Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

No. Not at all.

While I would love to see Ash win a league, it would effectively put an end to his story for the most part. (There are ways he can continue but nothing that would be worth dragging him along even MORE) Him actually succeeding in the anime would require the writers to be willing to take a huge risk by creating another main character and replacing Ash with him/her after Ash wins. Sadly I don't think the writers will ever be willing to do that. The steady income of cash the anime gives now is more appealing to them then trying to actually do something new and exciting for a change at the risk of upsetting the established flow. Shame really, since there are so many interesting ideas they could make use of if they were willing to try.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by SSJCharizard View Post
    I don't think he's horrible at all. He's actually pretty good at times. Think about it, considering the fact that he's a young kid and uses Pokemon that people normally call weak, and to come as far as he has, he's actually really good. Not to mention, he was the ONLY person to knock out Darkrai in the Sinnoh League. Not only did he knock out Darkrai, but he also knocked out Tobias' (forgot his japanese name, Tsukasa I think? Or is that just .hack that makes me think that? whatever) Latios as well. He beat the Orange League and Battle Frontier, which are no small feats. If you were a 10-year old kid, would you be winning tournaments and beating legendary Pokemon Champions? Probably not.
    EDIT: And all you saying Pikachu sucks, well yeah, he sucks every now and then (like with Snivy, omg...haha) but it's usually only for story development or filler. Remember he beat Regice, and basically beat Latios single-handedly since Sceptile and Swellow couldn't make a dent on him.
    You know that this is anime and not real life right?
    Thet also could give him rainbow power and let him ride on a sheep with laser eyes while he is eating a taco..
    But they don't
    Do you think they would make someone who is boring and eats the whole day cookies?No I guess not..

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

How can he still be 10!!!?>. <
    Brave Bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    How can he still be 10!!!?>. <
    They fill the pokeverse waters with anti growth hormones

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

He could just win a Pokemon league and still continue winning more but then winds up losing. That still helps the show running alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    He could just win a Pokemon league and still continue winning more but then winds up losing. That still helps the show running alongside.
    That's what I'm saying

Winning a pokemon league means he can challenge the elite four and then the champion it does not make him a champion in the same right as Adler, Lance etc. There are two ways to become champion
    1) Is get 8 badges win pokemon league beat elite four beat the champ. That is how Ash is trying to do it. (Then you go into the Champions league to become a Master)

2) Be a gym leader get promoted to elite four status beat the champ. (example Koga)

Now when Ash wins a Pokémon league it was never stated that he had to beat the elite four and challenge the champion all right after the pokemon league. That is what needs to be clarified, because if he has to challenge them right away before another pokemon league is held for that region then that could provide some problems since he will not be able to simply move on to another region right away.

Instead of filler however they could have him train in order to take on the elite four and then lose but if that happens he will have 2 choices 1 go to another region 2 challenge them again until he wins which leads into the champions league which by that time a new generation would pop up I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Winning a pokemon league means he can challenge the elite four and then the champion it does not make him a champion in the same right as Adler, Lance etc. There are two ways to become champion
    1) Is get 8 badges win pokemon league beat elite four beat the champ. That is how Ash is trying to do it. (Then you go into the Champions league to become a Master)

2) Be a gym leader get promoted to elite four status beat the champ. (example Koga)
    IIRC there is a third one:

3) Having an official battle versus the champion and somehow winning. Badges are not needed nor defeating the Elite Four (example: as explained during the battle Paul vs Cynthia).
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    IIRC there is a third one:

3) Having an official battle versus the champion and somehow winning. Badges are not needed nor defeating the Elite Four (example: as explained during the battle Paul vs Cynthia).
    Just watched the episode it was never stated that if Paul won he would become champion.

He seem strong and confident he will win a league, but thats the thing with every season I have watched. Like waiting and watching seasons 3 and 4 just to get to season 5 where he looses in the Johto League Silver Conference.

BTW, I don't like watching the Anime after season 6, the voices changed and I think the episode's writers are running a little low on ideas and it started going downhill.
    28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

If Ash ever achieves his goal, then GF will replace him with another character. That's my opinion, and no one can take that away from me.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

this guy gets it
    i just wish the writers would stop making pikachu lose at the start of regions

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    this guy gets it
    i just wish the writers would stop making pikachu lose at the start of regions
    i hear ya'. he loses to pokemon who must be what level 5? pikachu has had soooo much battle experience and yet it still loses to pokemon that are weak. ok... rant over. they won't let him win until they want to get rid of him. i WANT him to win... he has travelled enough... but sadly the writers won't let him have it.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Poor Ash... Never gonna achieve his dream because of Anime writers...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I'd like to believe that Ash will someday win a league. And maybe after he does, he'll have a child who can continue the show and go on a grand Pokemon journey. And once his child starts his/her journey, we can all stop watching the show. XD
    I copied Red's party from Gold/Silver. I am very proud of it.
    Lvl 100 and shiny, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    i hear ya'. he loses to pokemon who must be what level 5? pikachu has had soooo much battle experience and yet it still loses to pokemon that are weak. ok... rant over. they won't let him win until they want to get rid of him. i WANT him to win... he has travelled enough... but sadly the writers won't let him have it.
    No such thing as levels in the anime, mate. Strategy is the key to winning regardless of experience and type.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

He's the product of the young fan base and he will cater 4ever to the young fan base.

Pokemon should mature up a little, i'm afraid it will just go cater younger and younger.

Face it, the series will never grow up. Not saying its a bad thing.

Every time you throw a Pokeball comes great responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Sovahkiin View Post
    I'd like to believe that Ash will someday win a league. And maybe after he does, he'll have a child who can continue the show and go on a grand Pokemon journey. And once his child starts his/her journey, we can all stop watching the show. XD
    But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.
    I don't know, they could use Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, or maybe the league champion he beats could be a female and they could fall in love. I don't know how it will happen, but it would be nice to see him retire.
    I copied Red's party from Gold/Silver. I am very proud of it.
    Lvl 100 and shiny, of course.

You said it.
    I AM ERROR!

I'm a Liverpool FC fan. To those of you who are familiar with the fact they haven't won a league title since 1990, me following Ash Ketchum through the various regions feels a lot like supporting Liverpool. The new season starts and you're full of hope that something magical might actually happen, only for it to fairly quickly fall flat so you just end up (once again) going through the motions until the season wraps up and you can once again look forward to the future and pray that next time it'll be different.

Eventually when the Pokemon anime comes to an end, which lets face it that isn't happening soon, my prediction would be that Ash wins a Pokemon league. Just because Ash wins a Pokemon league doesn't necessarily mean the whole series is coming to an end, but it would be sort of odd to have Ash win the Pokemon league and then the next season he wants to be determined to win it again.

Ash will never be as great as his father lol, does he even have one?

No I don't beleive in ash.
    Credit to FairyWitch.

I'm in it.

Here's a quote from the Advanced Battle theme song that I think sums up Trainers like Ash in the League: "They can't win, but they sure can try!". Somehow our hero can win the Battle Frontier, but the Pokemon League is too hard. The hell?
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Here's a quote from the Advanced Battle theme song that I think sums up Trainers like Ash in the League: "They can't win, but they sure can try!". Somehow our hero can win the Battle Frontier, but the Pokemon League is too hard. The hell?

Haha, not only can he not win the Pokemon League, he can't even beat a brand new trainer's brand new Snivy...
    Way to go Ash. It was okay when he was terrible in the first season, but you'd think he'd learn.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

I got an idea! Why don't we take Ash Ketchum....And PUSH him out of the anime! (SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS REFERENCE)
    I AM ERROR!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast