Thread: Pokemon Black 2 In-Game Team

Default Pokemon Black 2 In-Game Team

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to make a in-game team that covers all types in game to help me get through it rather quickly and be able to compete. Here is what I have so far... any suggestion would gladly be accepted. I currently have 4 Pokemons. Still need 2 more (feel free to suggest any pokemon/build)

Cloyster @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Ability: Skill Link

- Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Ice Shard
    - Shell Smash

Aggron @Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Ability: Rock Head

- Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Iron Head

Lucario @Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Ability: Steadfast

- Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Nasty Plot

Electivire @Life Orb
    Ability: Motor Drive

- Wild Charge
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    Last edited by cabooseman; 10th March 2013 at 3:13 AM.

not sure about all these life orbs, as for in game, you generally dont want your pokemon to take damage. The herb for cloyster is also out of the question except for subway use.

Leftovers can be considered on all of them, as none of them are particularly weak for hp/defenses.

To be honest, you could probably beat the E4 with that. You are VERY VERY susceptible to ground attacks though, so stuff such as excadrill could cause serious issues.

Braviary/Mandibuzz should be considered, put fly on it if you can spare the moveslot.
    Lilligant can work also, resists ground, although nothing in this team resists fire. (aggron is steel and cloyster is ice, so both take neutral), so lilligant may not be the best option.
    Archeops resists fire and is immune to ground, but can't really switch into fire attacks due to defeatist.
    Gyarados/Swanna also resist fire and immune to ground, although getting a magikarp early will need an online trade i believe?! swanna is a little more frail but can do the job. Weak to electric attacks which is covered sort of by electrivire.

Personally i'd just have a HM user in the last slot, frillish can get flash, surf, waterfall covered. Pinsir/various others for cut + strength.
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

I think I'm going to put Surf on Cloyster. Lucario will probably be using Wise Glasses.
    Muscle band will probably go on Cloyster & Electivire

Well, what's it? This team has no mistakes. People will just nitpick on small things to improve upon.

I loved your decision by putting Aggron the team, hehe...

But consider those changes:
    Aggron with Life Orb, or Leftovers, the first one have some priority. He have's enough power with Head Smash already, and locking yourself on a single move In-game isn't great nor something recommended. He have plenty HP to stay on the field, though, but may i ask; why 252 HP EV's? Any special reason? I would like to hear you opinion about this.

On Electivire...shoot a Expert Belt on him, it'll do more damage than you think, and you already know why, i guess, since you're using the standard Electivire' Set.
    That's it. Good luck, man!
    Last edited by Sohryu; 10th March 2013 at 7:49 PM.

I did 252 HP EV's on Aggron because most of the Pokemon's on the list are rather frail and are based on sweeping fast without taking damage. So, I wanted at least one Pokemon in the group that could take some hits and dish out damage as well. Aggron and Conkeldurr were the only 2 I could think of. I didn't want to use Conkeldurr again since I used him on my Pokemon White playthrough.
    Also, I plan on doing Battle Subway and the other Tournament thing that Black 2 offers so I wanted to use Aggron as a HP shield/attacker along with my sweepers.

Yes, Aggron's Head Smash is so over powered.

I will get an expert belt on Electivire.

I just wasn't sure of what items to use so I ended up listing Life Orb for all of them since that's the strongest Item I was able to think of at that time. Currently, I have no equipped items on my Pokemon's since they cause enough devastation already.

Have you considered any dragon types? Hydreigon would be beneficial to any team. Have a timid nature with max investment in SpA and Speed with 4 HP evs, and you should run dark pulse, dragon pulse, surf, flamethrower since its in-game and you don't have to worry about the extra *umph* that fire blast gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by cabooseman View Post
    I did 252 HP EV's on Aggron because most of the Pokemon's on the list are rather frail and are based on sweeping fast without taking damage. So, I wanted at least one Pokemon in the group that could take some hits and dish out damage as well.
    Plausible and very well explained.
    Aggron's also have a "good" type to deal with most type-and-forms of attacks. His DEF is already great, but what about his SpDef? Can he endure Special Hits easily? Not really. I would use those EV's on him:
    252 HP (we'll keep it, i really agree with you on that point) / 212 SpDed / 46 ATK + An Careful Nature.
    Careful Naturw help's a lot if you gonna use him to "absorb" attacks. His only downside is his SpDef and its horrid type weakness in form of Ground/Fire/Water Attacks. The latter one is also more frequent being Special, which is bad, seeing its SpDef Stat. We cannot change his weakness, we can only deal with that by changing pokes in battle, but we can deal with his SpDef stat, and that's what i did.

I just wasn't sure of what items to use so I ended up listing Life Orb for all of them since that's the strongest Item I was able to think of at that time. Currently, I have no equipped items on my Pokemon's since they cause enough devastation already.
    No worries, my friend, I'm the same, kinda, haha!! Whenever you don't know what item you should use, put him a Leftovers or Life Orb, simply because if you post you team here, i and other raters will help you. Again, no worries, it's totally understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by P3riphery View Post
    Have you considered any dragon types? Hydreigon would be beneficial to any team. Have a timid nature with max investment in SpA and Speed with 4 HP evs, and you should run dark pulse, dragon pulse, surf, flamethrower since its in-game and you don't have to worry about the extra *umph* that fire blast gives you.
    He's already said he gonna use this team on Subway too, but i agree a bit here.
    This team have a huge weakness in Ground Attacks.
    You, at least, need something that's immune to it, seeing both Aggron and Electivire do their jobs well in this team, but if a Ground or Earthquake user (which is common) come...
    Perhaps, a Dragonite or Garchomp would fit this team better, and it'll probably make this team way better. You considering change Cloyster to any other poke of your choice? (As long he's immune to Ground Attacks/Earthquake Users)
    Lucario can also do the job, and he's good at that, too, but just good, nothing superb or outstanding.
    Last edited by Sohryu; 11th March 2013 at 9:31 AM.

Yeah, I'll probably be replacing Cloyster with Garchomp once I head more toward Battle Subway and other competition.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature

- Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Fang

Also, I will breed another Aron to raise SpDef. to see which one would work better.