Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Default Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

So AC IV has been announced and I'm pretty hyped for it as always when a new Assassins Creed game is announced So what are your opinions on the game, character etc.

In my opinion Edward Kenway looks like a total badass and the Assassin-pirate thing also seems pretty cool. I really hope that Edward Kenway will be a little bit more interesting than Connor, something like what Ezio was
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/3g21x.png[/IMG]
    Thanks to AWildMew for the awesome team pose

I think its alittle too early for another Assassin's Creed game. To be honest, I'm not excited for this game like with Assassin's Creed III.

It's becoming a yearly thing. I still haven't bought ACIII. Probably won't get this one either.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I only played 2 and got stuck in the temple so I abandoned it. I might buy this because I like pirates though

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    It's becoming a yearly thing. I still haven't bought ACIII. Probably won't get this one either.
    Yeah AC3 wasn't very impressive and I was incredibly psyched for that one. Don't think I'll be getting this one.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I'll probably at least rent AC4, like i did with AC3. AC3 was really uninteresting until Sequence 6, which was almost half the game.

Honestly i just hope in AC4 it doesnt take half the game to become an assassin like in AC3. also wasnt a fan of the boat in AC3, so hopefully an npc drives the boats we ride on.

It looks like the new game will be focused on the ship gameplay that ACIII introduced, which I really didn't like. I'm still waiting for an AC set in Asia or Egypt or something.

I am not at all hyped about this, Assassin's Creed was good, but Ubisoft has milked this series like an old cow. 2 was my game of the year 2009, and every year since then, it's been on a downward spiral. Plus they'll be launching this around the same times as Watch Dogs which is like a High Tech Assassin's Creed already.

Way to go Ubisoft, you ruined one of your best franchises, please stop now before you be come UbEAsoft.

Honestly not at all interested. I did mildly enjoy ACIII, but the naval warfare aspect was really a pain and obviously if this game is about pirates there will be lots of that.

I'll get it if I get more info and it seems better then *** Creed 3. Horrible game. If this is more like the Ezio games I'll buy however. At least the combat was good in those with a good story and guards did not attack you for just walking around

Like most people, I think Assassin's Creed has gone downhill since 2. Also, the game is coming out a year after AC3. Not good. I'm definitely not excited for AC4.

Ubisoft, you ruined Assassin's Creed....
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I understand the hate for yearly AC releases but I just wonder why this isn't a problem with Pokemon games? X and Y are also being released only a year after the release of B2/W2.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I understand the hate for yearly AC releases but I just wonder why this isn't a problem with Pokemon games? X and Y are also being released only a year after the release of B2/W2.
    But did you also forget that usually main Pokemon games aren't yearly? This is like the 4th(?) one that will be released one year from the last. For Pokemon this is barely the 2nd one and Im sure that the streak won't continue after X&Y
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Pokemon has proven that for the most part it can handle near-yearly releases while adding more content.

Since AC3 was such a disappointment for most people they're understandably skeptical.

This game is pretty much 'not sure if want' for me. I was happy that they announced fourth Assassin's Creed (and I liked AC3 excuse me), but since the story is backtracking I'm bit disappointed. I was hoping for something totally new.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Why not just a AC thread?

Anyways, yes, it seems very early. I probably won't be getting it. Not until a long anyways. I havnt even finished III
    whenever I go to the map, or pause it, it gets stuck on the loading screen. And I just became an assassin. So I've been playing NSF most wanted 2012 or halo 4 now. I really think they just work on making it look amazing, to get people to buy it, then laugh in their face at how disappointing it is.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    I was happy that they announced fourth Assassin's Creed
    This is the sixth one though. Tenth if you're counting spin-offs. Fourteenth if you're counting iOS and Facebook games and the like. Keep in mind this series is only 5 years old.

I think Hankka had an interesting point actually. Yes it has become a yearly thing, but a lot of games have the same thing going on. Some pull it off good, some don't (*cough* CoD *cough*). I actually liked Connor and III a lot. The sea missions were really cool and there's going to be a lot more of it in IV (40% of the game from what I've heard). And yes, there should be an AC thread .
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/3g21x.png[/IMG]
    Thanks to AWildMew for the awesome team pose

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSand View Post
    I think Hankka had an interesting point actually. Yes it has become a yearly thing, but a lot of games have the same thing going on. Some pull it off good, some don't (*cough* CoD *cough*). I actually liked Connor and III a lot. The sea missions were really cool and there's going to be a lot more of it in IV (40% of the game from what I've heard). And yes, there should be an AC thread .
    Some games not a lot of games.
    The boat mission doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed at all. Its like a Pirates of the Carribean game.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 24th March 2013 at 3:14 AM.

The trailer looks ok, a little to action orientated and Ubisoft is killing it with the yearly release but I have still some hope. I'll wait and see.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSand View Post
    And yes, there should be an AC thread .
    There has been a thread it died. But anyway I put $5 on AC4. Got the poster on my wall. :P
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    The trailer looks ok, a little to action orientated and Ubisoft is killing it with the yearly release but I have still some hope. I'll wait and see.
    About the action thing, I noticed in AC3 you're hardly an assassin at all, you're more of a soldier than anything. You never really had to "assassinate" anyone, you just ran at them and murdered them with your axe. All AC games have open conflict, obviously, but there's way too much in AC3.

AC V is in development. Kinda pissed actaully, Ubi is sacrificing AC for profit. They have yet to convince AC IV is worth getting, now this?
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    AC V is in development. Kinda pissed actaully, Ubi is sacrificing AC for profit. They have yet to convince AC IV is worth getting, now this?
    Probably not. Any other way, it's still going to be a incomplete game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast