Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakes420 View Post
    They should set the next saga of the anime 5 years after the events of the current one so that Ash is older and stronger
    I don't think they will make him any much older than at least one year. They can't age him too quickly after not aging him at all for years now.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't think they will make him any much older than at least one year. They can't age him too quickly after not aging him at all for years now.
    Ash getting physically older would be a sign that the anime is finally going to move on to something big...that won't be that big.

Besides, the only one who seems to be visibly getting older (while somehow having reverse puberty with his voice in our dub) is Prof. Oak...

Hmm, are the writers trying to kill him?

i dont agree but some time i feel it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor sun View Post
    Well, Ash is always like" I belive in you!" " You can do it!" . I know you have to treat pokemon with love and care but it's starting to get annoying.
    Then what the heck is he supposed to say exactly? This is still a kids show and they do that for kids to be encouraged and inspired. Not the other way around. I think people are now confusing some things about Ash that is good and are making them bad. Which some of them are not.

My ideal battle ever!

The anime will always be crap as long as it focuses on kids.

I was largely disappointed with the Unova League. I think many people will agree that If he had used Charizard and Sceptile he would have won the league. (I didnt watch the whole Ash vs Cameron battle, just until the point where he realized that a full battle was 6v6)
    Pokemon X and Y. That sets the tune for the next 13 games.

No I dont think he EVER will. If he wins, there would be no point traveling around a new region hoping to win in the league. Pokemon always keeps going on so the anime has to roll with it. He would probably win if Pokemon are sick of rolling in money and having money baths and stop the anime by letting him win.

There is always the elite four. I remember he got steamrollered by Lorelei(spelling?) and Drake, so there is a long way to go in that regard.
    Pokemon X and Y. That sets the tune for the next 13 games.

I wish they just ended the ash saga during the end of the Crystal era, new protagonists should have been chosen for the third generation up.

Nope, not at all. He's unfortunately becoming a marketing tool now.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Nope, not at all. He's unfortunately becoming a marketing tool now.
    He always has been.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    He always has been.
    He means more of a tool than a character, especially when compared to how he was before (Kanto in particular).
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    He means more of a tool than a character, especially when compared to how he was before (Kanto in particular).
    You mean a stereotypical idiot protagonist? Not much of a jump in quality there if we're being honest.

He was just a beginner back then. That wouldn't work today especially when he's supposed to be better. Why do you think people hate him in BW?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    You mean a stereotypical idiot protagonist? Not much of a jump in quality there if we're being honest.
    At least he had a personality.

He was just a beginner back then. That wouldn't work today especially when he's supposed to be better. Why do you think people hate him in BW?
    No one is saying he should be a beginner again, I only stated that he was more interesting back then.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I think he'll eventually win a Pokemon League since I don't think there will be that many generations left.

Well no, he will need more life EXP and a mature brain. Remember he is only ten.

I think its silly to have nuclear weapons. It's human nature to find a drastic solution when faced with a drastic problem. (Put this in your signature if you agree)

No one is saying he should be a beginner again, I only stated that he was more interesting back then.
    It's because he was new and no one knew enough about him. But he still was just a beginner. However, I didn't see him better than he was than as the show progressed.

My ideal battle ever!

Subpar is better than bad but still below average.

I think they should of gone the pokemon adventure route, and have Ash win the pokemon league in kanto defeating Garry in the finals. Ash then goes off to train, in order to defeat the elite 4, and face the champion in Kanto (who is never revealed to the viewers). Also, to keep the cash cow going we can just have each season with a new protagonist (just like in pokemon adventure) who eventually bump into the protagonist of the previous season, and is given advice by them. In some cases we can have entire season where the past, and present protagonist work together with the protagonist of the past season being reduce to deuteragonist in the current season. This way fans won't get sick of seeing the same person, and eventually scorning him/her.

I never had hope, there was the Sinnoh League, but of course he lost.
    He never one a league (the orange island doesn't count because that was not a league, that was one fight).
    Maybe after we all long passed he'll finally obtain his dream.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I used to believe in Ash when I was younger. Now I can hardly find any reasons to like him, besides his perseverance and inability to recognize Team Rocket if they're so much as wearing fake moustaches. I wish that two anime could be made - one about Ash, since he's still a classic, and one with older, more mature characters. They could be, say, fifteen or sixteen years old and drawn by a different person so that their heads don't become massively blown up (well, Ash's situation isn't THAT bad) and so that the person who does the series now wouldn't die of being overworked.

Ash doesn't need to be kicked off the show for a harmony to be reached. A second show would become the missing part of Pokemon for the teens who play the games!
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I never had hope, there was the Sinnoh League, but of course he lost.
    He never one a league (the orange island doesn't count because that was not a league, that was one fight).
    Maybe after we all long passed he'll finally obtain his dream.
    Our ghosts will haunt the Pokemon Franchise. The Lavender Town theory was just a foreshadowing.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Iris? Well that is why most people I know hate it.

TBH I felt the nooby Ash thing wore off after his battle with Elesa

Not sure why the reboot of his skills even happened.

Well I think that he may eventually reign as champion of a Pokemon League, however I doubt he will ever become the best that no one ever was...

Nintendo will keep running the Anime for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    Well I think that he may eventually reign as champion of a Pokemon League, however I doubt he will ever become the best that no one ever was...

Nintendo will keep running the Anime for money.
    TBH if he was the best and did win 24/7 people would complain.

However winning a league a few times would be nice but I would hate to see him op everything

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast