Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Well I believed in Ash till Sinnoh. There was a continous development in his rankings. He could've actually won the Sinnoh league if it weren't for Tobias/\.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

My household doesn't believe in Ash, we believe in Red. Ash just happens to be a Red fanboy trying to live in his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    I got an idea! Why don't we take Ash Ketchum....And PUSH him out of the anime! (SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS REFERENCE)
    Or why not just have Pikachu thunderbolt him to death, that should surely rid us of him for good.

Joking
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    Or why not just have Pikachu thunderbolt him to death, that should surely rid us of him for good.

Joking
    That last bit is all that stopped the wave of Ash fans from attacking you.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Nope. I mean I barely had any faith in him to begin with and what little remained vanished completely in BW. I don't expect great things from him. And yeah it's sad that some of us can't even trust that the main protagonist will accomplish much, but the writers are to blame here. They've trolled us too many times and now some of us have grown cynical. :c
    Same here. rofl.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I do people forget that when the world is in trouble he does something about it. not winning a league is no big deal since most mains in series don't

But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.
    Jessie XD

I still believe in Ash as a main character this is a shounen series just look how long it took Naruto to be remotely cool and useful Ash will win a league but as long as pokemon is raking in the cash the creators are in no rush. That's how I see it. I would like for him to win something soon though I grew with pokemon since '98 and i would like to see some closure before my children start watching it lol.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I still believe in Ash as a main character this is a shounen series just look how long it took Naruto to be remotely cool and useful Ash will win a league but as long as pokemon is raking in the cash the creators are in no rush. That's how I see it. I would like for him to win something soon though I grew with pokemon since '98 and i would like to see some closure before my children start watching it lol.
    He won the orange league and the BF with the latter being a canon event in the games. Plus he has saved the world many times. In my mind saving the world matters more then winning a league lol

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    He won the orange league and the BF with the latter being a canon event in the games. Plus he has saved the world many times. In my mind saving the world matters more then winning a league lol
    Valid point but the show purpose isnt him being apart of everyones legend but to win a regional league so he can go to the champions league.

No I don't believe in Ash, and I don't think anyone should. I find it really troubling that he isn't tormented by the fact that he's regressed. Before each tournament this generation, he vowed to win. But his vows were broken of course. He came up short each time yet never seemed to mind. Why is that? He didn't even seem to care too much when he lost to Trip time and time again. Do you remember when he lost to Paul at lake Verity? Do you remember how he was so angry that all he could do was grit his teeth? He couldn't even bring himself to congratulate Paul. I miss that kind of passion from him.
    I'm Oshawott!
    And quite naturally I rock.
    Who are you?

...Let's be friends...
    5386-9386-3644

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWaterOtter View Post
    No I don't believe in Ash, and I don't think anyone should. I find it really troubling that he isn't tormented by the fact that he's regressed. Before each tournament this generation, he vowed to win. But his vows were broken of course. He came up short each time yet never seemed to mind. Why is that? He didn't even seem to care too much when he lost to Trip time and time again. Do you remember when he lost to Paul at lake Verity? Do you remember how he was so angry that all he could do was grit his teeth? He couldn't even bring himself to congratulate Paul. I miss that kind of passion from him.
    It just shows he cared about Trip as much as the Writers and Fans did.....Not at all

He should care though. Trip didn't have half the experience as him, or Paul for that matter. I guess I wish that Ash was a bit more of a cerebral character. One that feels shame and guilt when he doesn't achieve his goals. But I guess he's just more of a "la di da" "alright let's go!" kind of guy. He used to feel emotions though.
    I'm Oshawott!
    And quite naturally I rock.
    Who are you?

...Let's be friends...
    5386-9386-3644

I think he will win PL some day, when they decide to end the show.

He could win the Unova and Hoenn league if he used his older pokemon, not just ones that he caught in the region. I mean he could rotate a team of his strongest pokemon through tournament, and he's got pretty good pokemon but he won't use it. + they should make some of his water pokemon evolve (I know it's not all about evolving but still...). none of his water types evolved except for krabby (and he barely used him)/ not counting palpitoad because he caught it evolved.

I don't believe in ash.
    Unova have been a big humiliation for him.
    He has lost all tournament he suscribed (and there was numerous in best wishes arc), a first for him (before he won one or two competitions)

He Won't win till the show ends.

Spoiler:- Credits::

That last bit is all that stopped the wave of Ash fans from attacking you.
    There are Ash fans? Id like to know where, lol.

I believe in Ash, I don't believe in the writers.

Hell, I believe in God more than Ash, and that's saying something.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Hell, I believe in God more than Ash, and that's saying something.
    That's funny

Nah. I never really believed in him in Kanto, so how the hell am I supposed to in Unova? Maybe somewhere in Sinnoh, I did. That's until Darkrai took out most of Ash's pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

*CoughOrangeIslandscough*

But anyway, I significantly he ever will until the anime ends. Which is unfortunate, because there were some really good storylines that the writers could have had if he had.

Yeah, he technically has won a league. But will he ever win an actual main series league? Of course not. He might win some more "mini" leagues later on, but never the main one.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

It would be nice if he finally became the league champion and became what he wanted to be. Then they followed the journey of of some new trainer from pallet and there aim was to reach the heights that Ash did, finally challenging Ash for a passing of the torch moment.

I believe in The Shield...

I really don't get where people think Ash is an absolute failure because he doesn't win a tournament of the best trainers in that region. People forget that the Gym Leaders aren't the best trainers. All of the trainers in the Pokemon League have beaten 8 Gym Leaders too, so people aren't giving enough credit to the other competitors.

Ash defeated Lance of the Orange League, who was their great undefeated champion. That's right: Ash beat an undefeated champion, so he's not a failure. And when he does compete in the Pokemon League tournaments, he goes much further than a lot of the other trainers do.

So saying Ash is a pathetic loser because he isn't #1 is like saying the Olympic athletes who win silver or bronze metals suck at their sport too.

One more thing: Ash's main goal is NOT to win the Pokemon League, it is to be a Pokemon Master. Winning the League would be a big step in that direction, but he wants to be THE best ever, not just in 1 region.

EDIT: And why does it matter if he stays 10 or not? It's a cartoon. Characters not aging is not uncommon. Remember One Piece, one of the most popular anime in the world? Yeah, same thing, characters don't age and has hundreds of episodes... I don't see anyone hating One Piece because everyone is the same age as they were in 1999.
    Last edited by voicerocker; 18th April 2013 at 4:22 PM.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

If Ash uses Charizard and Sceptile in his next Pokemon League, he could win it. Remember the Battle Frontier and Sinnoh League? Just shows how powerful some of his Pokemon are.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    I believe in The Shield...

I really don't get where people think Ash is an absolute failure because he doesn't win a tournament of the best trainers in that region. People forget that the Gym Leaders aren't the best trainers. All of the trainers in the Pokemon League have beaten 8 Gym Leaders too, so people aren't giving enough credit to the other competitors.

Ash defeated Lance of the Orange League, who was their great undefeated champion. That's right: Ash beat an undefeated champion, so he's not a failure. And when he does compete in the Pokemon League tournaments, he goes much further than a lot of the other trainers do.

So saying Ash is a pathetic loser because he isn't #1 is like saying the Olympic athletes who win silver or bronze metals suck at their sport too.

One more thing: Ash's main goal is NOT to win the Pokemon League, it is to be a Pokemon Master. Winning the League would be a big step in that direction, but he wants to be THE best ever, not just in 1 region.

EDIT: And why does it matter if he stays 10 or not? It's a cartoon. Characters not aging is not uncommon. Remember One Piece, one of the most popular anime in the world? Yeah, same thing, characters don't age and has hundreds of episodes... I don't see anyone hating One Piece because everyone is the same age as they were in 1999.
    All of these are good points.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast