Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    One of my problems with Ash is his apparent logic on type-matchups. I mean, he never chooses a pokemon that has a type advantage over his opponents, which may be one of the reasons there is a chance he may not suceed in his dream of becoming a Pokemon master.

In the end, I hope Ash will grow more and more mature as the series progresses, and the ultimate series finale will be a face-off against Giovanni.

Or so I predict.
    I think Ash has used a good type matchup about...Twice? Well Charizard had an advantage over Articuno... Only one I can think of...
    Also, Giovanni better not go all Darth Vader on us. Don't pretend you don't know what I mean... (ASH...I AM YOUR FATHER!)
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Ash's Logic=Writer's Fault. They made him less mature in Best Wishes, and tried to make him more rash and impatiently stupid.

I'm sorry, but I'm surprised no one's made a point of this; the thread title. Yes, I believe in Ash Ketchem, I believe in our White Knight. I believe in what is fair. I believe in Harve-Oops.

But yeah, I'm sure Ash is still pretty smart, but it's down to the writers for his logic.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Ash is the worst ever. Just watch BW's first episode.
    The first episode wasn't really all his fault. He lost because of Zekrom. If not for that, then this would be another topic.

My ideal battle ever!

I believe in Ash! ^^ I know he'll win a league someday!
    Favorite Pokémon:

Current Pokémon X team:

I do. Just because you dont win a league dosent mean your not a master....I think Ash still has alot to learn and he's just got to keep trying and trying. He will win eventually. I love Ash. I have always been an Ash fan. I have full faith in him. Always have and always will. I think he's an amazing trainer and he should not give up. Keep at it Ash! You'll win your first league soon!!!!

I think Ash should finally grow a pair and get soms serious training done. Get some more knowledge about Pokémon he battles so he doesn't need to whip out his Pokédex to scan Pokémon he has seen over 9000 times before. Though i believe he has the potential to become a master someday, as he fought pretty well against some tough trainers throughout his carreer. An example of this is his battle against Agatha in Kanto. He almost defeated an Elite Four, which shows Ash DOES have skills. But maybe Agatha deceived him by letting Gengar get hit on purpose...
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Actually, I don't think him winning the Pokemon League will end his story. After all, there's still the Elite 4 and Champion. And while it wasn't an official league, Ash did win the Battle Frontier. But at the rate things are going, I don't think he will ever win the league unless they are about to end his journey and start with someone new, like Jimmy Gold.

i believe he'll get somewhere someday, maybe
    it'd be cool if they actually let him (and the rest of the characters for that matter) age and start having some adult problems and stuff
    it's hard for any sort of Real Character Development to happen to a character who never ages ya feel me

twitter | tumblr | lastfm
    ☆☆ 3ds: 2921-9118-8471 | nnid: stephastated ☆☆

I do not believe in him because, he isn't real! :O

Only if they ever let him grow up and end the anime.

To be honest not at all. His incompetence is cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    To be honest not at all. His incompetence is cringe worthy.
    at times, yes. he manages to get to a slightly competent level by the end of the gen and resets next gen. that basically takes away all hope for him winning a league.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Ash used to be a real jerk at times like in the Brawly episode and the episode where Charizard left. Also he comes up with weird strategies like in one B/W gym episode, can't remember which where he only brought one pokemon to the gym and as expected, it failed miserably and he had to run out to get his other pokemon embarrassing himself.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Ash sometimes is just to illogical. He really annoys me with him using pikachu... All. The. Damn. Time
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Ash should evolve Pokemon more often. Corphish could be an absolute BEAST when evolved. Crawdaunt is awesome. The only Water type he has that evolved is Krabby, into Kingler. Didn't the Sinnoh saga have the most evolutions of his Pokemon?
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.
    Ash has quite a few choices for a mate. Quite a few of his traveling companions would go for him as well as others he has met along the way.

Psh...Ashy boy. They need to just make another protagonist already, Ash is getting to be a huge disappointment of a character for me.
    They don't even let the boy age and he returns to being a noob every region. Dawn, Hugh or maybe even a grown up Max would be perfect as the new main character in
    my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    Do you believe ash will ever win a pokemon league? Do you think he will be the trainer he set out to be one day?
    15+ years later and people still ask this question (and I keep answering it). Yes, I think he will win the final one. No, he won't be the best by the end of the show. The writers just want to show the characters always getting better but not actually achieving it. Evidence being Misty, Brock, May, and Dawn.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 12th May 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I always wanted Hikari as a main character in her own series. But I doubt how that would sell toys and other kinds of merchandise, especially since she wasn't that relative to the plot anymore despite being a co-star alongside Satoshi in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Psh...Ashy boy. They need to just make another protagonist already, Ash is getting to be a huge disappointment of a character for me.
    They don't even let the boy age and he returns to being a noob every region. Dawn, Hugh or maybe even a grown up Max would be perfect as the new main character in
    my opinion.
    I'd say Gary or Paul

Well, Ash is always like" I belive in you!" " You can do it!" . I know you have to treat pokemon with love and care but it's starting to get annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    15+ years later and people still ask this question (and I keep answering it). Yes, I think he will win the final one. No, he won't be the best by the end of the show. The writers just want to show the characters always getting better but not actually achieving it. Evidence being Misty, Brock, May, and Dawn.
    I'm just going to say it right now, because someone has to say it. And if this comes off as sounding like speculation, I'm sorry. But this is my opinion about the issue.

Ash losing Leagues all the time is really starting to get old. Personally, I see no viable reason why he CAN'T win one. Nothing justifies it, especially after this many years.

Also, the idea that the series has to end if he wins a League is absurd. My question to those that believe this is, 'Says Who?'. Who said the series has to end if he wins a League? Personally, I see no reason why he can't just keep going.

You want to know what would happen if he won a League? He'd keep going, because there are always more challenges for the hero. So what that he won a League? There are a near-infinite number of Regions to explore. He'd just 'start over' in a new Region like he always does, and the adventure would reboot itself again, like it's done in each Region up to this point. A good writer could work it into the series in a way that makes sense, and it isn't hard to do.

That said, do I think they're going to do that? No. Probably not. If I had faith in the writers in this regard, I would think there was a chance. But I don't.
    Last edited by SBaby; 30th May 2013 at 2:03 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCait View Post
    I do. Just because you dont win a league dosent mean your not a master....I think Ash still has alot to learn and he's just got to keep trying and trying. He will win eventually. I love Ash. I have always been an Ash fan. I have full faith in him. Always have and always will. I think he's an amazing trainer and he should not give up. Keep at it Ash! You'll win your first league soon!!!!
    Winning one league shouldn't make you anything. I find it pathetic that the writers would think of ending his story with just one league win after losing five or less. I don't see why that's important. If you don't like the main character than no one is forcing anyone to watch the show that's been on the air and is still making money after all these years. I wish some people would see that. This is why I stopped watching the show for Ash's story along time ago. I watch it because of the many other things I like about it.

My ideal battle ever!

Just make him win a league so that he can enter the ultimate Champion league where he gets to fight every regional champion and become the hard-earned badass he's supposed to be.

I mean, he's based off from Red AKA the ONE.

They should set the next saga of the anime 5 years after the events of the current one so that Ash is older and stronger

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast