Thread: OU offensive team

Default OU offensive team

With deoxys def being banned, offensive teams have been hit hard, especially CS offensive, as he was a staple to the team. While it wasnt the exact goal, this team shows that terrakion is not only a viable offensive lead, but superior with his offensive capability and speed. The original idea came from a smogon uber rmt i was reading, with a core centered around 3 powerhouse sweeper, double dance groudon, cm arceus ghost, and dragon dance rayquaza. This team easily gains momentum through fast set ups, some saccing, and offensive synergy.

Spoiler:- team building for those that care:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge

Terrakion is my lead basically all the time, he easily gets up stealth rocks and can taunt other stealth rock users and leads, for try to do as much damage as possible with close combat and stone edge. Most matches he gets sacced early one to bring in a favorable sweeper, tho he does some damage on some threats early on which makes it easier for some of the sweepers, such as weaken breloom so landorus can OHKO it without a swords dance. He usually is my sleep fodder too.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Bug]

Keldeo was the last sweeper in the core of 3 but possible the most reliable. After one calm mind, he threatens to ohko most threats like thunderus and ferrothorn. The expert belt is used so he always OHKOs ferrothorn at +1 and celebi with ho bug at +1. Tho surf lacks the power of hydro pump, its more reliable for which is what i need more then the wall breaking power that hydro pump has. Secret sword also lets me get around chansey, and hp bug is used, as i said, to ohko celebi while still hitting starmie and the lati twins for the same damage.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psyshock

Latios was the first sweeper i added, sole because at +1 the only things that avoid a OHKO are jirachi, scizor, and heatran if i dont have rocks up, or its sp defensive. HP fighting looks weird as hp fire is normally a better choice, however, at +1 latios always OHKOs banded tyrannitar in the sand letting him get around his biggest threat.Psyshock is the last move, after talking with jirachiuser, he found amoongus to be troublesome, and as i am almost always guarantied to have stealth rocks up, psyshock beats thunderbolt in terms of effectiveness . Latios plays a big role in synergy as it can come in on unboosted landorus and thunderus and beat them 1 on 1, as well as beat rotom wash.

Landorus-T (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance

Landorus is the odd member of the sweeping core as hes the fastest of the 3 thanks to rock polish, but arguably the most unreliable because of stone edge. Landorus uses swords dance over another move, as he has solid coverage with quake edge, and has terrible sp attack so hp ice isnt the best for him, while swords dance lets him clean up slow teams, or if he gets both rock polish and swords dance nothing can really stop him, besides ice shard from mamoswine. He plays an important role in stopping dragons like scarfed salamence and sets up, and sweeps.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Tyranitar is a big support to the team, checking threats like latios, latias, and jellicent that put pressure on my sweepers, as well as give me weather control so i can handle threats like sun saur, and rain thunderus. The choice scarf is the biggest support as it checkmates lati@s, starmie and outpaces +0 thunderus and landorus, putting more pressure on the opponent.

Gengar (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Ivs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    - Trick
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar rounds off the rest the team with a solid spin blocker and a +1 dragons with hp ice. Furthermore, he also beats +2 landorus i which is a problem for the team. His second role however, is to trick threats with the choice scarf so i can set up easier with my sweepers, allowing me to get more momentum.

Spoiler:- exportable:
    Last edited by McDanger; 11th March 2013 at 3:23 AM.

offensive threats

thunderus therian
    -agility: the biggest threat, latios is the only one that can check it after an agility, otherwise tyranitar, gengar, and keldeo can KO it, while landorus can ko it if it has a rock polish
    -scarf: varies on the move it uses, an electric move, landorus comes in and grabs a rock polish, while hp ice lets keldeo set up, and focus blast lets latios boost
    -double dance- tyranitar is the best answer as its sp defense and thunderus lack of focus blast let it live and KO it back if it uses agility. If it uses nasty plot, gengar, keldeo, and latios can revenge it

landorus i
    -rock polish: gengar walls it, while latios can stop it
    -wall breaker: gengar is the best answer, if i really need to take it down, keldeo lives an earth power, but with around 5-10% left

landorus therian
    -offensive pivot: landorus can set up on it or force it out, latios and keldeo can ko it, tho latios needs a +1 sp attack. Gengar can come in on an earthquake and OHKO it
    -rock polish: latios and keldeo are the best answers, as is landorus because of intimidate.

keldeo
    -scarfed: latios is all around the best answer, but keldeo can set up on it if its locked in hp ice or surf.
    -calm mind: my keldeo has to try and beat in a calm mind war, gengar can trick it and let one of my sweepers boost

terrakion
    -salac: landorus walls it and easily sets up on it, gengar can threaten it but has to watch out for stone edge
    -scarfed: again landorus is the best answer, as is gengar on an obvious close combat
    -banded: this gets a little tricky as his banded set can 2/3hko landorus with stone edge, but is still the best way to handle it

latios/latias
    -LO: tyranitar is the best answer, as it traps it and KOs it, gengar can come in after something dies and shadow ball it

Salamence
    -scarfed: landorus is the best answer as its 3hkoed by outrage, and OHKOs back with stone edge. Gengar can revenge it with HP ice

dragonite
    -dd: same as salamence really, ttar can come in if it doesnt boost and KO with stone edge
    -choice band: Harder to handle as it 2hkos landorus, gengar can revenge it, as can ttar

tyranitar
    -scarf: keldeo sets up on it easily, landorus shuts it down and sets up rock polish
    -banded: if it tries to come in on latios(who would be the only switch in chance besides gengar) latios easily grabs a cm and OHKOs it, keldeo and landorus can set up on it while terrakion and ttar can OHKO it

Politoed
    -speced: keldeo is the best answer as it can set up a cm and threaten toed with secret sword, as can latios but its easier to stop as they carry ice beam
    -scarfed: possibly even eaiser as it doesnt have as much power, making keldeos job much easier.
    -bulky: again keldeo is the best answer, but fails to OHKO at +1, latios OHKOs at +1 with thunderbolt

venusaur
    -sunsaur: depending on its hp type, latios can set up on it if its not hp ice, or sleep powder, gengar is 2hkoed, but can either trick it or hp ice it. Ttar also beats it by changing the weather

gyarados
    -dragon dance: landorus can try to force it out or KO it with stone edge, but +0 ice fang OHKOs, latios also OHKOs it but also has to watch out for ice fang if it got a speed boost

volcarona
    -standard: at +0, keldeo and ttar can OHKO it, at +1 ttar lives if its timid and OHKOs it, while it fails to OHKO keldeo, but its the same in return, while gengar can trick it
    Last edited by McDanger; 8th March 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Hey, stranger

Love the team, just got one little nit pick with the most random of things, IVs. On gengar, I know IVs are not mentioned, but make sure you use a spread that doesn't reduce speed to get HP ice. After your scarf is gone, you won't be able to outspeed and ko the latis, instead them ohkoing you. Definitely have an iv spread of something like 30/30/30/31/31/31, 30/31/30/31/31/31, or 31/30/30/31/31/31. Otherwise, this is a solid as heck team and I love the HP bug on keld. My first concern was jellicent when i saw that but I soon realized you had enough team support to not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Hey, stranger

Love the team, just got one little nit pick with the most random of things, IVs. On gengar, I know IVs are not mentioned, but make sure you use a spread that doesn't reduce speed to get HP ice. After your scarf is gone, you won't be able to outspeed and ko the latis, instead them ohkoing you. Definitely have an iv spread of something like 30/30/30/31/31/31, 30/31/30/31/31/31, or 31/30/30/31/31/31. Otherwise, this is a solid as heck team and I love the HP bug on keld. My first concern was jellicent when i saw that but I soon realized you had enough team support to not worry about it.
    thanks man, ya i use 31/30/30/31/31/31 on gengar, i probably should put that