View Poll Results: Will you be playing in the 2013IC-M?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe

1 2.04%
  • No

9 18.37%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge - March (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    since i will be gone for a few hours, then picking up new mystery dungeon and pikachu 3DS xl, i won't be able to play for a bit. but as soon as i get home i will be battling till midnight at least xD
    Just picked up PMD:GI, but I in no way had enough money for the Pikachu 3DS (didn't see it at my GameStop)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

God damn it!!! Top rated Jap player just RQ on me after I pulled off a stunning 3-0 victory

あろモEX - Nagasaka Rating 1800

That would've been a rating changer for me after my recent bad luck.
    As it is I just keep picking up losses, while my wins get RQ'd away

My current record is
    W 34
    L 30
    RQ 13
    DC 5

And only 3 registered wins in the last 15 matches

Another RQ - Jocelyn - Colorado USA

That's it, my rating has dropped to 1499 Officially rubbish from my peak at 1646. I think if my maths is right my DC rate is about 14% still so not even getting in the rankings either
    Last edited by MSK; 24th March 2013 at 7:48 PM.

Not having good luck today. All of the Gastrodons, Kamis and Suicunes have awoken from their slumber.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    God damn it!!! Top rated Jap player just RQ on me after I pulled off a stunning 3-0 victory

あろモEX - Nagasaka Rating 1800

That would've been a rating changer for me after my recent bad luck.
    As it is I just keep picking up losses, while my wins get RQ'd away

My current record is
    W 34
    L 30
    RQ 13
    DC 5

And only 3 registered wins in the last 15 matches

Another RQ - Jocelyn - Colorado USA

That's it, my rating has dropped to 1499 Officially rubbish from my peak at 1646. I think if my maths is right my DC rate is about 14% still so not even getting in the rankings either
    I'm pretty sure we've reached a point in the tournament when the d/cs are going to be a lot more frequent. People are going to disconnect a lot more often to keep up their rating as the tournament approaches the end...

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

i just got pikachu 3DS XL and Mystery dungeon DDD
    the hard part is not playing on them to play in the tourney -_-
    i won't play in the tourney tomorrow, because DC rate will go skyrocketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I'm pretty sure we've reached a point in the tournament when the d/cs are going to be a lot more frequent. People are going to disconnect a lot more often to keep up their rating as the tournament approaches the end...
    Well I hope they all come up against me and end up taking their DC rate over the limit lol
    You can bet the top 10-20 players will all have DC'd just enough to keep them in the tournament though.

Just beaten my first challenger heres the id:

36-03893-87590

Im a ghost type leader btw

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Lol, well my losing streak has finally come to an end!!! Because my rating has gone so low I'm being paired with people with 1200-1400 ratings.
    I'm picking up quite a few cheap wins and at least these people are honest enough to take the losses

I'm really loving how well Heracross, Rotom-H, Latias, and Liepard have been working. The whole team may not be doing the best, but individually, I love using those four. :3

Rotom-H is surprisingly pretty effective in rain, and Heracross is pretty awesome against any team that is taking a more defensive approach to killing me, which is pretty nice. Latias is purely godly. It 2HKOs or OHKOs a good chunk of the metagame, which is amazing, and takes out around 25% health to Metagross and Scizor. Liepard surprisingly NEVER dies. I seriously have to switch it in as fodder for it to die. All the Encores and Thunder Waves really open up an easy path. I really love using this team, and I'm probably going to stop here at around 1770. And, I'll be making an RMT pretty soon since I have a tiny bit of chance of making it to a regional in April. ;D

Finally, after a couple dozen losses, I finally have a legitimate win. And it was against a higher ranked opponent, no less.

Battle video is here for those who are interested: 94-50101-94328
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

I'm definitely making some changes to my team for April. Thundurus is coming back out as it's been a total letdown compared to Landorus. Uxie has done ok but I think I could swap it for something more effective.

Just had a battle against a guy called Mario who was at 1660 (I'm currently back up to 1548) - I got lucky and final turn was lining up the killer blow and he forfeit and took the loss I salute him for his honesty and sportsmanship.
    Last edited by MSK; 24th March 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I'm definitely making some changes to my team for April. Thundurus is coming back out as it's been a total letdown compared to Landorus. Uxie has done ok but I think I could swap it for something more effective.

Just had a battle against a guy called Mario who was at 1660 (I'm currently back up to 1548) - I got lucky and final turn was lining up the killer blow and he forfeit and took the loss I salute him for his honesty and sportsmanship.
    Did he use Luxray, Flygon, Swampert, Magmortar, Lucario, and Gallade? If so, I may be battling him right now.

EDIT: Just won. Good battle, too.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 24th March 2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Wow just played someone to the time limit for the first time, since my Gliscor and his Bronzong couldn't do anything to eachother. I got the win due to Gliscor being at full health and Bronzong was at around half of it's hp, then the guy quits. You'd think after sitting through the tediousness of that PP using battle he'd have the decency to let it go through. :/ His name was "Fil" and I think he was a little over 1500, no other details just don't waste your time playing him.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

I'm taking a queue from this and not going half assed weather, it's got to be all or nothing. Just relying on the enemy to start weather isnt working for me.

White 2 FC; 2581 1988 8070

I seem to be having net trouble, and because of Error Code 54910, I now have to wait an hour to fight again. Ah well, had 2 wins today but still, what's up with my 3DS? The same Error code appeared before my first battle.

EDIT: Wow, I really am having net trouble. A Double Post via edit?
    Last edited by Halkel; 25th March 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Quote Originally Posted by Aschur View Post
    I'm taking a queue from this and not going half assed weather, it's got to be all or nothing. Just relying on the enemy to start weather isnt working for me.
    Yeah, I wouldn't suggest running a weather-based team without having the weather starter yourself. It's one thing to have a Pokemon to counter a specific weather, but it's another to have a team based on one weather without the starter.

That said, I also am not a big fan of hardcore pure weather teams. I feel that the metagame has progressed to a point where you should have more than one win-condition (i.e. Tailwind and Trick Room, Rain and Trick Room, Sand and Rain, Goodstuffs and Trick Room, etc). To lock yourself into one specific one means that once it's countered, you have no answer, and team preview makes what's up really apparent. But that's just my feeling on the matter, I guess other people prefer straight weather.

In other news, came up against a Trick Room team and won. I really feel that I'm getting better at switches, and prediction, although I'm not gonna lie, I made my share of mistakes. xD Anyways, here's the log: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...d=708633036774

One of my favorite things about this was that my opponent was using a Trick Room strategy that most other people write off; Iron Ball/Macho Brace/Power Items. One of the effects of those items is that it greatly lowers the Speed of the holder, and guess what Trick Room abuses? Slow Pokemon. So for example, Chandelure in Trick Room is kind of sloppy. It's base 80 Speed makes it so that it is undersped by a lot of Pokemon. What to do? Well, slap on an Iron Ball, or Macho Brace, or any Power Item, and voila! You now have a slow Chandelure, base 40 Speed now I believe.

I ran this a long time ago, and it was, essentially, a Choice Scarf in Trick Room without the side effect of being locked. This strategy really messes with the opponent, and actually even threw me off when I faced it (but when I realized what happened I was ecstatic). Your opponent generally has an idea of how fast a Pokemon is, memorizing at least its most common spread. With that in mind, they'll have an good idea of how fast the Pokemon is, thus will know when things are too risky to chance it. But by throwing one of these items on it, that Speed stat is different, and can cause some confusion in the opponent, as well as gain you a chance to take something out that otherwise would have KO'd you. It was actually really helpful to me, having put one on my Rotom-F and my Heracross. I mean, people Choice Scarf Heracross all the time; why can't I "Choice Scarf" mine in Trick Room?
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 25th March 2013 at 1:06 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

My team was Weavile, Scizor, Jolteon. Gyrados, Breloom, Chandelure. I was able to defeat a trainer with a ranking over 1700 despite losing the majority of the 9+ battles i fought.
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 0044-3542-1738
    Ground Safari: Phanphy, Gastrodon, and Marowak

So you are in seniors?
    since many seniors are closed minded and dont think out of the box (drizzle boy is an exemption, but he did use a pretty standard rain team for this.
    rain teams are the most important team to have a counter for usually.

I have no idea how i did it either O.o i guess i was predicting well.
    Sure, ill teach ya how
    Even if you dont get into the rankings, it is always a learning experience to learn about tactics etc.

even if it isn't pokemon. we all have something we can brag about.

And BTW i am getting semi close to 1900's
    i just had to bold that
    No I'm in masters I went with a main team of tornados hitmontop salamence metagross these four using tailwind but I really didn't have time to add in the other 2 so I just grabbed snorlax and Breloom. My main problem is I don't have time to plan and I battle ALOT when I'm distracted. Between kids, wife and work.... Yea. But anyway I finished above 1600 which is fine for me for now. Gonna get started on my team for next month. I had fun in this one.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

I am finished and my rating is 1920

Credit to me

tourney points: 1900
    you may now worship to your masters of drizzleboy12 and joej m
    if i get DQ'ed for my opponents DCing on me i will go out and eat poop while singing ring around the rosy in a creepy voice O.o
    Last edited by joej m; 25th March 2013 at 3:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I am finished and my rating is 1920
    tourney points: 1900
    you may now worship to your masters of drizzleboy12 and joej m
    if i get DQ'ed for my opponents DCing on me i will go out and eat poop while singing ring around the rosy in a creepy voice O.o
    Congratulations to both of you! It's pretty awesome that you guys got up that far! Some people that have ranked really high in the past didn't do as well, so you guys should definitely be proud! Good Job, and I'm hoping to see both of you on top 16 ;D

im struggling to get back to 1500 just had an epic match
    i prefer single battles no launcher,no uber legendaries. i follow wifi tournament restrictions

FC
    0089-8787-6056

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Congratulations to both of you! It's pretty awesome that you guys got up that far! Some people that have ranked really high in the past didn't do as well, so you guys should definitely be proud! Good Job, and I'm hoping to see both of you on top 16 ;D
    if drizzle boy doesnt get top 5 i will be surprised. usually 1900 means you will always be top 10.
    i am gonna have to play a tiny bit tomorrow... the DC fest day O.o i got down to 1886 and i wanna bump it up... but my DC rate might go crazy though. so i am debating.
    Last edited by joej m; 25th March 2013 at 6:20 AM.

I've played 76 registered battles now, my rating is going up and down. Currently about 1540ish as just had another loss.

W 42
    L 34
    RQ 13
    DC 5

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast