View Poll Results: Will you be playing in the 2013IC-M?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe

1 2.04%
  • No

9 18.37%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge - March (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Starting my last run! Hopefully I don't run into too many DCers. I'm currently at 24 battles, 1563. If I can get to 1600+ tonight, I will be happy. (:

Team O.G. Hipster, let's go!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

These RQ/DC's ruined my thirst for battle... got 21 matches in (maybe 22 if the freeze still went through), which is better then in the past, but I would have wanted to play more :/ Either way though, I noticed a substantial improvement from this time around compared to the past.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

1896 now. i am not going to do more than 1 or 2 battles because monday is always DC after DC. but i do want to get into the 1900's.

My rating is dropping like a rock because of all the stupid goodstuffs teams. I'm in the mid-1300's now, and I'm predicting more losses to follow.

It's becoming somewhat annoying.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Whoo! Beat someone at 1803, and they took their loss with major grace. Forfeited instead of DCing and everything! It was a good match though. In the end, I had a solid 4 against hers. (:

Match: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&v...d=604723721880

I was at least about 1570 when I won that match, so I wonder how much my rate increased.

EDIT: I was at 1595, I needed on more battle to get to 1600. Come up against a 1498 player. I'm winning. He Perish Songs twice. He's got a Scizor left, I've got a Gastrodon. Protect. Earth Power Crit (I eat a Bug Bit crit) and we're both in the 5%. Suck cos that's it. I lose. He Protects, and I lose to Perish Song, or he Bullet Punches and I lose. :/ Man, I just needed one more win to reach my quota. Now I'll need like. 2 or 3 more wins. Bleh.

EDITEDIT: MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN. IT DROPPED ME TO 1574!!!! WHAT'!?!? Frickin. GAH.

EDITEDITEDIT: Get a good matchup against a player with a decent rating. Ok. That looks good. Getting ready to battle. Battle starts. Their Internet drops.

... Just can't catch a break.

1595 to 1574 to 1553. :/
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 25th March 2013 at 4:23 PM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Don't you hate being busy when a tournament's going on? Because of it, I've had to drop out early as I got no focus on it. Final score was 1398. Slaking is still very reliable in this battle but there's been less a chance to throw in a Skill Swap with Cofagrigus, so it wasn't so oftenly used. As for Sawk, he did exactly to expectations as the son of Jet Lee (The original Sawk I used). Starmie in the other hand, did not exceed, I believe the reason to this is because it's not designed for striking without aid, however it did do well. Sableye however, it just wasn't its week. Will-o-wisp hasn't worked as well as it would be. Despite that luck problem, it did well in surviving, so I can't complain. Eelektross was my best powerhouse this time round alongside Sawk. Hopefully next one will be better. I hope someone will help me test my team next time as well to find the flaws, if this keeps up and the real big test begins (The 2013 Nationials VGC) I'll end up having more of an embarrassing defeat.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Well from a fun perspective, just had an interesting battle. I started with Yunowun (dewott) and Geyser (simisear) with Max (elgyem) and Terri (stoutland) in back. They started with shiny garchomp and movie star tyranitar with gengar and volcarona in back. I recalled Geyser and brought in Terri for an intimidate. Meanwhile, their tyranistar protected itself from its partner garchomp's earthquake. Then Yunowun tried to hydro pump the 'star as the sand storm would ruin his swords dance and hang in there focus sash combo, but the protect. Then I recalled Terri to save him for another intimidate later and brought in Max. Garchomp dragon clawed Yunowun before he could attack tyranitar, however Max took a low kick from the tyranitar and took very little damage. Terri switched in for the fainted Yunowun. Garchomp switched out for gengar, Terri used reversal on ttar, took a low kick, and Max clam minded. Next turn Terri took the rest of the ttar's hp out with reversal (had more than half left) via crit I believe. Gengar used one of the strongest shadow balls I've seen almost knocking Max out who only took sandstorm damage and that not effective low kick thus far. Max did another calm mind. The sand storm left him with 8 hp that turn. Now here's the interesting part. Feeling like I was gonna lose, I risked keeping Terri in instead of switching out as a last resort use of intimidate later. I was hoping to get a miracle quick claw priority crunch to knock out the gengar while Max tried to recover and hoping the newly sent in Volcarona would just attack Terri. Well I did get that quick claw priority and the crunch took all but the last bit of hp from the gengar the sandstorm took out at end of the turn. It was so close to working T-T.

In the end gengar was still around to take out Max before he could recover, the volcarona fiery danced into Terri knocking him out, and I was left sending in Geyser who was knocked out by dragon claw from the garchomp replacing gengar and the volcarona's hurricane. I wish I could have seen what would have happened if Terri did knock the gengar out. Max would have recovered and he might just have won it for me. Ah well, fun and interesting battle.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

This team didn't let me down on Showdown till the last three days before this tournament, but it was more my bad playing and lag screwing me to no end. Then competitions starts up and it gets back to doing what it does best, winning matches. I hate to not use it in April, but considering I do this things to test my skills, I'm gonna make a new team. I'd use Lileep again, but it's at it's best with Sandstorm up...maybe I could find a way to make it work though. Again though, this team was a better TR and Rain counter then a TR set up.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Aside from games like the one I mentioned above, I feel like I've been getting a lot of hax this tourney. No hypnosis succeeding, last game I got hit by multiple crits (including but not limited to knocking out my defensive Max by a normally effective special attack while he had full hp), and not to mention being paralyzed in that battle. Basically, if it could happen, seems like it did. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Aside from games like the one I mentioned above, I feel like I've been getting a lot of hax this tourney. No hypnosis succeeding, last game I got hit by multiple crits (including but not limited to knocking out my defensive Max by a normally effective special attack while he had full hp), and not to mention being paralyzed in that battle. Basically, if it could happen, seems like it did. >.<
    I know that feel bro, I got hit by two Fissures in one battle, out of three attempts. xD

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Quote Originally Posted by King91 View Post
    I know that feel bro, I got hit by two Fissures in one battle, out of three attempts. xD
    Ouch, now that is bad luck. XD

I'm not complaining really. I know I'm more lucky than this in the past and hax can just happen...but man has it been piled against me in this specific tourney. >.<

Ok, gonna try and get more battles in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Ouch, now that is bad luck. XD

I'm not complaining really. I know I'm more lucky than this in the past and hax can just happen...but man has it been piled against me in this specific tourney. >.<

Ok, gonna try and get more battles in.
    Yep, thems the breaks. Besides I just enjoy learning about my team in these things really, learning which Pokemon work and don't. Luckily I found two new members of my main team out of the four new ones I tested, hoping to find my last two members in the next one.

EDIT

Thought I might aswell post my details for the first page since I never got around to it.

OT: Dan
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Age Division: Masters Divison
    Friend Code: 2838-7994-5622
    Team: East sea Gastrodon, Volcarona, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Shiny Snorlax and Heracross.
    Last edited by King91; 25th March 2013 at 7:30 PM.

deviantART | Twitter

Almost at my quota of 100 battles...and I'm still only approaching 1400.

Something tells me that a TR team isn't working for me. Well, at least I can formulate a new team for the April tourney: the Anti-Goodstuffs team! XD
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

Ah, ok. I'm just sorta last minute using old favorites as well as kinda getting back in the swing of these things.

Well, last battle was another interesting one. They started with a sableye (in a masterball?) and a machamp while I sent out Geyser (as they had a gastrodon who I was hoping would make an appearance) and Max. Terri took Geyser's space and took an intimidated induced stone edge I believe while the sableye foul played Max who used his miracle eye. Next turn they switched out their sableye for dragonite while I swapped in Psidekic (musharna) for Terri. I kinda forget the rest of that turn, but next turn sableye comes back in replacing their machamp (not from fainting it) while both my psychics calm mind and their dragonite dances. I switch out Psidekic for Terri, they taunt Max so he can't use his non-attacking move that turn, and dragonite dances again I believe. I try and go for a priority giga impact on dragonite as well as a psychic. I get to go first with giga, but the prankster sableye burns Terri. So that and most likely the dragonite's multi scale allow giga to do very little. Dragonite flys before Max can psychic. Eventually Terri gets knocked out and I bring in Geyser. Geyser earns VIP this battle because he crit the sableye with fire blast at its full health knocking it out. Then they bring in their gastrodon. . Next turn I use grass knot boosted with his meadow plate, but unfortunately this gastrodon is really bulky and not even using a rind berry. So that was disappointing as it used earth power on Geyser. In the end I was left with a full health Psidekic, but just wasn't enough, and that's fine.

correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a rule in the tournament that prohibited two pokemon on a team to fall asleep at the same time?, because a breeloom just spored two of my pokes .
    i prefer single battles no launcher,no uber legendaries. i follow wifi tournament restrictions

FC
    0089-8787-6056

Aren't those like Smogon rules not official. At least, that's been the case as far as I know for all the other official tourneys. They don't tend to have restrictions other than no doubles of pokemon, items, and of certain pokemon in general.

Anyway, think I know what pokemon I want as my sixth official for my team now. Though, it's nothing more than an idea at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvazar View Post
    correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a rule in the tournament that prohibited two pokemon on a team to fall asleep at the same time?, because a breeloom just spored two of my pokes .
    Think that is just a clause for arranged competitive battling, not an official wifi thing.

deviantART | Twitter

i wish i had known, i thought that was a standard thing since the stadium games
    i prefer single battles no launcher,no uber legendaries. i follow wifi tournament restrictions

FC
    0089-8787-6056

Right, back on for my final push for the evening. I'm at 1554 with a win to add.
    Just had another DC on the match up screen - Black (no location)

Quote Originally Posted by King91 View Post
    Think that is just a clause for arranged competitive battling, not an official wifi thing.
    this is competitive battling. VGC rule (this) is pretty dang big. not on here, but nugget bridge is a forum for it. but in VGC rules you can spore multiple pokemon. most smogon players have trouble with this for some reason, because they are so unprepared for it, but breloom and amoonguss are pretty easy to counter. plus, nintendo holds a ton of tourneys and gatherings for it, including a worlds for the entire world, which you go to and must to invited to go to. smogon is not the only competitive play you know. i am a VGC battler.

anyway i got 1905 points in the end
    dont believe my score?     Spoiler:- Proof of 1905 score ;):

my camera made it backwards ._.
    Last edited by joej m; 25th March 2013 at 9:44 PM.

Well, I've reached my 100 battles. And my rating is around 1421. Eh, could be better, could be worse, but I'm stopping here.

Next tourney, I shall have my revenge.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

anyway now that the tourney is over (almost, but everyone is DCing... so it isn't worth it that much)... i am just curious on how the skill level is around here. it sounds like we have some pretty good people
    ill battle you with the team i got 1905 points with though :P
    Last edited by joej m; 25th March 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Last night was horrible. So many RQs that decreased my own rating and general rating fluctuations that didn't make sense. My last battle was pure bs.

It came down to my Gothitelle and his F*CKING GASTRODON. I was faster, so I would have got the KO, except Gastrodon had Protect. it worked successfully three times, and after the third one the sand killed Gothitelle. I was so pissed.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

lol I haven't played all day yesterday nor have I played any games today. Ended at around 1770 or 1760something. I'll probably be disqualified because of all the disconnections done against me, which kind of sucks... :/

Oh, and joej, you're on! I really loved my team this tournament even if I didn't end at 1800. It was fun to play with, and I think I'll use this team, or a similar version of it for the regional in April... if I get lucky enough to go...

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

kk
    i am currently training a new latias, because the latias i was using wasn't that great for me... :/
    i need a little more offensive pressure on it. ill be done shortly. then ill use the same team but with the new latias in april

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast