View Poll Results: Will you be playing in the 2013IC-M?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe

1 2.04%
  • No

9 18.37%
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge - March (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

i wish i had a therian landorus but i only have a dsi so im stuck with my incarnate . i want to include landorus in my next team
    i prefer single battles no launcher,no uber legendaries. i follow wifi tournament restrictions

FC
    0089-8787-6056

Well that's me done for this tournament. I finally managed to get my rating back over 1600
    Also completed 81 registered matches

Wins 48
    Losses 33
    RQ's 14
    DC's 6

Which by my count puts my DC rate at just under the 20% disqualification rate so fingers crossed I should make the rankings

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    kk
    i am currently training a new latias, because the latias i was using wasn't that great for me... :/
    i need a little more offensive pressure on it. ill be done shortly. then ill use the same team but with the new latias in april
    Glad to know that someone's doing well in the tourney without resorting to D/Cing.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Glad to know that someone's doing well in the tourney without resorting to D/Cing.
    people like cybertron dont DC either. there was one time my internet wonked out, which they were up 4-2... so i could count that as an extra loss. but none on purpose.
    anyway doing well should be about having fun in the tourney, not who gets the highest rank
    ...but i find it fun to get a high rank xD

people like cybertron dont DC either. there was one time my internet wonked out, which they were up 4-2... so i could count that as an extra loss. but none on purpose.
    anyway doing well should be about having fun in the tourney, not who gets the highest rank
    ...but i find it fun to get a high rank xD
    I agree it's about having fun and that's why those that RQ / DC spoil it for the rest of us legitimate players who take our losses on the chin.
    I finished at just over 1600 (not sure exactly as my last 2 wins hadn't updated when I quit for the night), but if I'd received all the points for the 14 RQ's I had (especially the ones against the 1800 rated Japanese player when I was only at 1540ish) then I think I'd have made 1700 at least. Higher still if the 6 DC's on match-up screen / first turn had become wins as well.

But until they come up with a better way to stop people doing it then it will continue to happen in every tournament. Perhaps they should have a constant upload of data to the server so they can work out who was winning when someone RQ's and award the points accordingly, not wait til after the match where people sit nervously waiting for their result to go through.

I can't really express how much the Disconnections really picks in to how fun the tournament really is. But, in all honesty, you should avoid it from frustrating you too much. Avoid focusing on the disconnections, and try to focus on the matches you've just had. There were times where I've had some of the best games I've ever played that later ended in a disconnect because my opponent couldn't take a loss or their internet connection wasn't the best. But, I kept playing because I wanted more matches like that and I didn't care it ended in a d/c. In the end, your rating won't really matter all that much.

But, I'd still like the disconnections to stop mostly because I reallly wanted to record a lot of those matches >.<

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

i good thing with x and y coming up is that they might fix the servers and how they handle DCing. if they dont change anything then... i dont know what i will do O.o

Yeah, the DC rate is pretty much why I couldn't pick my score back up in the end. I'd rather rank with a bad score than get DQ'd due to people DCing on me.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

i took the liberty to write a team write up! not really a RMT, because it is highly polished, getting me 1905 points and all, but any suggestions will be appreciated! i didn't put it in RMT because too many single battles will rate it poorly.

Spoiler:- International Challenge Team. (masters division):

i took the liberty to write a team write up! not really a RMT, because it is highly polished, getting me 1905 points and all, but any suggestions will be appreciated! i didn't put it in RMT because too many single battles will rate it poorly.

Spoiler:- International Challenge Team. (masters division):
    Oh yeah, before I forget, some guy on Smogon named Picollo managed to get 1913.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I can't really express how much the Disconnections really picks in to how fun the tournament really is. But, in all honesty, you should avoid it from frustrating you too much. Avoid focusing on the disconnections, and try to focus on the matches you've just had. There were times where I've had some of the best games I've ever played that later ended in a disconnect because my opponent couldn't take a loss or their internet connection wasn't the best. But, I kept playing because I wanted more matches like that and I didn't care it ended in a d/c. In the end, your rating won't really matter all that much.

But, I'd still like the disconnections to stop mostly because I reallly wanted to record a lot of those matches >.<
    Unfortunately your rating will matter! They've just announced the European VGC's and this year they've changed the format to Swiss battle instead of straight knock out. Meaning players are guaranteed a number of matches instead of those poor souls who lose in the 1st round. And here's the kicker . . . Championship Points earned through these Wifi tournaments will allow the top players to gain bye's through to the later stages.
    I've got 2 Championship points so far, but had I not been banned from the tournament before Xmas bcos of RQer's I would have had 7
    That could be the difference between me making the final cut, so now you see I take this seriously. I've probably lost out on more points this time because of RQ's as well

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Oh yeah, before I forget, some guy on Smogon named Picollo managed to get 1913.
    drizzle boy got 1920. we win >: )

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Unfortunately your rating will matter! They've just announced the European VGC's and this year they've changed the format to Swiss battle instead of straight knock out. Meaning players are guaranteed a number of matches instead of those poor souls who lose in the 1st round. And here's the kicker . . . Championship Points earned through these Wifi tournaments will allow the top players to gain bye's through to the later stages.
    I've got 2 Championship points so far, but had I not been banned from the tournament before Xmas bcos of RQer's I would have had 7
    That could be the difference between me making the final cut, so now you see I take this seriously. I've probably lost out on more points this time because of RQ's as well
    i would have had a buy last time. and i will get a buy for this one too. but can you go to the next VGC event? it is pretty soon. my mom doesnt let me go to events... so i just do this for the scoreboard not the CP. but the winner gets 10 CP. that is like nothing at all. at the actually events you get 100 CP ( i think for winning). so 20 CP won't even help. plus the people who go to events always go to all of them (at least the good ones). 3 regionals, the nationals, and then the people who are doing well get to go to worlds. you will need probably 75 + CP to go to worlds, the only thing these CP count for.
    sorry...
    Last edited by joej m; 26th March 2013 at 9:01 PM.

drizzle boy got 1920. we win >: )

i would have had a buy last time. and i will get a buy for this one too. but can you go to the next VGC event? it is pretty soon. my mom doesnt let me go to events... so i just do this for the scoreboard not the CP. but the winner gets 10 CP. that is like nothing at all. at the actually events you get 100 CP ( i think for winning). so 20 CP won't even help. plus the people who go to events always go to all of them (at least the good ones). 3 regionals, the nationals, and then the people who are doing well get to go to worlds. you will need probably 75 + CP to go to worlds, the only thing these CP count for.
    sorry...
    Slightly different for us in the UK, as we don't have regionals, nationals, etc. We just have a one day tournament, so any number of CP's will count as there won't be that many UK based players with them. I finished about 240th in the tournament I got 2 points in and that actually gave me 39th place in Europe and 12th in the UK, so you can see even 10 points may be enough to get past a few rounds.

And our VGC is in June so I've got 2 month's to prepare fully, I'll book a train if I can get a cheap deal, if not I'll drive.

Slightly different for us in the UK, as we don't have regionals, nationals, etc. We just have a one day tournament, so any number of CP's will count as there won't be that many UK based players with them. I finished about 240th in the tournament I got 2 points in and that actually gave me 39th place in Europe and 12th in the UK, so you can see even 10 points may be enough to get past a few rounds.

And our VGC is in June so I've got 2 month's to prepare fully, I'll book a train if I can get a cheap deal, if not I'll drive.
    oh dang. didn't realize that. but i think you still need a huge amount of CP to go to worlds either way. which means really only japanese and american players get to go unless you get top 4 over there, because we have tons of tourneys.

EDIT: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...(doubles-team) i made an RMT for it actually xD
    Last edited by joej m; 26th March 2013 at 9:46 PM.

This is how ours works:

1st Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships First-Place Trophy
    A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2013 World Championships
    A Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    400 Championship Points
    2nd Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships Second-Place Trophy
    A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2013 World Championships
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    300 Championship Points
    3rd & 4th Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships Semi-Finalist Trophy
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    250 Championship Points (if division attendance is 8 or greater)
    5th through 8th Place

A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2013 World Championships (Junior division only)
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    110 Championship Points (if division attendance is 32 or greater)
    9th through 12th Place

80 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
    13th through 16th Place

60 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
    17th through 32nd Place

40 Championship Points (if division attendance is 128 or greater)
    33rd through 64th Place

30 Championship Points (if division attendance is 256 or greater)
    65th through 128th Place

10 Championship Points (if division attendance is 512 or greater)

So you see a lot of CP's on offer to the top players to qualify for world's. You're right it'll probably only be the top 4 that actually get enough, but there is hope that you can get through to the top 4 by doing well in these wifi tournaments.

This is how ours works:

1st Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships First-Place Trophy
    A Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    400 Championship Points
    2nd Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships Second-Place Trophy
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    300 Championship Points
    3rd & 4th Place

A Pokémon VG National Championships Semi-Finalist Trophy
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    250 Championship Points (if division attendance is 8 or greater)
    5th through 8th Place

A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2013 World Championships (Junior division only)
    A Nintendo 3DS XL
    110 Championship Points (if division attendance is 32 or greater)
    9th through 12th Place

80 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
    13th through 16th Place

60 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
    17th through 32nd Place

40 Championship Points (if division attendance is 128 or greater)
    33rd through 64th Place

30 Championship Points (if division attendance is 256 or greater)
    65th through 128th Place

10 Championship Points (if division attendance is 512 or greater)

So you see a lot of CP's on offer to the top players to qualify for world's. You're right it'll probably only be the top 4 that actually get enough, but there is hope that you can get through to the top 4 by doing well in these wifi tournaments.
    i know i just read it on NB a few minutes ago :P

I hope I get into the ranking... I wasn't specifically tracking how many DC's I had. All I know is I got 21 (possibly 22) battles in. Of those, only 4 were loses
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I hope I get into the ranking... I wasn't specifically tracking how many DC's I had. All I know is I got 21 (possibly 22) battles in. Of those, only 4 were loses
    I believe you have to have a DC rate of less than 20% to qualify for the rankings, so if you completed 22 battles then you would need no more than 4 DC's

Okay the ranking are up now if you wanna check. BTW GUYS I GOT FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Okay the ranking are up now if you wanna check. BTW GUYS I GOT FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait... what's your Trainers Club account? .-.

Also, I did not get ranked :/
    I had a hunch that this'll happen... I'm not even sure what went wrong in this one...

Oh well... there's going to be 2 more(?), so I hope to do better then!

its kinda obvious....

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    its kinda obvious....
    That just makes me wanna challenge you, no matter the outcome

EDIT: Wow, either I didn't get as many DC's as I thought or that whole under 20% thing isn't accurate as I did get ranked... not as good as last times (I'm better at rotations) , but 766 is big improvement for me in the sense of VGC (Joeawesome on GL)

PS. I really don't put enough effort as much as you guys... I can't imagine getting 100+ battles in :P
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 28th March 2013 at 5:27 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Ohh, you're in senior lol
    I was looking through the masters one. Congrats though! Keep it up

Well I got ranked!! 1122 - 1613 points.
    Could've been so much higher if not for all the RQ's, but never mind.
    Just gotta do really well in April's tournament.

p.s When do they update your Play Pokémon page on Pokémon.com? Then I can check where I came in Europe
    Last edited by MSK; 28th March 2013 at 7:09 AM.

I got ranked 2412 in masters with 1561 points ... I went well, I just had 10 battles
    But you guys went so well! Hope I get more time to battle next Challenge!
    Congrats to you all
    Last edited by JM_A; 28th March 2013 at 11:29 PM.
    DWF :
    Shinies(NFT) :
    BW2 FC: 5287 0930 0718

2013 International Challenge March

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast