Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Default Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Simple as the title states. Do you believe ash will ever win a pokemon league? Do you think he will be the trainer he set out to be one day?
    Ash loses every league he enters. Ash is a horrid trainer, will he surpass that one day? What do you think? I don't think ash will ever be great because the creators need to keep the show running.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 10th March 2013 at 12:50 AM.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

I like ash as a character and I'm alway hoping that he will win a pokemon league, just because he wins a pokemon league doesn't mean that he is a pokemon master I feel there are probably numerous ways to carry on the story of ash & pikachu.

I kinda hope he wins a league before I get to old to carry on watching this series or before I get bored of watching the same thing happen every region, I probably have high hopes that one day he will be who he wants to be.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Yes I do. When the right time comes, Ash will win the Pokemon League, and in the next arc Ash will compete in the Champion's League and eventually win.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

No I don't. Unless Nintendo somehow decides it doesn't like money and makes GF end pokemon.

Nope. Unfortunately he was doomed with lazy writers. And as long as that is true, he'll never break out of his cycle of predictable losses.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 10th March 2013 at 6:31 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Of course he won't win, he will be perpetually chasing his dream so the anime can make more seasons out of his adventure.

I wouldn't doubt that... at least 20 years from now, I'm not in a hurry... my kids will still be watching Ash fail miserably in his career.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Nope. I mean I barely had any faith in him to begin with and what little remained vanished completely in BW. I don't expect great things from him. And yeah it's sad that some of us can't even trust that the main protagonist will accomplish much, but the writers are to blame here. They've trolled us too many times and now some of us have grown cynical. :c

I believe Ash will win a League and become Champion one of these days, but once he does, the anime may come to an end, and who knows when that will be. I can't see it happening for a long time, though, so I'm not holding my breath over it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Well, Ash still is 10 years old, there still a long way ahead for him, he has been good during his progress, but there's one thing that I doubt to him. I think that Ash need to evolve his good-caliber pokemons.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Well, Ash still is 10 years old, there still a long way ahead for him, he has been good during his progress, but there's one thing that I doubt to him. I think that Ash need to evolve his good-caliber pokemons.
    He'll always be ten though. So he won't really progress, especially if the writers pull another BW down the line and have Ash revert to a rookie instead. And I don't think having a ton of fully evolved Pokemon really matters if Ash can't properly command them in battle. Like, he makes way too many mistakes to be trusted to handle them well in a battle.

Do I believe in Ash Ketchum? Hell no.

But I do believe in Harvey Dent
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

It depends on how the series ends. Either it ends with Ash winning a league, or it ends on an open-ended note in which we don't know what Ash's future is, but we know he'll continue his adventure with Pikachu. In the latter case, I'd still like to think he'll one day be successful in achieving his dream.

I think they will have to eventually have to end his story. They just can't go on with him forever. Do I think it'll be anytime soon? Heck no. Might not even be in the next ten years. But when that time comes he'll win the league. And I'll be there watching. Even if I'm 93 and laying on my deathbed.

And I always feel bad when people call Ash a horrid trainer. He beat the Battle frontier, I've never even gotten more than three symbols.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I know ash exists because i met him in person. i was drinking swaiaiilii spirit tea, and flew in on charizard, and told me that we are all one conciousness, experience itself from all angles simultaneously. then, he told me god is love, and you can do no wrong as long as positive message can be learned. then he turned into a dope smoking caterpillar, and, in a puff of smoke, metamorphed into a butterfly, and flew away, shouting;

"One side makes you taller, the other side makes you shorter..."
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

I reckon he will. Just because he wins one Pokemon league doens't make him the Pokemon master. He has Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to complete first to he becomes that Pokemon master. It also doesn't mean the series will end if he wins. So yes, I think he will one day.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Probably as likely as Misty rejoining the main cast forever.

That means, not very likely, at least for a while.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Sadly, if he stays 10 forever he'll never be a league winner. Poor ash

Honestly, I don't want the anime without him.
    They could evolve his character further, slowly. He's a bit more older, wins the league/becomes Champion, there's a whole new story of how he has to deal with his journey, position and new-found fame.

They must make him older for him to continue till the very end.
    I get why they're trying to keep him young, to get the younger generation into the anime, like it did for us when we were growing up.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not until the series finale and even then i doubt he will succeed in his goal and will wind up giving it up.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not until the series finale and even then i doubt he will succeed in his goal and will wind up giving it up.
    Agreed, he's been slacking ever since he set foot on Route 1, I mean it gets sad how determined he is and how he loses it all in the matter of a few battles. And so castles made of sand, slip in the sea. Eventually.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

um no, he's not going to accomplish much anytime soon

I believe Ash will finish what he started...
    20 or so years from now.

He wont Accomplish his goals until The end of the anime, which won't end until the games are over, Which wont be for a very very long time.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

When he is going to use all of his pokemon and not only the ones he caught in that area (season).. Why doesn't Catch Ash never a really strong pokemon Like Dragonite or Ursaring, A Big strong Pokemon .. Or maybe a legendary pokemon? He caught only little cute pokemons.. Every Journey he starts with only his pikachu, you may think pikachu wins everything with the experience he has and is level 80 or something like that.. Butt with the beginning of every journey Pikachu starts weak like level 10 or something.. And why not using the pokemon he has caught in earlier Journeys??

When he starts doing that, maybe hes gonna win a league.. But he wil never be a Pokemon Master because that means the ending of the serie Pokemon..

He may win someday. But we'll have to wait till it arrives

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast