Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Dusclops is better than Dusknoir. Well, in Gen V.

3DS FC: 1719-3694-1541

Shinies (Not counting trades)

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I just noticed that they didn't show Charizard losing to Dusclops. It's odd, since that's his most recent appearance prior to this episode.

But I can't exactly blame it on him losing that fight, right? They did, after all, show Charizard losing the Indigo League and Charizard losing to Poliwrath. But wait... those were pivotal moments for Charizard and Ash's character. Then why didn't they show Charizard losing in the Battle Pyramid? Oh, that's right, there wasn't any extra bs tacked onto that fight. Charizard lost because he straight up couldn't defeat Brandon's Dusclops. Well, that's unfortunate. Wouldn't want to detract from Charizard's return, right?
    Charizard lost because he had a not smart trainer. If someone smarter was piloting charizard he would have 4-0d. Charizard was way stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I just noticed that they didn't show Charizard losing to Dusclops. It's odd, since that's his most recent appearance prior to this episode.

But I can't exactly blame it on him losing that fight, right? They did, after all, show Charizard losing the Indigo League and Charizard losing to Poliwrath. But wait... those were pivotal moments for Charizard and Ash's character. Then why didn't they show Charizard losing in the Battle Pyramid? Oh, that's right, there wasn't any extra bs tacked onto that fight. Charizard lost because he straight up couldn't defeat Brandon's Dusclops. Well, that's unfortunate. Wouldn't want to detract from Charizard's return, right?
    I have mixed feelings about that. I mean like, I kind of knew ahead of time that the flashbacks would mostly show Charizard at his best, and even though his embarrassing loss to Dusclops wasn't shown, at least we got to see the bratty side of him like when he ignored Ash at the Indigo League. That proved that Charizard isn't completely glorified by the writers, which is refreshing.

But I'm actually glad that N interfered with the battle since there wasn't really a point to it anyway; I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Charizard and Dragonite will become friends anyway, so their rivalry is quite irrelevant imo. As always, Prince N steps in to protect Pokemon. What a sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Scene differences.

I like Liza's new animation.

http://i.imgur.com/T3HfOI8.jpg
    The Pokemon Center scene is making my eyes bleed; why do the animators insist on using bright colors for floors and walls? Why not keep them simple? I don't know, I just don't understand why the interior of every building in BW is so bright and colorful as if a rainbow exploded. And why are everyone's heads so big? Like, look at Ash in the first flashback scene and Misty in the second one; they look like bobble-heads. I'm crying. My childhood is ruined tbh.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th March 2013 at 2:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Charizard lost because he had a not smart trainer. If someone smarter was piloting charizard he would have 4-0d. Charizard was way stronger.
    One mistake should not have ended in defeat like that... face it, Charizard is just a vulnerable as every other Pokemon Ash has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The Pokemon Center scene is making my eyes bleed; why do the animators insist on using bright colors for floors and walls? Why not keep them simple? I don't know, I just don't understand why the interior of every building in BW is so bright and colorful as if a rainbow exploded. And why are everyone's heads so big? Like, look at Ash in the first flashback scene and Misty in the second one; they look like bobble-heads. I'm crying. My childhood is ruined tbh.
    I wanna know why they look shorter and why the Pokeball (all of them in the show) got bigger
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Great episode! I gope other mons get to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    One mistake should not have ended in defeat like that... face it, Charizard is just a vulnerable as every other Pokemon Ash has.

Side note:

Well no pokemon is perfect, and I am glad other people, like yourself acknowledge that. Not you, but I think a lot of people forget to realize that Dusclops did not have an evolution at the time this episode was made. Also, this is BRANDON's dusclops, not some random one. Charizard fell all for the sake of the plot. Although, I do think it was good he wasn't the star, since some treat him like he is practically invincible. I am sure Pikachu could tie or beat with Charizard if they battled.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 9th March 2013 at 2:46 AM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Just watched the episode. Makes me feel so old after seeing all those flashbacks :')

I give it a 10/10 just because it was not dealing with nobody but Charizard
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

I wanna know why they look shorter and why the Pokeball (all of them in the show) got bigger
    Ash made mistake after mistake in that battle. Let's face it if he was in top form then Dusflops would have fallen easily. Solrock would be nothing compared to a golem. Ninjask would easily fall to any SE move. Seismic toss Regice for the finish

Ash made mistake after mistake in that battle. Let's face it if he was in top form then Dusflops would have fallen easily. Solrock would be nothing compared to a golem. Ninjask would easily fall to any SE move. Seismic toss Regice for the finish
    This completely.

Ash completely mucked up the entire battle, and topped it off by using Seismic Toss on a Ghost Pokemon. If Ash actually slowed down and thought more about his moves, he would have avoided such simple mistakes and Charizard would have won & not been as tired. Brandon is the strongest Frontier Brain, and he would leave no mistake like that unpunished.

The underlying reason why Ash did make such rookie mistakes was for the sake of the plot. The writers purposefully had Charizard go out first to add tension, and force Ash to rely on Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Pikachu to take down Brandon's team. I think everyone expected Charizard to be the final Pokemon who finally takes down one of the Regis, and when he got KO'd that was a real shock.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Wait, so now we're blaming Ash for Charizard's losses? Well since apparently Pokemon are never at fault for their losses, I suppose they technically all have perfect win ratios. But seriously, I blame them both for that embarrassing loss; Ash for making the mistake of ordering his Pokemon to use a move that wouldn't work and Charizard for listening unquestioningly to his trainer. I'm just calling it like I see it.

I agree. And quite frankly, I believe there was even a chance that Charizard could have lost this battle if N hadn't interrupted. So I guess N should be thanked.

They purposely didn't show Charizard Vs. Blaziken or Dusclops because it lost.

Wait, so now we're blaming Ash for Charizard's losses? Well since apparently Pokemon are never at fault for their losses, I suppose they technically all have perfect win ratios. But seriously, I blame them both for that embarrassing loss; Ash for making the mistake of ordering his Pokemon to use a move that wouldn't work and Charizard for listening unquestioningly to his trainer. I'm just calling it like I see it.
    Charizard had a legitamate loss to Blaziken that wasn't due to obvious screw ups on his trainer's part.

You forget, Charizard was confused for most of that battle, which as we all know can be devastating. Also, Charizard battles head on, while Dusclops incapacitated the opponent and fired Shadow Punch from a safe distance. So yes, one mistake COULD have ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by blazin' blaziken1617 View Post
    You forget, Charizard was confused for most of that battle, which as we all know can be devastating. Also, Charizard battles head on, while Dusclops incapacitated the opponent and fired Shadow Punch from a safe distance. So yes, one mistake COULD have ended it.
    that's the whole point, Charizard is and always will be someone who fights with power, if you can find a way to get around said power, like what Brandon did where he used multiple status inflictions and clever tactics then you can overcome it.

Ash has faced opponents before who used brute force to win, and overcame by using strategy, and while yes the trainer is half the battle, making up excuses on either side of this rediculious arguement i see going on regarding Charizard's status isn't going to do anything but cause tension, so please knock it off.

To me, this episode as a nostalgia booster is more or less PERFECT...it almost completely summarized charmander's whole career as Ash's pokemon including the majority of his major battle ranging from Golbat and aerodactyl to dragonair, magmar, poliwrath and articuno...the references to pidgeotto annd primeape were wonderfully done as well...I loved this episode...

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    To me, this episode as a nostalgia booster is more or less PERFECT...it almost completely summarized charmander's whole career as Ash's pokemon including the majority of his major battle ranging from Golbat and aerodactyl to dragonair, magmar, poliwrath and articuno...the references to pidgeotto annd primeape were wonderfully done as well...I loved this episode...
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    as a long-time fan of the series, there's a part of me that definitely wants to nit-pick every little thing they changed about the flashback scenes (like Charmeleon's adorable little hand salute before evolving in "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon", which they now made into him just pointing at his head for no reason, and the fact that they cut down on Charmeleon's brief temper-tantrum before evolving, and so on).
    True they left out the tantrum, BUT everything else was there...

As you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2fI1Mr6PMA

charmeleon was never saluting but rather pointing at the wound on his head due to a rock kicked down by aerodactyl...demanding an explanation...
    Last edited by XXD17; 9th March 2013 at 8:37 AM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Sorry guys, it looks like the writers messed up again.

It looked to me like Charizard came in from Professor Oak's lab. If I am right, then the writers are idiots because they failed to remember that Charizard was never Oaked; it was left in the Charicific Valley. They even said so earlier in the Animé, and still they messed it up!

Please tell me I'm wrong and correct me.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post

It looked to me like Charizard came in from Professor Oak's lab. If I am right, then the writers are idiots because they failed to remember that Charizard was never Oaked; it was left in the Charicific Valley. They even said so earlier in the Animé, and still they messed it up!

I believe Ash asked Oak to call Liza off-screen and then the scene we saw was Oak receiving Charizard and sending it to Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I believe Ash asked Oak to call Liza off-screen and then the scene we saw was Oak receiving Charizard and sending it to Ash.
    Then how would the Pokéball have gotten there?
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

While I'm not justifying thier pathetic mistakes, Charizard was going to come back one way or another. :P This is a such a minor nitpick to me overall.

I'll wait till I see the subs for confirmation if it was really "the writers being idoits" anyway. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

If you listen real close, you hear Oak say Liza.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I agree. And quite frankly, I believe there was even a chance that Charizard could have lost this battle if N hadn't interrupted. So I guess N should be thanked.
    A loss is a loss, yes. Though Brandon's Dusclops matched well against Zard, the episode depicted both Pokemon as very exhausted at the end with one finishing attack being enough to end the battle. Charizard got the Steel Wing, and had the momentum for a finishing move, and then Ash decides to derp and say "Seismic Toss." And then he's like, "Oh no! I forgot!" and loses the fight because Dusclops just lands an open, direct hit on Charizard.

Ash doesn't make those type of rookie mistakes in key battles (especially if this was the final fight or something), and had he not in the above scenario, Charizard would have won the contest.

Anyway, it's hardly an embarrassing loss. Brandon's Dusclops is very powerful for being able to tank that many Charizard hits.

Unless there's a rematch, the episode made it fairly clear that Charizard was definitely a par above Dragonite. He tanked that Dragon Rush like a boss, and Dragonite's arm was banged up after that Dragon Tail.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

So this is their apology for the league? I'll except it! Pretty cool stuff they've retold, A good thing thru remembered/did their research.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Pretty damn good episode. It was nice to see Charizard in action since Battle Frontier. Those flashbacks were awesome, Kanto Ash,Misty and Brock in BW animation style looks pretty good. Shame that Charizard lost his signature move(?) since Charizard won most of his battle by seismic toss like we saw in those flashbacks. Well I'm pretty sure we'll see that killer move again at some point since Charizard will be staying for some time with Ash I think

A very nice episode. I enjoyed it very much. But I hope Ash won't spam Charizard every time there is a chance to battle. He needs to remind himself there is other pokemon in his team that needs to be trained. xD

Wow, it's times like this that really bring out the Drama Queen within a person.. Someone said that their childhood is ruined because of a few redrawn scenes, using an up to date art style and different colours? Really? Well I hate to think what lackluster childhood you suffered from then, that results in this having such an impact..

I think this was done really well, albeit a few colouring issues like Pidgeotto's head and Aerodactyl's foot in that one scene (Iwane, was this really you?). It really demonstrated that Ash can actually remember his old Pokemon and friends.. and even though he doesn't need to go into such detail all the time, it would be nice if he did have a quick flashback to Noctowl, Gible, etc if he see's one.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    So this is their apology for the league? I'll except it! Pretty cool stuff they've retold, A good thing thru remembered/did their research.
    The league was fine. No need for them to say sorry. Considering how much less training he did in Unova compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh it is justified.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 9th March 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast