Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Eeveelutions?

Default Thoughts on Eeveelutions?

I think that all the Eeveelutions have a decent design, except Glaceon and Sylveon. They look a bit silly in my opinion. Glaceon almost looks as if it is wearing a wig, and Sylveon is all dressed up with ribbons and bows. I'm not saying that makes them bad Pokémon. The stats aren't too shabby, well, for Glaceon, but I wouldn't consider adding them to the team.

But that's just my opinion. What do you think?
    Last edited by UUTrainerUU; 17th February 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    << Move your eyes in this direction to experience cuteness beyond comprehension. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any complaints or concerns, please report them to my psychiatrist.

I like all the Eeveelutions. None of them look like silly/odd/ugly/weird for me by now.

The only eveelution that I don't like very much is the new one... Sylveon. To me, it looks kind of silly, but that is just my opinion. I'm sure once I get used to it it will fit in. Otherwise, I think all of the other eveelutions look perfectly fine.
    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1183-1943

same. i like then all except for slyveon. its too girly and wierd for my tastes. ribbons and bows? to me thats just dumb
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I didn't really mind Glaceon too much, but Sylveon looks ridiculous. I love Eevee and all the Eeveelutions, but Sylveon was just a disappointment.
    << Move your eyes in this direction to experience cuteness beyond comprehension. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any complaints or concerns, please report them to my psychiatrist.

I love them all.... except Sylveon. -__-

All it would need to do at the very least is lose the ribbons on the head.. then it would look 10x better.
    ~~Superior Awesomeness!! (Awesomeness of the superior variety)~~

That new eeveelution is hideous. its not even cute, it looks like Delcatty x Victini or something. they ran out for ideas.
    And whats the typing? normal? greatttt

"It's not god the people fear, but people's fear is God."

I like them all, but (as opposed to almost everyone who was replied here so far) I think Sylveon has grown on me the most. I like how they all share the same basic idea, but all have different strengths and weaknesses and different uses. Plus, they're cute.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Since Eevee is notorious for being easy to add new evolutions, I've gotten used to it and its fine. I like most of em, especially Espeon. Like a few others though, what bothers me is Sylveon's bows. They really don't need to make Pokemon with "girly" elements such as ribbons and- ack- flower decals (shakes head at Munna, no offense to its fans though). Pokemon designs ought be appealing to everyone.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I like them all, but I have a certain liking to Umbreon, as it is my favorite Pokemon. xD
    I think Sylveon is fine!

They're cute. The first thing that I think of whenever I see Flareon is OMGSOFLUFFYIWANTTOHUGITOMGOMG. Most are a bit overrated though. I find Sylveon OK but it coulda been better.

I like them all, they are all unique and good in they're all good in their own respects. I will admit that Sylveon is a bit disappointing designed wise. There is obviously a reason for designing it this way, as there are easier evolutions that gf could have desinged. We haven't got type, moves or stats yet. My personal favourite is Umbreon.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Sylveon is just fine. Sure, it's girly, but maybe there's a point behind its girly appearance.
        Spoiler:- Eeveelutions layout:

Maybe it has to do with what this Pokememes post says about trumping/being trumped by Jolteon? Jolteon is rather masculine, while Sylveon is rather feminine. If you look closely at the rest, they're layed out to look like a masculine vs. feminine trumping, as each eeveelution has a masculine or feminine feature.

To digress, I'll say my favorite has always been Espeon.
    Omega Ruby Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    That new eeveelution is hideous. its not even cute, it looks like Delcatty x Victini or something. they ran out for ideas.
    And whats the typing? normal? greatttt
    Lolno

Anyway although I like the designs of Eeveelutions, at the same time I find them way overrated like Charizard and Lucario. My favorites are Flareon and Vaporeon while Umbreon is my least favorite.

Plus I wish people would stop comparing Sylveon to Victini/Milotic/Delcatty. It is nothing alike these three one bit except for maybe the eyes that look like Victini, in which most Pokemon share the same eyes.

i'm personally a fan of all the eeveelutions, but when i first saw Sylveon i thought to myself, "Wow. This pokemon is so overshadowing all the others design-wise." i mean it's dressed up in bows, frills and such. I liked them better when eeveelutions were plainer, if you compare Jolteon to Sylveon, without even seeing it's typing you know that it's an electric type. that also goes for the other eeveelutions, but with Sylveon you can't even clearly tell. I know that i cannot fully judge Sylveon completely, i still have to take the type and ability (once it's released) into considoration.

I know some of you guys complained about the add of the bows and scarfs. but lets keep in mind that Sylveon will be tied with the french culture as well. According to some fans, the ribbons and bows, sometimes the scarves, are japanese symbols about the wind. We know France can be FASHION OBSSESSED. if you don't want fashion obsessed pokes, a female Gardevoir, Lilligant, Cinccino, Gothitelle, Jynx, and Mienshao would want a word with you guys and girls.

I don't see our new eeveelution as over designed or bland in looks. It finds the right balance. I'll be honest . A lot of you players hate the middle ground and many, except for a few, side on either very decorative and complicated designs or on over simplified designs. All that I ask was that Sylveon can use fly to carry us to town. If they do so, France will then have a pokehistory of female warriors winning wars while riding their glorified Sylveons. I know I'm turning Pokemon to Fire Emblem ... yeah. Poor Sylveons die during the war at France.

But I'll be honest with you. A lot of us wanted a party of FEMALE eeveelutions huh? The exceptions for me would be Jolteon, Umbreon, and Flareon personally.

I don't know why but Espeon is that pokemon that gives me a dirty thinking of affection as of it is female, it's so seducing. I could say the same for Vaporeon, Sylveon, Glaceon, and Leafeon. bu nothing compares to Espeon in terms of seduction. If you know what I mean ...

Eevee, personally, I see it as a female, thanks to the PMD series
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 18th February 2013 at 2:51 PM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Eeveelution is really overhyped, like Lucario and Charizard. Still, I like some of the Eeveelutions: Espeon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Eevee himself. Then I have the neutral grounds: Leafeon, Umbreon, Flareon, Sylveon. The only eeveelution I really dislike is glaceon. If you've seen "Strategy with a Smile" It's potrayed like a devil lol.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The Eeveelutions are unique in their ways. Sylveon just contradicts the other Eeveelutions. Glaceon I don't mind as well, even for the others since their design makes sense. Sylveon with the bows... it's not interesting.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Yeah I like them all except for Leafeon, it's just so weird looking somehow. My favorites are Glaceon, Jolteon and Umbreon.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I personally think Sylveon's eyes look too big and adorable~! I just can't see how Sylveon would be related to an Eeveelution~! :OO

In other words Sylveon is just a simply beautiful design with adorable style with the bow placement seeming quite unique. (In my opinion)

Most of them are really generic looking. And the ones that aren't are just not interesting to me.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Sylveon is cute!! by fashion-wised. Though, I do have to say, it somehow made a contradiction to all prior eeveelutions. Because, to my personal opinion, it somehow lack the physical feature that makes it "feels like" one eeveelution.

When the first time I saw Umbreon and Espeon in Gen II, and Leafeon and Glaceon in Gen IV, I can tell immediately that is an evolution of Eevee. But for Sylveon, I couldn't tell it until I actually go dig into the information source.

Though it's cute, but yet feel weird for Sylveon to be an eeveelution. If Sylveon is not an evolution of Eevee, but from a new Gen VI Pokemon named [insert whatever name here], or let it simply be a non-evolving Pokemon, then I will really be fine and welcome to have such cute Pokemon in Gen VI.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

I have honestly starred at the new evolution for a long period of time just trying to figure out what type it could possibly be and honestly my best guess is normal at this point. It shows no traits of other typing unlike its other eevee counterparts.

-Credits to Mycooly and Jets for the Banner<3

Am I the only one thinks that Sylveon is the final eeveelution and is a mix of all of them? Since it looks like its using A fire attack & Dark attack @ the vid on serebii news page.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

I like all the eeveelutions, though some more than other. I really like Jolteon and Umbreon, but never cared much for Glaceon.
    Sylveon isn't bad, but isn't great either. And the fact that the type is not obvious as the other ones makes it kind of worrying for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast