View Poll Results: Will you be playing in the 2013IC-M?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe

1 2.04%
  • No

9 18.37%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge - March (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Quote Originally Posted by Galvazar View Post
    edit:dang sorry i double posted im an airhead sometimes
    Guess I should have figured that given your Drizzle-toed (I assume it has Drizzle) XD

No problem though, if this is your first tournament... heck knows I didn't do well in the first two :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Does anyone remember the Japanese being able to compete? Cause I sure don't! Apparently they changed the rules to allow the Japs. The main reason I compete in these touraments is to get away from them. Oh well... I guess I'll have to be quittin around 8 o clock during tournaments now.
    I doing better against them then others... I lost to a guy from Spain :S
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    yeah its kinda annoying... on my first 2/3 tournaments i did well but when they were allowed in the tournaments i never past from the 1600's mark <.<
    they are too much for me xD
    Nothing against them.... its just they outplay me by far o-o

EDIT: nah Shreyas they werent a few months ago
    Wait, seriously? :O

lol I get outplayed by anyone that has a rating higher than 1600 xD
    That's mostly why I'm having trouble keeping up a strong rating...

Oh yeah, justing, I'm using Ferrothorn instead of Metagross ;o

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

yeah its kinda annoying... on my first 2/3 tournaments i did well but when they were allowed in the tournaments i never past from the 1600's mark <.<
    they are too much for me xD
    Nothing against them.... its just they outplay me by far o-o

EDIT: nah Shreyas they werent a few months ago
    Those names not in English... get's me every time, except this time XD
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I actually like facing the Japanese players. I noticed that before the Japanese were allowed to participate, these tournaments were "easy." Japanese players, regardless of their rating, all present a fairly difficult challenge. I don't really see a lot of like, in-game teams from Japanese players, while before they were allowed to participate, I faced primarily in-game teams. Sure, it's nice on the rating, but the fact that these tournaments are actually challenging are what make it fun. It's better to face a worth opponent as opposed to facing an opponent who is clueless as to what's happening.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    Show off XD

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    I actually like facing the Japanese players. I noticed that before the Japanese were allowed to participate, these tournaments were "easy." Japanese players, regardless of their rating, all present a fairly difficult challenge. I don't really see a lot of like, in-game teams from Japanese players, while before they were allowed to participate, I faced primarily in-game teams. Sure, it's nice on the rating, but the fact that these tournaments are actually challenging are what make it fun. It's better to face a worth opponent as opposed to facing an opponent who is clueless as to what's happening.

defenitely but they are just too much for me xD
    when i see a japanese name i know i will probably lose, i still play my best tho
    I do like one thing about japanese players... alot of them have some really creative teams
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

lol aren't you a Japanese player yourself? xP

But, yeah I agree. I really like battling Japanese players, and I did see that drop in ingame teams.

when i see a japanese name i know i will probably lose, i still play my best tho
    I do like one thing about japanese players... alot of them have some really creative teams
    Yeah! I see tems that I think "Oh... does it really work?" and well it works damn well!
    Last edited by JM_A; 24th March 2013 at 3:07 AM.
    DWF :
    Shinies(NFT) :
    BW2 FC: 5287 0930 0718

2013 International Challenge March

They make teams that make you question the game itself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Show off XD
    i am sorry, but i gotta :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    lol aren't you a Japanese player yourself? xP

But, yeah I agree. I really like battling Japanese players, and I did see that drop in ingame teams.
    Technically, hahaha. But I'm an American player, as I live on an American base, so I don't identify with the Japanese. xD

Ugh, 14 battles later, I'm 1518. I don't understand what's up with my team; it was doing much better before. :P

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Technically, hahaha. But I'm an American player, as I live on an American base, so I don't identify with the Japanese. xD

Ugh, 14 battles later, I'm 1518. I don't understand what's up with my team; it was doing much better before. :P
    this happened A LOT for me.
    i trained an entire rain team, then tried it on GBU.
    on PS it was a record of 15-3. on GBU it was 4-15

that is happening to me right now, while I was testing the team I'm using now worked REALLY well on PS and GBU. And then I enter the tournament and I have NO idea what's wrong

that is happening to me right now, while I was testing the team I'm using now worked REALLY well on PS and GBU. And then I enter the tournament and I have NO idea what's wrong
    It's the oponents... they are on a really different league from lots of people on PS ><
    I wish there was a server where we could face japanese people aswell like we do it in the tournaments.
    most of people i battle on PS arent that good (aside from the nugget bridge server)
    Its kinda hard to practice with people that dont push us ><
    although... not all of them are like that obviously lol i've faced quite skilled players and it felt great
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

I just OHKOd this Rajiv guy's Rottom and Dragonite in the first turn and he just lost connection.... always always
    DWF :
    Shinies(NFT) :

try reading this to help you make teams for these:
    http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/wi-...usiast-report/

Ugh...back down to around 1400's. My team seems to fluctuate between doing well and doing horribly...which is better than solely the latter, I guess.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Oh wow I'm doing bleh this time around XD below 1500 with, some win/lose haven't really been keeping track. Losing to either a stupid mistake on my part, or oh wow the hax (one match got confused twice, paralyzed, then missed the rock slide,) ah well. Probably going back to rain next tourney.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

You guys that are in 1800.... What division are you in?? Cause Masters is...... Wwwooohhhhh hard
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    You guys that are in 1800.... What division are you in?? Cause Masters is...... Wwwooohhhhh hard
    i am in masters at 1850 about. using the team in my sig. i use chandelure and landorus to counter rain
    not gonna tell you how though :P
    drizzleboy12 is in masters( btw there are even more rain teams in that one, and less creativity) and is probably around 1900 now.
    Last edited by joej m; 24th March 2013 at 4:31 AM.

i am in masters at 1850 about.
    drizzleboy12 is in masters( btw there are even more rain teams in that one, and less creativity) and is probably around 1900 now.
    Yea your right I have seen alot of rain teams. Guess I need to plan better for next months tourny
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    No kidding...
    But. joej m and drizzleboy are pretty good in VGCs, so I'd be disappointed if they are still in 1600s xP

I'm still trying to work my way up to 1800 and WOW it is HARD. I have no idea how you guys did it, but this is taking me forever...

EDIT: After this tournament, Joej, you are telling me how you are taking out rain with Chandelure lol

EDIT2: And, I think my d/c rate is pretty high right now... I think I'll cry if I don't make it to the rating :'(
    Last edited by Shreyas; 24th March 2013 at 4:36 AM.

i am sorry, but i gotta :P
    No problem, if this was singles I would likely be up there ^_^

We all have our strong suits

I use half rain team, and half to counter sand tems... I see much more sand teams than rain though....
    And also, its getting kinda hard to go with a rain team, it seems too many people already know how to **** people with it, and many people can use rain against you
    Last edited by JM_A; 24th March 2013 at 5:10 AM.
    DWF :
    Shinies(NFT) :

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast