Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

I actually don't given how the formula of this show is played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I actually don't given how the formula of this show is played out.
    This pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lareon View Post
    But we'll have to wait till it arrives
    no **** sherlock

No, I don't think he'll never win a league and will stay on the show until it most likely gets canceled or it ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

No, I don't really believe in him. He isn't that great, and he has to lose to keep the show going.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

he will finish his journey.........when we are all deceased!!!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I hope Ash makes it into the top 2 or 4 at least in 6th generation. Just hoping!
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

I wish they would let him win a frickin' league, but it looks like that's never going to happen :/ Goddamit writers, it's so cliched to have in come in the top 8 at this point. He's done that THREE times. XP
    I can smell u

The writers will never let him win a league as long as he is popular and the merchandise sells. they will let him win when the ratings hit rock bottom and evenntually end it, then they will have to go back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by sandy ketchum; 15th March 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Ash will win in about 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    The writers will never let him win a league as long as he is popular and the merchandise sells. they will let him win when the ratings hit rock bottom and evenntually end it, then they will have to go back to the drawing board.
    This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. And when that all eventually happens everyone can expect Ash V2, whoever that'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanix View Post
    This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. And when that all eventually happens everyone can expect Ash V2, whoever that'd be.
    Not only that but Ash sucks

Ash keeps a little yellow rat thing who can't even beat a Snivy in Unova! He releases Charizard, Lapras, Squirtle, and Pidgeotto, his best pokemon which is sad since they all get raped by thunderbolt. Ash also never evolved his pokes. All in all ash sucks lol, people want to watch because they have faith he will get better. I just stopped watching after Kanto, Johto and the Orange Islands.

tvtropes explains it perfectly with this and that

Aka Ash won't ever win, because he is the anime writers' puppet, not a character of his own. Even if he wins one, it won't be that important, because once again, he is the anime writers' puppet.
    <no sig>

Ash will become a Pokemon Master some day. Then, this long series will end. After that, a new generation of Pokemon trainers will appear.

He's on a master quest and [...] all I've got to do is believe in him?

But no, I do not. He could win a League only to be immediately annihilated by the Champion, I guess.

Sadly I stopped caring about Ash when AG ended. And as Ciccone said many fans have grown cynical. I am one of them. When Ash does when a league I probably won't care at all and the only reason I would want to see it at this point is for the chance that they end his story and move on to someone else, which IMO they should have done years ago. This is a shame because no fan should want to see him win the league for that reason. You should want to see him win a league because you like the character and want to root for him to succeed. I'm just not that kind of person anymore. I'm more curious on how many of us will still be watching the show when it does happen?

Do I believe in Ash Ketchum? I want to believe in him, but I can't. I can't brainwash myself anymore.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

One day maybe. Probably on the very last episode. If the show is to get cancelled they'll probably wrap the current saga up then flash to the future showing ash in the pokemon battle to be champion/master.

I've always thought that battle would show (just as ash is about to lose) pikachu evolving just so ash would get the win to get his dream

He won the Orange League

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Yes I do. When the right time comes, Ash will win the Pokemon League, and in the next arc Ash will compete in the Champion's League and eventually win.
    I agree with this when Ash wins a league he will then compete in the champion league where he will have the face all the other winners of the other regions and lose starting the cycle all other again until he wins. That is a long way in the future. Honestly all joking aside we might be 50 before Ash becomes a champion.

The writers make it hard for anyone to actually believe in Ash at all

Ash won't win unless the anime was going to end or they wanted to replace him. It is repetitive though, as we all know that he is going to lose even before he's begun. I'd like to see him win and have a new main character, but that won't happen.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I actually thought that he had a pretty good shot at winning the Sinnoh League. He was literally so powerful that the writers actually needed to bring in legendaries for him to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    I don't think ash will ever be great because the creators need to keep the show running.
    This. xD
    I think the anime creators will feel bad for him and let him win a match.
    He's not that bad of a trainer (Battle Frontier FTW) and if you follow your dreams long enough you'll achieve them.
    So yes, I believe in Ash Ketchum
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I lost hope in Ash when he overslept for his starter.

This is some good grass dude!

I don't think he's horrible at all. He's actually pretty good at times. Think about it, considering the fact that he's a young kid and uses Pokemon that people normally call weak, and to come as far as he has, he's actually really good. Not to mention, he was the ONLY person to knock out Darkrai in the Sinnoh League. Not only did he knock out Darkrai, but he also knocked out Tobias' (forgot his japanese name, Tsukasa I think? Or is that just .hack that makes me think that? whatever) Latios as well. He beat the Orange League and Battle Frontier, which are no small feats. If you were a 10-year old kid, would you be winning tournaments and beating legendary Pokemon Champions? Probably not.
    EDIT: And all you saying Pikachu sucks, well yeah, he sucks every now and then (like with Snivy, omg...haha) but it's usually only for story development or filler. Remember he beat Regice, and basically beat Latios single-handedly since Sceptile and Swellow couldn't make a dent on him.
    Last edited by SSJCharizard; 26th March 2013 at 3:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No I don't. Unless Nintendo somehow decides it doesn't like money and makes GF end pokemon.
    Agreeing on this one.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast