Thread: Looking for Team advice for my pokemon

Default Looking for Team advice for my pokemon

I really want to use these Pokemon to start my new white 2 game with and I've tried to sit long and hard thinking of which moves and natures would benefit them but I'm open to certain suggestions

Also I'm stepping out my comfort zone and playing with pokemon I haven't played through a game with yet and they will be level 1s

Pachirisu Not sure which moves to keep for final
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    -Dig
    -Thunderbolt (was thinking of making this electro ball instead)
    -Iron Tail (was thinking of replacing either this one or dig with seed bomb for final)
    -Super Fang (was thinking on making this Hyper Fang)

Snivy (I haven't started the game yet but this will be the starter I choose)
    Need advice on a good nature

Future possible moveset for its final evolution
    Leaf Blade - Debateable
    Aqua Tail - Definite
    Dragon Pulse - Definite
    Aerial Ace - Debateable

Victini
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Victory Star
    Future final moveset need help on the moves
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt or Energy Ball having trouble deciding
    -Psychic
    -Searing Shot

Lillipup I don't know what to do for the future I was thinking of switching it out for a Kyle's Riolu
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    -Dig
    -Wild Charge
    -Return
    -Ice Fang

Frillish Was thinking of using this as final moveset
    Nature: need help choosing a good nature
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Need possible help with moveset
    -Energy Ball
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball

Swablu
    Nature: Calm but if you have a better suggestion open to it
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Fly
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Ice Beam
    -Sing *In the future I want it to know Flamethrower but again open for moveset suggestions for the final

3DS: 3325 3663 6860
    Black: 0905 5873 6195
    Pearl: 2665 8771 3645
    SoulSilver: 0819 0411 9143
    HeartGold: 0776 9026 9883

For reference all my events are cloned and I'm ok to trade for clones but no hacks

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimi View Post
    I really want to use these Pokemon to start my new white 2 game with and I've tried to sit long and hard thinking of which moves and natures would benefit them but I'm open to certain suggestions

Also I'm stepping out my comfort zone and playing with pokemon I haven't played through a game with yet and they will be level 1s

Pachirisu Not sure which moves to keep for final
    Nature: Lonely / Hasty
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    -Dig / Return
    -Thunderbolt / Electro Ball
    - Seed Bomb
    - Gunk Shot / U-turn

It's up to you on whether you use Thunderbolt or Electro Ball as your STAB move. Pachirisu has a good base speed of 95 so Electro Ball could come in handy; if you do want to go with Electro Ball, go with the Hasty nature to boost your Speed further. If you decide to go with Thunderbolt, go with Lonely to give your other moves a bit more power (Pachirisu will definitely need that extra power). Your other moves are just for some coverage. Seed Bomb to hit Ground-types who are, of course, immune to Electric. Gunk Shot or U-turn can be used to hit those Grass-types which resist your STAB move. Return is an option over Dig for added neutral coverage.

Snivy (I haven't started the game yet but this will be the starter I choose)
    Need advice on a good nature - Hasty

Future possible moveset for its final evolution
    Leaf Blade - Debateable
    Aqua Tail - Definite
    Dragon Pulse - Definite
    Leech Seed

Not much to say here. Hasty further boosts Serperior's Speed, though really any nature that doesn't hinder your Speed, Special Attack or Attack is fine to use. I'd personally go with Leech Seed as your last move here just for the recovery it provides.

Alternatively, you could run the route of a purely Physical set:

Serperior
    Adamant nature
    ~ Coil
    ~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Aqua Tail

Coil is a good boosting move and allows Serperior to hit a bit harder. Outrage > Dragon Pulse on this set because you're using your physical Attack.

Victini
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Victory Star
    Future final moveset need help on the moves
    -V-create
    -Grass Knot
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast

Can the nature for Victini be changed? If yes, go with a nature that doesn't reduce any of Attack, Special Attack and Speed. Even if you can't change the nature, I'd still go with V-create; even with a -Atk nature, it's extremely powerful and will simply tear through your opposition. Grass Knot gets better coverage for Victini, hitting not only Water-types but also Ground- and Rock-types. Focus Blast is a powerful move with added coverage.

Lillipup I don't know what to do for the future I was thinking of switching it out for a Kyle's Riolu
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    -Superpower / Fire Fang
    -Wild Charge
    -Return
    -Ice Fang / Crunch

Not much to say here. Go with either Superpower or Fire Fang to hit Steel-types, who would otherwise completely wall you. Superpower is a more powerful option but comes with the side effect of reducing your Attack and Defence, whereas Fire Fang is a less powerful option that doesn't negatively affect you. Crunch can be used over Ice Fang for more coverage. I'm assuming you'll be evolving Lillipup (and all your other Pokemon), but correct me if that's not the case.

Frillish Was thinking of using this as final moveset
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Need possible help with moveset
    -Giga Drain
    -Surf / Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball

Bold is a safe move for Jellicent's nature, making it more bulky. Not much to change with your set, apart from Scald being an option > Surf for the chance of burning your opponents. Also, I'd go with Giga Drain > Energy Ball for recovery while dealing damage.

Swablu
    Nature: Modest / Mild
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Fly
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Sing / Toxic / Earthquake

Go with Flamethrower > Ice Beam as Fire + Dragon gets almost perfect neutral coverage (only Heatran resists it iirc) and Ice Beam doesn't do much for Altaria. You can keep Sing if you want, or go with Toxic. Another option is running Earthquake, although this means that you'll have to go with a defence-lowering nature such as Mild.
    Comments in bold. For your Pokemon, I assumed you were going to evolve them fully, but if you're not, let me know and I'll tweak the movesets where necessary.

Hope this helps!

Is there a reason Bolt Strike is not on Victini? It would hurt those Water types even harder than Grass Knot.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Comments in bold. For your Pokemon, I assumed you were going to evolve them fully, but if you're not, let me know and I'll tweak the movesets where necessary.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Is there a reason Bolt Strike is not on Victini? It would hurt those Water types even harder than Grass Knot.
    I can't change the nature on the victini and this victini is the low level liberty garden one not the movie event one so it doesn't have bolt strike or v-create

Pachirisu's and Swablu's natures can't be changed they were RNG'd for me that way I'm sorry is there a way you can still help me with the natures they already have?

I can try to see if one can be made with your suggestions though

And yes I was also planning on evolving everyone to their final levels
    Last edited by Yurimi; 9th March 2013 at 10:17 PM.

3DS: 3325 3663 6860
    Black: 0905 5873 6195
    Pearl: 2665 8771 3645
    SoulSilver: 0819 0411 9143
    HeartGold: 0776 9026 9883

For reference all my events are cloned and I'm ok to trade for clones but no hacks

Pachirisu
    Adamant Nature
    ~Thunderpunch
    ~Seed Bomb
    ~Bite/U-Turn/Gunk Shot/Return
    ~Super Fang

Pachirisu would really appreciate having Super Fang, since it has 45 base Attack.

Victini
    Calm Nature
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Psyshock
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Charge Beam

Since you can't get another Victini....a fully Special set, then.

Altaria
    Calm Nature
    ~Roost/Tailwind
    ~Dragon Pulse
    ~Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    ~Hyper Voice/Cotton Guard

Too bad in 5th Gen there's no Air Cutter move tutor like in 4th Gen.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^