething even though he hasn't done anything major lately. Don't worry, Charizard still has a lot of hype. He won't fade.
    Its bad influence for him.

Oshwott put out fires last ep. What has palpitoad ever done.

Also N should not havr stopped it. An implied win is not an actual win kthxbai

the most amazing thing about that battle was how improved Charizards flying skills have become, blocking Thunderpunch with Wing Attack was awsome, and using Slash to take Dragon Rush head on and come out unscathed was also nice to watch, i'm glad he's back for a while, keeps things intresting.

I'm also glad Unfezant's at oaks, hopefully it will stay there, and hopefully the reactions from the "context" choice of words used by Oak which caused people to start thinking "dirty thoughts" will stop as well. Perhaps the first episode of this saga when it had the glory moment of kicking TR's butts in was it's last hurrah.

Overall a good episode, won't exactly say it's perfect cause no episode ever is, but it's definitely an eye opener.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 8th March 2013 at 4:34 PM.

really nice flashback and return of ash's charizard. is the return permanent?or is he only back for this episode?
    i like how ash uses his pokedex to tell iris that charizard is not a dragon type. some people just don't get that charizard is NOT a dragon type
    Platinum friend code: 0474 6676 4516
    Black 2 friend code: 3225 3453 6809
        Spoiler:- dream world females i can breed: :

in-game events
    wifi events
    trades
    RE
    hatched(with SC no MM):
    current shiny hunt:egg count:56

Why is everyone suddenly shipping Staraptor with Unfezant, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    It was a bit of a downer, but the outcome had they been allowed to continue was clear from what I saw anyway. Although N in general seemed off in this episode, he was just like another Cilan :/ He didn't even seem upset that essentially Iris and Ash's Pokemon were fighting for no reason. All this after he got upset at the COTD in the last episode actually using his Pokemon to fight fires, it's like wow lol.
    I agree a little with this notion, I did think the scene was entertaining but I really am not fond of N being demoted to a pretty boy. He's meant to be a somewhat cryptic Pokemon trainer in turmoil with some sprinkle of man childness. Plus there's no need for Dento-ish behavior when we have one pretty boy feeling that role well.

Staraptor is the manliest of Ash's birds so its natural that he gets dibs on Unfezant when she goes home.

unless swellow flies itself into a power line

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Careful bro, your extreme bias is showing....

Charizard dominated that battle lol. The one hit he even got in didn't faze Charizard.
    Don't you know, this is the big momentum shifting season remember... Like how Beartic was dominating (as in continious attacks) Dragonite, but got Koed with a single ThunderPunch. Same can be said for Serperior vs Pikachu and Oshawott vs Hydreigon... even Pignite vs Serperior. Not saying Dragonite would win, but these are just instances that prove it could happen
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Unfezent will have alot of boyfriends after see Ash's other birds. I love Ash's eyes in the flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Don't you know, this is the big momentum shifting season remember... Like how Beartic was dominating (as in continious attacks) Dragonite, but got Koed with a single ThunderPunch. Same can be said for Serperior vs Pikachu and Oshawott vs Hydreigon... even Pignite vs Serperior. Not saying Dragonite would win, but these are just instances that prove it could happen
    Except same can be said of what happened with Charizard taking the initial brunt of all the aggression from Dragonite (all 3 of this initial attacks were defensive Flamethrower vs Flamethrower, Wingattack vs Thunderpunch, Slash vs Dragon Rush). Momentum was in Dragonite's favor until Charizard suddenly accelerated and smashed Dragonite in the face with a Dragon Tail.

I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Except same can be said of what happened with Charizard taking the initial brunt of all the aggression from Dragonite (all 3 of this initial attacks were defensive Flamethrower vs Flamethrower, Wingattack vs Thunderpunch, Slash vs Dragon Rush). Momentum was in Dragonite's favor until Charizard suddenly accelerated and smashed Dragonite in the face with a Dragon Tail.
    Touche, you got me there
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Touche, you got me there
    Aggressive Pokes are aggressive (pun intended)

Ya and Charizard got the one hit changer so to speak lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I liked the episode, loved the flashbacks. Kasumi!! <3 The battle between Dragonite and Charizard was amazing, Charizard just took that Dragon Rush and Dragon Rush looked awesome when it "swallowed" Charizard. Okay, now please don't tell me Iris thought Charizard was a Dragon type, I'm getting the impression she thought it was. And when the hell did Pidgeotto become a small Pidgeot? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I liked the episode, loved the flashbacks. Kasumi!! <3 The battle between Dragonite and Charizard was amazing, Charizard just took that Dragon Rush and Dragon Rush looked awesome when it "swallowed" Charizard. Okay, now please don't tell me Iris thought Charizard was a Dragon type, I'm getting the impression she thought it was.
    She did. Ash dexed charizard( well at least this time it wasnt because ash was the idiot and forgot) and proved it.

The scene with all of their shocked faces was the best

I just noticed that they didn't show Charizard losing to Dusclops. It's odd, since that's his most recent appearance prior to this episode.

But I can't exactly blame it on him losing that fight, right? They did, after all, show Charizard losing the Indigo League and Charizard losing to Poliwrath. But wait... those were pivotal moments for Charizard and Ash's character. Then why didn't they show Charizard losing in the Battle Pyramid? Oh, that's right, there wasn't any extra bs tacked onto that fight. Charizard lost because he straight up couldn't defeat Brandon's Dusclops. Well, that's unfortunate. Wouldn't want to detract from Charizard's return, right?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Charizard lost that fight because the animator gave him an ugly face.

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Charizard lost that fight because the animator gave him an ugly face.

By the Way, if he lost to a Dusclops (not even fully evolved) then that proves the Charizific Valley was just worthless.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast